Eyelash Tinting - Where In Bkk?

Sheryl

Hi Ladies, I'm looking for someplace to do my eyelash tinting preferrably either low Sukhumvit area or near Victory monument. near I has hoped to do it on a recent trip to Phnom Penh but my usual shop had closed.

On a related note, in PP there are some Korean bueauty shops offering a semi-permanent eyeliner, supposedly lasts about a year (with one touch-up along the way). Anyone heard of this here and know what it entails?

The semi permanent eyeliner is like having a tattoo on your eye lid - not something I'd want to risk trying!

A friend of mine had her eyebrows done a few years ago, with the same method and looked like she had two blacks eyes for a week!

No, I don't think it is the tattoo as that would last much longer. It is some type of dye that lasts only about 6 months. But never mind that, I'll settle for jsut my eyelash tint.

In the past I've gone to Panipa but locations isn't convenient. I alswo used to get it doen in Phnom Penh but the salon in question up and vanished.

Sbk, it's really not at all bad, no worse than having someone put mascara on you...

Oh well I guess I am just doomed to make my annual visit back to farang land with untinted eyelashes .... :blink:

• 1 month later...

Just catching up and found this one - I got mine done in a hair/beauty salon on Sukhumvit - can't remember the soi exactly, but 33 is ringing a bell for some reason. I think there are several places doing it, just ask at beauty salons. Be prepared to ask at a lot and get some funny looks. They only reason I got mine done was because I'd left my DIY stuff at home. It's not difficult to do yourself, you can probably get it from ebay or ask a friend to go into a shop and buy it and send it to you. Lasts for about 2-3 months (natural cycle of eyelash drop-out regrow). I have tattooed eye-liner and it looks odd if I don't wear mascara, but found this to be just as good. Completely safe, I've been doing my own for about 5 years. I perm my own eyelashes too, but that's a bit more dangerous. Both perm and tint done in salon are no cheaper here than back home, and here they won't tint your bottom lashes for some reason.

Hope it helps

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...