Follow The Permission To Stay Stamp, Or Expiry Date Of Visa?

Hopefully a straightforward question - I have a '1 yr non-imm O visa' that expires in Aug 2011.

I last did a border run on June 23rd, got 90 days, so permission to stay until Sep 20th 2011

Do I go by this permission to stay stamp until 20th Sep, instead of the validity of visa which expires in August?

Or which one???

Thanks,

Permission to stay stamp rules!

IO, well, partly so.

If the guy stays later than 20 September, he'll be hit with the Overstay fine, bath 500/day.

However, if he does want to stay longer than 20 September, he MUST exit Thailand NLT than the EXPIRY date of his VISA, which is an undeclared date in August. As Lop3 said, he'd them get another Permission to Stay period of 90 days on top of his August departure and return.

Mac

Exit on the 19th, return straight away and get another 90 days :)

Wrong!

How could he get 90 days with an expired visa? :whistling:

Previous answers are correct and useful ;)

Edited by Pattaya46

Permission to stay stamp rules!

IO, well, partly so.

If the guy stays later than 20 September, he'll be hit with the Overstay fine, bath 500/day.

However, if he does want to stay longer than 20 September, he MUST exit Thailand NLT than the EXPIRY date of his VISA, which is an undeclared date in August. As Lop3 said, he'd them get another Permission to Stay period of 90 days on top of his August departure and return.

Mac

In all cases the permission to stay stamp or extension rules. You cannot stay in Thailand based on the visa expiration date.

Exit on the 19th, return straight away and get another 90 days :)

Wrong!

How could he get 90 days with an expired visa? :whistling:

Previous answers are correct and useful ;)

You are right, I misread it . . . so, exit the day BEFORE the visa expires in August and get another 90 days! :)