Google+ Invitation From Thaivisa

george

What is google + ?

Google + is googles version of facebook.. a social network designed to take their cut of the traffic on social networks.

This is their third attempt at making a social network.

Oops,clicked on the link already just to find out that it's a social network.Hope i still can cancel since I hate that kind of rubbish.

What is google + ?

Google + is googles version of facebook.. a social network designed to take their cut of the traffic on social networks.

This is their third attempt at making a social network.

Oh Thank you for the info, I already have Facebook and Tweeter, that's more than enough for me!

I already have Google + ....how do I add you to my circle?

General rule with anything new in online communication stuff is to ask a 10 year old. ;-)

:cheesy: Aint that the truth. Way back when, I always had to ask the children how to set the clock on the VCR

Remember , "The Stasi, The Gestapo, The Vigilantes, The Lynch Mobs, The Kheemer Rouge " etc. ?

It used to be , "Walls have ears," now it's " Forums have eyes, ears and addresses and hackable records !!

Names to faces can be very useful in times of stress for a multitude of reasons .Sadly many of those reasons would not be good for ones health,

Google+ Wouldn't touch it with yours let alone mine !!!!

Thanks for the invite...have to say that i'm not too impressed with Google + after logging though.

Don't really see how it's going to compete with facebook? I mean Picasa is much better than facebooks photo system, but you could already use Picasa without having Google +...

Or am i missing something; seems very slim on the features?

Thanks for the invite...have to say that i'm not too impressed with Google + after logging though.

Don't really see how it's going to compete with facebook? I mean Picasa is much better than facebooks photo system, but you could already use Picasa without having Google +...

Or am i missing something; seems very slim on the features?

Did you try the group video chat? Or the youtube sharing feature?

I saw the video chat ("Hang outs" right?) not really my thing, and can't you already do this on Skype or MSN? Didn't see any youtube sharing featured?

Just seems a bit flat to me, no wow factor.

(When entering my profile details it didn't even have my University or High school in the database)

Edited by dave111223

I saw the video chat ("Hang outs" right?) not really my thing, and can't you already do this on Skype or MSN? Didn't see any youtube sharing featured?

Just seems a bit flat to me, no wow factor.

(When entering my profile details it didn't even have my University or High school in the database)

Yes you can video chat on skype but Hangout allows group chat. You can only do that with a paid membership on skype. Google+ feels flat probably because of the lack of friends you have right now. Cast your mind back to when you first opened facebook. It was boring as hell.

% minutes messing around with circles and how flexible they are was enough to make me close my FB account for good.

I already have Google + ....how do I add you to my circle?

General rule with anything new in online communication stuff is to ask a 10 year old. ;-)

:cheesy: Aint that the truth. Way back when, I always had to ask the children how to set the clock on the VCR

Your VCR had a clock.... my first one was made by Ferguson, a Video Star, piano sized keys made from ivory (ok, that's a lie)

Kids today eh, there was thirteen of us living in a shoe box in't middle of road.

Cast your mind back to when you first opened facebook. It was boring as hell.

I've never been on or in Facebook, precisely because it is boring. The whole notion of "social networking" is intrinsically grotesque. Superficial ephemera.

What can one say about large groups of people with little or nothing in common, few of whom know each other, yet who call themselves "friends"? They dont even qualify as acquaintances.

As for doing "group video", isnt that one of those chat things that involves men displaying their genitals? The hours must just fly by.

I've never been on or in Facebook, precisely because it is boring. The whole notion of "social networking" is intrinsically grotesque. Superficial ephemera.

What can one say about large groups of people with little or nothing in common, few of whom know each other, yet who call themselves "friends"? They dont even qualify as acquaintances.

You'll be pleased to note that Google+ agrees with you. It already comes up with specific contact categories set up, one of them indeed 'acquaintances'.

And of course also on Facebook, nobody is forcing you to clock up insane amounts of 'friends' who you don't really know. Good advice on Facebook too would be to stick to people you know. Then it all becomes a lot more relevant.

Note that Facebook also includes functionality to categorize your contacts, it's called 'Lists'. However Google has done a much better job of it. Google calls it 'circles', much like a circle in real life, where not everyone you know is part of the same circle.

All I needed to do was set up a specific circle for 'hookers' and I was good to go. (Though to be honest most hookers are only on Facebook, still.)

You'll be pleased to note that Google+ agrees with you. It already comes up with specific contact categories set up, one of them indeed 'acquaintances'.

And of course also on Facebook, nobody is forcing you to clock up insane amounts of 'friends' who you don't really know. Good advice on Facebook too would be to stick to people you know. Then it all becomes a lot more relevant.

Note that Facebook also includes functionality to categorize your contacts, it's called 'Lists'. However Google has done a much better job of it. Google calls it 'circles', much like a circle in real life, where not everyone you know is part of the same circle.

All I needed to do was set up a specific circle for 'hookers' and I was good to go. (Though to be honest most hookers are only on Facebook, still.)

The stats on Google+ show a 75% male membership profile. Not sure that's the kind of circle you would be looking for Winnie - might interest JT though. ;)