Ratio Of None Thai Men To Women Here?

Richb2004v2

Yes I have made friends with a lot of them. Mostly around my age, 30.

Most of them are great, but some of them are really really jealous of Thai girls, its interesting listening to some of them when they are drunk and slagging of Thai woman. Of course this is a minority I think, but definitely not uncommon.

What are they doing here and how long have they been here? I guess you are in Bangkok.

All the ones I know work here, most of them for the UN.

Yes I live in Bangkok, most of them really enjoy it here and the longest has been here for 4 years.

Yes I have made friends with a lot of them. Mostly around my age, 30.

Most of them are great, but some of them are really really jealous of Thai girls, its interesting listening to some of them when they are drunk and slagging of Thai woman. Of course this is a minority I think, but definitely not uncommon.

What do they find objectionable about Thai women? Staying of course within the bounds of good taste.

That's nice. I know some Thai women that are extremely jealous of non-Thai women, and they slag them off even without being drunk.

That didn't take long!

That's nice. I know some Thai women that are extremely jealous of non-Thai women, and they slag them off even without being drunk.

Me thinks you think too highly of Western men in Thailand.

Don't flatter yourself boys.

biggrin.gif

^ I'm pretty attractive, and apparently others think so too

biggrin.gif And there's nothing wrong with that.

It's just silly to think that the only reason that Western women could be jealous of Thai women is due to Western men. I mean really, get over yourselves. rolleyes.gif

Probably that most Western men find them so attractive. :ermm:

Me thinks you think too highly of Western men in Thailand.

Don't flatter yourself boys.

I was replying to this statement and said nothing negative about Western women or flattering about Westen men. No need to be defensive.

Most of them are great, but some of them are really really jealous of Thai girls...

Edited by Ulysses G.

Interestingly, in thailand I rarely see women in relationships with thai men whereas in bali it is a far more common occurrence to see western women in relationships with balinese men. Also, in bali far more western couples settle here in retirement, I see very little of this in thailand either.

I was replying to this statement and said nothing negative about Western women or flattering about Westen men. No need to be defensive.

Um, yah, I know that. Hence why I replied with what I did. dry.gif

You said that Western woman were probably jealous of Thai girls because Western men find them (Thai girls) attractive. So yah, don't flatter yourself.

^Is that not what you meant?

It's just silly to think that the only reason that Western women could be jealous of Thai women is due to Western men. I mean really, get over yourselves. rolleyes.gif

Excellent post.

I know several Western women and most of them laugh at foreign men who go with the local girlies.

You said that Western woman were probably jealous of Thai girls because Western men find them (Thai girls) attractive. So yah, don't flatter yourself.

^Is that not what you meant?

Why is it flattering themselves?

If the shoe was on the other foot, I'm sure the males would be bitter.

You said that Western woman were probably jealous of Thai girls because Western men find them (Thai girls) attractive.

Why else would Western women be "jealous of Thai girls"? :blink:

I haven't come across any, although I only know a handful of Thai girls as friends.

Excellent post.

I know several Western women and most of them laugh at foreign men who go with the local girlies.

Why on earth would they do that ? :blink:

Getting back to the original question (even though its far less entertaining :lol:), a few couples retire here and remain happily married.

Most retired couples (in my experience) separate fairly quickly once the husband realises he is incredibly attractive to far younger, local women.

However, more often than not (again, in my experience) the wife stays here for whatever reasons.

A tiny number of young Western women come here and stay here, compared to men. Additionally, a fair number of older men come here after a bad divorce - not something many Western women are likely to even think about as Thailand is not known as a wonderful place for women.

Consequently, there are FAR fewer Western women than men that remain here. I'd be suprised if its even 1% Western women to 99% Western men.

Getting back to the original question (even though its far less entertaining :lol:), a few couples retire here and remain happily married.

Most retired couples (in my experience) separate fairly quickly once the husband realises he is incredibly attractive to far younger, local women.

However, more often than not (again, in my experience) the wife stays here for whatever reasons.

A tiny number of young Western women come here and stay here, compared to men. Additionally, a fair number of older men come here after a bad divorce - not something many Western women are likely to even think about as Thailand is not known as a wonderful place for women.

Consequently, there are FAR fewer Western women than men that remain here. I'd be suprised if its even 1% Western women to 99% Western men.

Forum respondents have always hovered around 10% women 90% men. I'm not saying its indicative of Thailand as a whole as I don't think so and, in my experience, think the numbers are higher for women than that.

Forum respondents have always hovered around 10% women 90% men. I'm not saying its indicative of Thailand as a whole as I don't think so and, in my experience, think the numbers are higher for women than that.

90% of all person on internet who claim to be women are middle age men.

(I know 3 pretend women on this forum)

This make F1 correct!

Edited by OlafStapleton

Quite a few retired in Phuket with their farang wives, myself included.

And few of them have buggered of with a Thai girl.

They seem to prefer a relationship rather than a trophy, although the trophy comment doesn't apply to all, just most.

Quite a few retired in Phuket with their farang wives, myself included.

And few of them have buggered of with a Thai girl.

They seem to prefer a relationship rather than a trophy, although the trophy comment doesn't apply to all, just most.

Living on Phuket, do you honestly think you see more than 1 Western female to 99 Western men that actually live here?