Thai Red Shirts Warn Election Commission Of Backlash

webfact

senior member with 331 i think it was , you have no right to say that the people that voted for the red shirts are ( Morroons ) or words to that effect someone should put this so called sernoir member to rights , they was voted in why don't you eccept the vote of the mojority of the people if you don't agree which you dont as you write the same thing every day then eccept the system tht you make out you stand for !

we all know you dont like any change happy with your lot must be doing ok but there are many that aren't doing ok out of this system so if nothing else they are entiled to a change without such comments ( here we go again threats from the red shirt ) give them a chance but it no good talking to a cloded mind as yourself !

So according to you, if you are voted in , or enough people support you, then you can do what you want, when you want without fear of the repercussions or consequences. I support the system, but it appears the Nattuwat doesn't as the system is questioning his constitutionally required credentials to work within that system.If Nattawut supported the system, he should quietly let the EC get on with its job and reach a conclusion. Nattawut fears the conclusion and is threatening to resort to demonstrations and intimidation to get his way and effectively overrule the system not support it. Red Shirt supporters are not moroons, but their leaders are. He says one thing but does the opposite.

I 100% agree with you that the majority of people in this country have done very poorly and have very few opportunities to better themselves (unlike their leaders who have made heaps of money). ALL political leaders exploit the dreams of the poor and downtrodden for their own financial gain. Please don't think for a minute that Nattawut and co are doing this for altruistic reasons.

Edited by jonclark

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall correctly Mr. Natthawut is Currently out on Bail.

Is it permissible to Publicly Threaten the Election Commissioners (or anyone else) under the present bail conditions?...

Is it permissible to Publicly Threaten the Election Commissioners (or anyone else) under ANY CONDITIONS?

Oh wait,

he is using his own double standards to complain about double standards, so that makes it ok? ... NOT!

I think there is a big difference between a "threat " and a warning of public intolerance of a potential EC decision.

Read his words, he is making a warning not making a threat.

While I myself have no incline towards the reds (or any other color for that matter), I wonder what would happen in the western world of democracies if a party was legitimately elected 4 times (under international observation the last time - so no one can argue) and for the fourth time the democratically elected government and/or its elected candidates was removed by means of a so called impartial court ruling or a military coupe'. I think that in those countries too there would be very, very big trouble indeed.

Exactly, what is wrong with buying a few votes?

There is nothing wrong in buying votes, nothing wrong with that at all. The British (All parties) have been doing it for decades and so have the Americans and Australians and all the rest.

We are going to cut taxes (Buying Votes) We are going to increase pensions (Buying votes) We are going to give you health care (Buying votes)

Get real will you no one anywhere would vote for anyone if they where not going to get something more or better for themselves. You add this repetitive statement almost daily

While I myself have no incline towards the reds (or any other color for that matter), I wonder what would happen in the western world of democracies if a party was legitimately elected 4 times (under international observation the last time - so no one can argue) and for the fourth time the democratically elected government and/or its elected candidates was removed by means of a so called impartial court ruling or a military coupe'. I think that in those countries too there would be very, very big trouble indeed.

Exactly.

Nail,hammer,head !

I think there is a big difference between a "threat " and a warning of public intolerance of a potential EC decision.

Yes, it's a warning that his people will repeat their "peaceful protest" if he doesn't get what he wants.

Exactly.

Nail,hammer,head !

Since the initial statement is wrong ... it makes it hard to argue with in a short manner. but let's try.

2006 coup removed an extra-constitutional PM (he had officially quit the post, stepped back in, and was over his allotted time) via extra-constitutional means.

Samak was forced to step down but could have stepped tight back in. Why? He got caught lying.

Somchai's government was dissolved because his party was disbanded. Why? They were caught on video making payoffs.

The REAL question you should be asking yourselves is What would happen in the West if a PM ordered anything like the War on Drugs of 2003? What would happen if a PM was caught looting the state coffers, or running a business. etc. If Thailand were like the West Thaksin would have been in jail a long time ago, but Thailand isn't the West. Scandal would have ended the political career of Thaksin in 2001 in the West ....

There is nothing wrong in buying votes, nothing wrong with that at all. The British (All parties) have been doing it for decades and so have the Americans and Australians and all the rest.

We are going to cut taxes (Buying Votes) We are going to increase pensions (Buying votes) We are going to give you health care (Buying votes)

Get real will you no one anywhere would vote for anyone if they where not going to get something more or better for themselves. You add this repetitive statement almost daily

Actually there is a difference. If you vote for a party which (buys a vote) by promising better pensions for example, the improved pension is given to everyone of pensionable age, all people benefit additionally other political parties and media, through debate, critique and questioning of the party . are able to explains the pitfalls & benifits of that policy and offer a counter policy for people to choose between. (which benefits all the people). .If i give you 500 baht to put a tick in the box, this benefits a single person and there is no discourse or opportunity for other parties to offer an alternative ( other than more money). In this situation a single person (the receiver of the 500 Baht ) benefits and the pitfalls or potential problems of that parties policy remain hidden as meaningful discourse has been effectively neutralized. That is the difference, which do you prefer?

Edited by jonclark

No one ever gave me a few quid prior to voting in any UK election

senior member with 331 i think it was , you have no right to say that the people that voted for the red shirts are ( Morroons ) or words to that effect someone should put this so called sernoir member to rights , they was voted in why don't you eccept the vote of the mojority of the people if you don't agree which you dont as you write the same thing every day then eccept the system tht you make out you stand for !

we all know you dont like any change happy with your lot must be doing ok but there are many that aren't doing ok out of this system so if nothing else they are entiled to a change without such comments ( here we go again threats from the red shirt ) give them a chance but it no good talking to a cloded mind as yourself !

but its ok fine with you for your red friends to call Abhisit all names they want I wont use same word since whats more appropriate for most of them is totally brainwashed largely uneducated and have no thought for anything past next meal and for most of them 500 baht or free tablet or thought of minimum wage (which I actually agree with). Now thats their excuse what reason have you for displaying total ignorance and IMHO opinion stupidity - oops this might be banned for telling truth I think 331 should apologise to those he called morons since compared with you they display at least some semblance of rationality.

If I recall correctly Mr. Natthawut is Currently out on Bail.

Is it permissible to Publicly Threaten the Election Commissioners (or anyone else) under the present bail conditions?...

Is it permissible to Publicly Threaten the Election Commissioners (or anyone else) under ANY CONDITIONS?

Oh wait,

he is using his own double standards to complain about double standards, so that makes it ok? ... NOT!

K. Natthawut's 'warning' is followed by "He wrote on his Facebook page late Wednesday night that if the EC fails to endorse the MPs within the deadline, "I can guarantee there will be a big trouble"."

What Nattawut said is what every Thai person I know has been waiting to happen since before the election when it was obvious PTP were going to win easily and that they would then face problems.

Lets hope this doesnt go thermonuclear because it is pretty much known what happens anywhere when you deny groups the opportunity to work within the system. This is about the millions who support the PTP group being able to see their choices do count. Unfortunately the EC and the courts have to work within a context of what has happened in the recent past with party dissolutions, coups, governmental changes and how this is perceived as being loaded in one way and being politicized. How things are perceived is critical

Thailand's political system - regardless of who is in power - is marred by the endless legal bickering that is its hallmark. It is one of several facets of Thai politics that need to be addressed.

The judiciary and other democratic institutions need to be untangled from political bias and influence in order to prevent them impeding the progress of true democratic processes.

No problem with the bickering.

The problem is with the ones (red shirts) who wont except any thing but having their own way and if necessary will inflict death and destruction on society.

They want democracy but they want it to be under there control.

I do not agree with what the democrats are trying to do but you may rest assured if they din't get thier way no one will die and there will be no attempts to burn Bangkok down.

Right or wrong we have a new PM give her a chance. Maybe just maybe she will grow a set of ba--ls and tell her brother that he is no longer the PM that she is.

I doubt it but I am willing to give her a chance.

Thailand's political system - regardless of who is in power - is marred by the endless legal bickering that is its hallmark. It is one of several facets of Thai politics that need to be addressed.

The judiciary and other democratic institutions need to be untangled from political bias and influence in order to prevent them impeding the progress of true democratic processes.

Including more severe punishment for people who try to bribe judge, including more severe punishment for people who leave donut boxes with gift for court officials.

This is where it gets confusing for me...as i understand the meaning of the word democracy the moment one single vote is bought or sold democracy is already out the window and unreachable,

Or is this handing out of 500bht for each persons vote what is meant by thai style democracy? maybe they should find another word to use.

Actually there is a difference. If you vote for a party which (buys a vote) by promising better pensions for example, the improved pension is given to everyone of pensionable age, all people benefit additionally other political parties and media, through debate, critique and questioning of the party . are able to explains the pitfalls & benifits of that policy and offer a counter policy for people to choose between. (which benefits all the people). .If i give you 500 baht to put a tick in the box, this benefits a single person and there is no discourse or opportunity for other parties to offer an alternative ( other than more money). In this situation a single person (the receiver of the 500 Baht ) benefits and the pitfalls or potential problems of that parties policy remain hidden as meaningful discourse has been effectively neutralized. That is the difference, which do you prefer?

This is where it gets confusing....as i understand the meaning of the word democracy the moment one single vote is bought or sold democracy is already out the window and unreachable,

Or is this handing out of 500bht per vote whats called thai style democracy? Maybe they should find another word to use as it seems they dont know the meaning of this one,

Edited by tingtongfarang

Exactly.

Nail,hammer,head !

Exactly, wrong.

TRT formed government 2001, run it's term till 2005

TRT formed government 2005, early elections called Feb. 2006

April 2006 election invalidated, new election planned for October 2006 (beyond legal limit), but not executed because of coup against an illegal care-taker PM.

PPP formed government Dec 2007, first PM had to step down, but could have been rechoosen, k. Thaksin preferred brother-in-law k. Somchai. PPP was disbanded for election fraud (case took some time as legal cases go). No-one dissolved the House, MPs choose new PM.

Yes, it's a warning that his people will repeat their "peaceful protest" if he doesn't get what he wants.

When you put it in context that is where did it come from a warning can easily become a threat.

If the Democrats were to say the same thing people would not take it as a threat.

They would not think of armed men invading hospitals people using there children as human shields in discriminant shooting into public transportation centers buildings burning down armed men keeping honest citizens from going about their daily business of earning money to feed there family.

What Nattawut said is what every Thai person I know has been waiting to happen since before the election when it was obvious PTP were going to win easily and that they would then face problems.

Lets hope this doesnt go thermonuclear because it is pretty much known what happens anywhere when you deny groups the opportunity to work within the system. This is about the millions who support the PTP group being able to see their choices do count. Unfortunately the EC and the courts have to work within a context of what has happened in the recent past with party dissolutions, coups, governmental changes and how this is perceived as being loaded in one way and being politicized. How things are perceived is critical

If a few red shirt to-be-MPs are rejected, but the PTP still forms government, is that a reason for the people to "go thermonuclear"?

They're threatening a backlash if the red-leaders don't get endorsed. Yay for Red Democracy.

No problem with the bickering.

The problem is with the ones (red shirts) who wont except any thing but having their own way and if necessary will inflict death and destruction on society.

They want democracy but they want it to be under there control.

I do not agree with what the democrats are trying to do but you may rest assured if they din't get thier way no one will die and there will be no attempts to burn Bangkok down.

Right or wrong we have a new PM give her a chance. Maybe just maybe she will grow a set of ba--ls and tell her brother that he is no longer the PM that she is.

I doubt it but I am willing to give her a chance.

if red lovers are right and EEC is totally in pocket of elite then the clever thing for them to do would be to endorse Yinglik and a few of less thug like reds and not more thug like and then watch fireworks. Im not sure if cure to Taksin is better than disease since only real cure is for army to take over again destroy once and for all red menace and then maybe after a few years let a resurrected party free of the poison of Taksin but clearly on side of poor win and govern. Who knows im still taking our money out. If reds are democracy then id rather have the chinese way thanks or almost anything else. Maybe its all to try and clip Taksins wings a bit but I cant see Taksin giving up until he controls it all lock stock and Barrel. As far as giving Yinglik a chance come on theirs no chance in hell she will do anything not dictated by Taksin or if you think otherwise your living in cloud cooko land

Exactly.

Nail,hammer,head !

Since the initial statement is wrong ... it makes it hard to argue with in a short manner. but let's try.

2006 coup removed an extra-constitutional PM (he had officially quit the post, stepped back in, and was over his allotted time) via extra-constitutional means.

Samak was forced to step down but could have stepped tight back in. Why? He got caught lying.

Somchai's government was dissolved because his party was disbanded. Why? They were caught on video making payoffs.

The REAL question you should be asking yourselves is What would happen in the West if a PM ordered anything like the War on Drugs of 2003? What would happen if a PM was caught looting the state coffers, or running a business. etc. If Thailand were like the West Thaksin would have been in jail a long time ago, but Thailand isn't the West. Scandal would have ended the political career of Thaksin in 2001 in the West ....

Er..... hasn't Thaksin been handed a jail sentence, and banned from politics....that would appear to suggest your 'punishments' are already enacted...with possible further charges pending I understand...

It's only democracy if my side wins.

And while NOT being ANY sides apologist this was decided already in a definitive, democratic way just days ago, so let's move on children (meaning Thai politicians) it's like 2 seriously spoiled children in a big sand box dominating it so that no one else can use it..

It's said that Yinglucks violation revolves around her cooking and serving some noodle soup to constituents and that being a potential vote buying scheme? Puleeeeeease!!! Could they be any more trivial and childish??? I've no dog in this fight, I just want it all to go away until I can make my way out of here permanently and safely with my family and then all hell can break loose FAIC...

Not the first time i have you heard you make this comment about the election results having been a foregone conclusion, and i question you on it again, because it doesn't match with my memory of what was being said on the streets, in the papers, in the polls, on the TV, or indeed on here. Up until the very last last couple of weeks, when a swing became apparent, i think both PTP and the Dems were running very closely and predicting the outcome very difficult. Your comment below from around that time suggests you felt this way too:

I wouldnt want to predict election outcome although watching for any party changes may give a better indication. Persoanlly I think the Dems will have trouble retaining all their current seats as BJT will be going directly against in the east with strong local influential backing. It also looks like PTP will also struggle to hold all their seats as presumably those defecting are going to win. It will be interesting to see if this time around either big party can actually increase its base.

]

Er..... hasn't Thaksin been handed a jail sentence, and banned from politics....that would appear to suggest your 'punishments' are already enacted...with possible further charges pending I understand...

Yes he has, and yes he was, and yes there are, but not 1 minute served, still heavily involved in politics, and unlikely to ever face further charges.

If enacted punishments are ignored, are they really punishments at all?

Exactly.

Nail,hammer,head !

That's the whole point.

This is not the "West".

Well spotted.

It's only democracy if my side wins.

And while NOT being ANY sides apologist this was decided already in a definitive, democratic way just days ago, so let's move on children (meaning Thai politicians) it's like 2 seriously spoiled children in a big sand box dominating it so that no one else can use it..

It's said that Yinglucks violation revolves around her cooking and serving some noodle soup to constituents and that being a potential vote buying scheme? Puleeeeeease!!! Could they be any more trivial and childish??? I've no dog in this fight, I just want it all to go away until I can make my way out of here permanently and safely with my family and then all hell can break loose FAIC...

Yingluck's cooking charges have been dismissed.

She is currently not endorsed because of the "Thaksin thinks. Pheu Thai does" slogan. But I'm not sure why that is. It should be a charge leveled against the executives, which she isn't.

]

Yes he has, and yes he was, and yes there are, but not 1 minute served, still heavily involved in politics, and unlikely to ever face further charges.

Thanks, the point being made was in the western world, he would, but actually as you say..................just an oversight I'm sure......

]

Thanks, the point being made was in the western world, he would, but actually as you say..................just an oversight I'm sure......

A very convenient oversight.

what a surprise , UDD Red terrorists threatening again, The only ones who match their foulness are the morons who vote for them. Jatuporn gets approved as Mp and it will be another sewer depth for the Thai political and legal process.

If they won thier seats in a fair and democratic election then they should sit. It's like the yellow shirts saying yeah, yeah, you won the election and the vast majority of the people want you to govern but go home. We yellow shirts were born to govern and will govern by any means. It is our god given rite to be in charge.