No Booze Sales Friday And Saturday - Asarnha Bucha Day

george

I've been away for four days and just returned to see this topic.

Can someone tell me when the ban on alcohol is????????

I have been to Pattaya with a group of about 30 people. All the restaurants we visited served alcohol quite openly and we saw several drunk Thai people.

The only places I went to that didn't serve alcohol were Family Mart and SevenEleven.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ban is from August 1st until September 15th. After that the ban only applies to hard alcohol until October 1st. What I find amazing about this ban is that they are now saying that not only can you not buy alcohol but you cannot even consume it. It would be one thing if the cops looked away as they usually do but the government is going to be posting police in all the tourist areas with breathalizers and urine testers along with immigration vans standing by to pick up foreign violators to be immediately detained for deportation. It is one thing to crack down like this but another to target foreigners so harshly when a Thai will only get slapped with a 10,000 baht fine if caught having consumed alcohol. If you read this far then I hope you know I am pulling your leg. The sales ban is already over and was only for Friday night and Saturday.

The ban is from August 1st until September 15th. After that the ban only applies to hard alcohol until October 1st. What I find amazing about this ban is that they are now saying that not only can you not buy alcohol but you cannot even consume it. It would be one thing if the cops looked away as they usually do but the government is going to be posting police in all the tourist areas with breathalizers and urine testers along with immigration vans standing by to pick up foreign violators to be immediately detained for deportation. It is one thing to crack down like this but another to target foreigners so harshly when a Thai will only get slapped with a 10,000 baht fine if caught having consumed alcohol. If you read this far then I hope you know I am pulling your leg. The sales ban is already over and was only for Friday night and Saturday.

haha Yes, I know. I was being sarcastic too.

Yes, all the bars and restaurants frequented by foreign tourists were sticking strictly to the ban. I saw many guys drinking coke and ice tea at the bars but when I went to the restaurants that are well known for Thai people they were serving all types of alcohol. I saw beer every lunch time and every evening.

It does seem a bit strange that the law is upheld in areas where tourists (who are not Buddhists) go and not in the areas where Thai people eat.