Ratio Of None Thai Men To Women Here?

Richb2004v2

Interestingly, in thailand I rarely see women in relationships with thai men whereas in bali it is a far more common occurrence to see western women in relationships with balinese men. Also, in bali far more western couples settle here in retirement, I see very little of this in thailand either.

Saw a pretty cute jap girl married with a thai man yesterday..

But then again he makes good money and is probably educated and coherent in other languages than thai which you will find rare here unlike in bali.

Imo its just that a lot of farangs who come to thailand expect a woman not to speak but to cook and have sex, even those not looking for a bargirl.(may it be from their lack of personality or their knowledge that they cant get any better.. or just born a womanizer)

Then its easy to find someone. I doubt most western woman who come here would be interested in getting only that from a thai male, at least not for more than a small holiday.

Edited by seriouseats

Off topic derogatory generalizations removed. Lets keep it to the topic at hand instead of slag off everyone possible, including western men, western women, Thai men and Thai women.

None of my friends who are girls come on to Thaivisa forum and post, they have read the forums before but dont like it, they only come here and read when they want some information.

Plus I doubt many farang girls would want to go to a Thaivisa forum party lol

Getting back to the original question (even though its far less entertaining :lol:), a few couples retire here and remain happily married.

Most retired couples (in my experience) separate fairly quickly once the husband realises he is incredibly attractive to far younger, local women.

However, more often than not (again, in my experience) the wife stays here for whatever reasons.

A tiny number of young Western women come here and stay here, compared to men. Additionally, a fair number of older men come here after a bad divorce - not something many Western women are likely to even think about as Thailand is not known as a wonderful place for women.

Consequently, there are FAR fewer Western women than men that remain here. I'd be suprised if its even 1% Western women to 99% Western men.

I agree with that. Although I said I'd seen a few older women that look like retirees I guess the number is actually about 4 or 5. The number of men I've seen is probably about 4000.

ugh. wondering if to post or not......

not all of us married educated guys. not all of us live in thailand. apparently, here in israel we are a rare breed but there are more and more mixed farang woman/thai man couples here then there used to be partially because i think the guys coming over to work are more educated then in the past, a bit more 'citified' then in the past, facebook/computers/more well kept physique then the old timer types.

as for the money thing: hubby was recently asked for 4000 NIS (his monthly salary) by his big brother for starting some kind of franchised fish delivery enterprise where u have to buy your own vehicle. i asked the proper questions (what is the business plan, how much is big brother supposed to fork out, how much will he pay the actual worker, how much is he expected to make from this venture,and how will he ever pay us back if we are in israel. sending baht to israel is a waste of money, etc.) i never said: dont give BB the money. after all , hubby is the one slaving away in the fields in the heat and dust taking care of vineyards, so although he helps support me and mine, its definately his call . was sent off to the bank to draw out the money (no ATM for us). while in line, received quick call: only 1500 NIS and send to mom. when i enquired as to why, the answer was... let her make the decision as to whom gets money, and BB (who has a real decent monthly salaried job) can save rather then waste his money on other pursuits.

then hubby went out and bought me a very belated birthday present of his choosing (silver necklace, in spite of him complaining for the past five years that silver is ugly, and only thai gold is worth anything)...

he stil goes out and gets drunk with the boys (thai workers in the area) once a week, but every other friday (the most important day of the israeli week) we do a 'family' event. one saturday a month is thai oriented. one saturday is 'my friend' oriented. the others are 'free style'..

the other two weeks, its thai guy stuff (with or without me).

i wont give them away, but know of several other farang women /thai men that were on the forum but mostly dont come on, dont live in thailand or do.... but they dont seem to need to 'let it all hang out' like themales do......

probably wasted my time answering anyhow...

bina

israel

Interestingly, in thailand I rarely see women in relationships with thai men whereas in bali it is a far more common occurrence to see western women in relationships with balinese men. Also, in bali far more western couples settle here in retirement, I see very little of this in thailand either.

Just interested, but would the western women be in a real relationship with the Balinese men, or is it p4p, like in the Carribean?

I have never seen such in Thailand, that I know of.

Just interested, but would the western women be in a real relationship with the Balinese men, or is it p4p, like in the Carribean?

I have never seen such in Thailand, that I know of.

I have been to Bali a few times and a lot of Australian women go there and marry a Balinese and settle down there. Not the rate of Thai men here, but it does happen much more in Bali than Thailand for Western Woman. I think its the exotic look or something.

its quite simple really western men come to thailand , western women go to turkey. remember going on holiday to turkey once and all the cellulite being thrown about was putting me off my beer . quite comparable to seeing an old dude with a young wife you sit there thinking what the hell do they see in each other? water always finds its level

Ratio will change depending where you hang out or live.

Outside of the obviously male dominated areas with large amount of bar girls, the ratio is pretty balanced.

You wouldnt expect to see a lot of women in other red light areas (that are not working) so why should Thailand be any different ?

As for being jealous, the western women I know here are confident and mix well with Thais of all social circles.

Nickname most have for the poor new fellas who arive and fall in love with a young lady is suddlys. As they are suddenly buying younger clothes, suddenly dying there hair, suddenly staying out all night and suddenly feel very handsome.

Not everyone moves here to find a relationship or go on a shagfest.

Get out of those circles, and you will see there are alot of non Thai women living in Thailand.