Why We Love Thai Food

andrewbkk

The ants and eggs made into laab like rice crispes with a lemon taste. Bee larva is interesting a bit chewey with a bland taste I thought it would be a bit sweet with the honey but no honey. Fried Laad balls cannot remember name, Nam Tok , Yum Neu, Yen Thai Foo very good, fried dried beef or pork with leo fantastic. There is a bunch more but donot know Thai name let my friends order.

The reason we like the hot stuff is the dopamin that is generated from the pain the heat , and spice generates

Eat on Thai food is the best

Fried stuff tends to taste like fried stuff. The smaller it is, the more it just tastes like fried stuff. And eating bugs is a regional thing, certainly not nationwide and not indicative of all Thai food, same as Mussaman is neither indicative of Thai food nor even of Southern food in general.

I haven't bothered trying bugs as it always just smells like old cooking oil and I don't even eat fried chicken cooked in old oil, why would I bother with bugs?

Anyway, bugs is not the be all and end all of Thai food and there are plenty of other delicious ways n which one can gain ones protein.

I love the crispy fried shallots and sauce that go with raw oysters for instance. Additionally, oyster omelets are quite tasty although I must admit I am not a fan of the sweet red chili sauce that comes with it.

Try a cricket and post back after about how it tasted ;)

I believe people should try things at least once or how will you ever know if you like it or not.

I never feel the need to eat bugs i only eat when offered but im glad i have tried them..

Raw prawns in some kind of spicey salad is another great dish. ;)

Fried stuff tends to taste like fried stuff. The smaller it is, the more it just tastes like fried stuff. And eating bugs is a regional thing, certainly not nationwide and not indicative of all Thai food, same as Mussaman is neither indicative of Thai food nor even of Southern food in general.

I haven't bothered trying bugs as it always just smells like old cooking oil and I don't even eat fried chicken cooked in old oil, why would I bother with bugs?

Anyway, bugs is not the be all and end all of Thai food and there are plenty of other delicious ways n which one can gain ones protein.

I love the crispy fried shallots and sauce that go with raw oysters for instance. Additionally, oyster omelets are quite tasty although I must admit I am not a fan of the sweet red chili sauce that comes with it.

I believe people should try things at least once or how will you ever know if you like it or not.

I never feel the need to eat bugs i only eat when offered but im glad i have tried them..

The day I find some that don't smell like they've been cooked in 4 day old reused oil I will try one. :D

The day I find some that don't smell like they've been cooked in 4 day old reused oil I will try one. :D

How do you know what 4 day old reused oil smells like? :D

Pretty obvious they are all cooked in very old oil.

I have a good nose. :)

Anyway, as said, bugs is not the be all and end all of Thai food.

Octopus coconut milk soup with lemongrass is delicious.

A super spicy khanom jeen (not Chinese at all apparently) with lots of fresh veggies mixed in is another favorite.,

How do you know what 4 day old reused oil smells like? :D

He remembers the 70s, when he changed the oil every 6,000 miles

You need to build up the flavour in the oil, or they could have been fried anywhere. We all need a competitive edge

SC

Pretty obvious they are all cooked in very old oil.

I have a good nose. :)

Anyway, as said, bugs is not the be all and end all of Thai food.

Octopus coconut milk soup with lemongrass is delicious.

A super spicy khanom jeen (not Chinese at all apparently) with lots of fresh veggies mixed in is another favorite.,

Why is it obvious?

Bugs are not be all or end all but try one at least ;):D