Where To Have Tires To Rotated Aligned And/Or Balance?

junglechef

Looking for a place who can give advice in English on what's best, have two left tires worn on the inside only. Went to a few places and was told to replace tires before even they looked at them and another told to rotate only two instead of four just to save me money, just want someone to give proper advice and do for me. Anybody had any good experiences with a tire shop around town?

Eagle on the Super seems ok, albeit for fixing punctures. The guy on the balancer didn't seem too clever though... attaching ever more weight on one of the wheels, not realising it was him causing it to be unbalanced. :blink: Keep an eye on em.

I would (and always do) take my cars to the dealer. When I get my periodic checks, they balance and rotate and tell me the depth of the tread left vs what the minimum (for safety) is.

When my tires get below the safe depth, I will then compare the price of replacing them at the dealer with the cost at the tire store in front of Macro super hwy, say.

Thanks, my dealership does not do tires and the first place I went to was their recommendation, the search continues ...

quote name='noise' timestamp='1310430722' post='4552193']

I would (and always do) take my cars to the dealer. When I get my periodic checks, they balance and rotate and tell me the depth of the tread left vs what the minimum (for safety) is.

When my tires get below the safe depth, I will then compare the price of replacing them at the dealer with the cost at the tire store in front of Macro super hwy, say.

Thanks but no thanks, looking for someone who can keep his eye on the ball, or wheel, in this case

Eagle on the Super seems ok, albeit for fixing punctures. The guy on the balancer didn't seem too clever though... attaching ever more weight on one of the wheels, not realising it was him causing it to be unbalanced. :blink: Keep an eye on em.

The store in front of Macro on the super highway is A.C.T. The managers name is Srima, he doesn't speak very much english but he knows his stuff. They have a very good 4 wheel alignment machine, a machine to test shock absorbers and an air conditione waiting room. I use them for brakes and minor engine repairs as well. Tire prices may be slightly higher than competitors but include free rotation and balancing for the life of the tire. They have 3 shops in Chiang Mai and others elsewhere.

thanks, I'll chk it out

The store in front of Macro on the super highway is A.C.T. The managers name is Srima, he doesn't speak very much english but he knows his stuff. They have a very good 4 wheel alignment machine, a machine to test shock absorbers and an air conditione waiting room. I use them for brakes and minor engine repairs as well. Tire prices may be slightly higher than competitors but include free rotation and balancing for the life of the tire. They have 3 shops in Chiang Mai and others elsewhere.