Best Dermatologists And Anti-Aging Dr.'S In Bangkok?

I've quite bad skin and it's getting worse no matter what stuff i put on my face so it's probably time to visit a good dermatologist.

My skin has some old acne spots (still breaking out), sun damage and it's easily irritated. I need a dermatologist who's also literate in the anti-aging field and can create a complete treatment over a longer period of time for me. I'm not interested in a one-time treatment because skin needs time to heal and improve. There are a lot of Dr.'s in Thailand who are more like salesmans than real dr.'s. Can anyone tell me if the following list of dr.'s is still good to go?

Dr. Orawan

Dr. Chittapon - bumrungrad

Dr. Niyom Tantikun - bumrungrad

Dr. Paritas Sukriket , M.D. - samitivej

Dr. Wichai of St. Louis Hospital

Dr. ?? At Yanhee hospital

Dr. ?? at skin hospital asok

I'd also like to give the Yanhee and skin hospital a visit.

P.s. What's the name of the machine that can create deep tissue images? I've seen it on a dermatology documentary a while ago but i forgot the name of it. Do the better dermatologists in Bangkok use such devices to map the skinproblems?

Edited by differentbutsamesame

Dr. Wichai at St Louis is very good. Successfully treated my nephew for skin similiar to yours (mixture of acne scars and new break outs of acne) using green laser phototherapy. Wasn't cheap though.

Dr. Wichai at St Louis is very good. Successfully treated my nephew for skin similiar to yours (mixture of acne scars and new break outs of acne) using green laser phototherapy. Wasn't cheap though.

Thank you Sheryl, i will definately visit dr. Wichai. Costs are not a problem, i just want to get rid of the acne, old scars and spots for once.

Based on your posts on thaivisa I see you have a lot of knowledge about healthcare in Thailand. Do you know if laser resurfacing is done in Bangkok?

Thank you Sheryl, i will definately visit dr. Wichai. Costs are not a problem, i just want to get rid of the acne, old scars and spots for once.

Based on your posts on thaivisa I see you have a lot of knowledge about healthcare in Thailand. Do you know if laser resurfacing is done in Bangkok?

yes but very hard to find as not popular with Thais.

Dr. Wichai does it. He does several different types so need to discuss thoroughly with him what your concerns are/desired outcome. Some types are better for removal of surface skin (scars, blotches etc0 while others are better for stimulating collagen and treating wrinkles.

yes but very hard to find as not popular with Thais.

Dr. Wichai does it. He does several different types so need to discuss thoroughly with him what your concerns are/desired outcome. Some types are better for removal of surface skin (scars, blotches etc0 while others are better for stimulating collagen and treating wrinkles.

Why isn't it popular among Thais? Isn't the fractional laser superior in comparison with the weaker lasers they use in most Thai clinics?

There seems to be a wide spread belief/fear that it might cause skin discoloration.

Fractional laser treatment is not what is usually meant when you take about laser resurfacing as it is non-ablative. If it is non-ablative fractional laser treatment you want, a bit easier to find.

Still though dermatologists in Thailand are overwhelmingly geared towards Asian skin and Asian concepts of skin beauty i.e. whitening the complexion. Evenb when using fractional laser they are apt to focus on trying to remove any and all small freckles rather than doing what most westerners want. This even if you explain at great length that you are not after whiter skin and do not mind the odd freckle/beauty mark but rather want XYZ. I speak from bitter, money-wasting experience.

There seems to be a wide spread belief/fear that it might cause skin discoloration.

Fractional laser treatment is not what is usually meant when you take about laser resurfacing as it is non-ablative. If it is non-ablative fractional laser treatment you want, a bit easier to find.

Still though dermatologists in Thailand are overwhelmingly geared towards Asian skin and Asian concepts of skin beauty i.e. whitening the complexion. Evenb when using fractional laser they are apt to focus on trying to remove any and all small freckles rather than doing what most westerners want. This even if you explain at great length that you are not after whiter skin and do not mind the odd freckle/beauty mark but rather want XYZ. I speak from bitter, money-wasting experience.

Which laser treatments or light treatments did you undergo? Which ones do you find a waste of money?

The one i mean is probably ablative, i know somebody who did it a few years ago. Her face was bloody and swolen for 5 days or so but the result was very impressive. Fine wrinkles were gone and deeper wrinkles were a lot less noticebale.

The one i mean is probably ablative, i know somebody who did it a few years ago. Her face was bloody and swollen for 5 days or so but the result was very impressive. Fine wrinkles were gone and deeper wrinkles were a lot less noticeable.

Well the deep wrinkles would be a lot less noticeable because after 5 days, post treatment, the skin would be still swollen. Giving a false impression that it cured deep wrinkles.

• 3 weeks later...

Sheryl..my stepdaughter has quite bad problems with acne. Seems that she goes to some clinic every couple of months and pays 4500Baht for some sort of lazer treatment and on top of that tablets..no idea what they are nor has she.....doesn't seem to last long.

So about how much did your nephews treatment cost please. Hers could be hormone problem as her fathers had scne........she doesn't listen to us though............any advice greatfully accepted....thanks

Edited by JAS21

I don't remember the exact amount and anyway it was many years ago, I just recall that it was comparatively costly (? maybe 10,000 - 20,000 baht??) but on the other hand it completely took care of the problem (both the current acne and old scars) in just one session.

Another option if she has not yet tried it would be accutane, it's a prescrption only drug but any dermatologist can prescribe it. Needs about 4 months of treatment and during thast time lips are dried and cracked and skin dry and a bit scaly but after that big improvement. However only an option if she's likely to comply, which will involve putting up with the aforementioned side effects. Other consideration is that it causes birth defects if taken during pregnancy (the main reason it's not sold OTC) so she needs to understand that she absolutely must not become pregnant while taking it.

Another option is that some acne in some girls improves when they go on birth control pills. This too a dermatologist can advise on.

Stand-alone derm clinics are often major rip-offs. They also have a very unethical habit of not telling patients what medications they have been given, which makes it hard to know what has already been tried and failed. She needs to see a proper dermatologist affiliated with a general hospital. You might start with that and if still not results then consider the green laser therapy.