Partner Visa Applications (Australia)

It is always wise to check that you have the most up-to-date application form for whatever visa you are applying for. The DIAC website always has the up-to-date version available for downloading.

Where some people get caught is when they download a form and spend some time filling it out. This is especially in the case of a partner visa which requires lengthy application preparation.

Note that from the 07/11 the Partner visa application (47SP) and sponsor (40SP) forms were updated. If you downloaded these forms before this date, then they are out of date. If you submit an out of date form it wont be accepted and that is a real pain in the a**e if you suddenly find yourself having to fill in new form/s and get signatures etc. Especially given that they are lengthy forms.

The find out what version of the form you have, on every page of an application form in the bottom right hand corner it will have a design date. The current design date for the 47SP and 40SP is 07/11.

The current form for the tourist visa application (subclass 676) Form 48R is design date 11/10.

Bridge

I've just checked the design date for the form 888 statutory declaration. It is unchanged at 07/09. Can somebody confirm this for me, as I have just received some from Australia as part of the partner visa application. I don't want to have to do it again. Thanks.