Brutal Murder In The Rice Fields Of C.M.

jaideeguy

CM police rule this a suicide?

For the life of me I have no idea why anyone wears gold here. It's more or less you begging someone to take it from you, one way or another.

Then you do not at least partially understand the culture.

MSPain

For the life of me I have no idea why anyone wears gold here. It's more or less you begging someone to take it from you, one way or another.

MSPain

Either that, or you do not at least partially understand all meanings of the idiom "For the life of me, I have no idea why ..." :rolleyes:

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

RIP the deceased and condolences to the old lady. Thai's do appear to be peaceful people but violence always seems to be just under the surface. Similar thing happened in my wife's old village last year and hardly any publicity followed but the BiB later arrested a young man from the village who apparently grew up there and knew the victim well. He always thought he was well off and he needed money for beer so he killed him when he refused to lend him the dosh. It seems life here can be as cheap as a couple of bottles of beer.

Life in the uk and USA can be very cheap,multipul murders for no bottles of beer

MSPain

Either that, or you do not at least partially understand all meanings of the idiom "For the life of me, I have no idea why ..." :rolleyes:

Sorry, Professor. :jap:

MSPain

Edited by hml367

• 2 weeks later...

This just in......from the Thai wife via the coconut wireless.

They caught the murderers!! it seems that the murderers were a girl 17yrs and her boyfriend and the girl was raped by the old man when she was 14yrs old and it was a revenge murder. They caught the 'suspects' in the old man's truck in Pitsanoluk and returned to the scene of the crime and [seems] they confessed to the murder and stealing the old man's truck and 10bhat gold [200,000+thb].

Hopefully justice will be done and good job by the police!!

MSPain

You are safer wearing here than you are in many of the countries we expats come from.