Porsche In Central

Valentine

If any of you are interested there is a display of some top end cars in Central Festival including a 4 door Porsche, there is also the 2 door version. I did not check the price as my finances are limited to pickups but good to dream.

Just went to central where are these cars?

They were there yesterday in the grand concourse next to the coffee shop.

you will probably find they are owned by ..AUTO EXPRESS they are the dealers who import them...they are on the airport road left hand side next to RIDE THAILAND...they have many more models there including ..AUDI,MERCEDSE,BMW MINIS,ROLLS ROYCE ETC..

Auto express Phuket are overly expensive.

The SLS is listed at 24 million but can be had for same spec in Bkk for around 18 million.

If anyone is in the market for a supercar, don't buy in Phuket.

The SLS is listed at 24 million but can be had for same spec in Bkk for around 18 million.

I doubt I could afford 4 wheels let alone the car lol

When you only sell a few cars a year, you need to make sure you have a nice margin on each one.

24 million baht cars sold at 18 million baht usually will have a later issue with revenue department :rolleyes:

24 million baht cars sold at 18 million baht usually will have a later issue with revenue department :rolleyes:

Not true.

All grey market cars need to clear customs and pay duties before dealers can take delivery and place the car in the showroom, not the other way around.

If there are irregularities with the car, it's caught there or someone is paid off (revenue department) and the car is released.

Do you really believe the revenue department would investigate their own dirty deeds.?ermm.gif

There are tricks to lowering taxes.

I seen Porsche coupes registered as 7 seaters, as long as the horsepower and engine capacity is correct it will be fine but it's common now that they tear down new cars and import them as parts and then reassemble the car here and register it, that's the risky purchase so you gotta be on the look out when inspecting the car but it's quite easy to spot.

Not true.

All grey market cars need to clear customs and pay duties before dealers can take delivery and place the car in the showroom, not the other way around.

If there are irregularities with the car, it's caught there or someone is paid off (revenue department) and the car is released.

Do you really believe the revenue department would investigate their own dirty deeds.?ermm.gif

I seen Porsche coupes registered as 7 seaters, as long as the horsepower and engine capacity is correct it will be fine but it's common now that they tear down new cars and import them as parts and then reassemble the car here and register it, that's the risky purchase so you gotta be on the look out when inspecting the car but it's quite easy to spot.

disagree

as an owner of a grey market car importer/exporter/dealer for 2 decades, I know how its done

When importduties and thus excise taxe have been set to low, TH revenue follows car and existing owner until it is settled

There is no discount on either duty or excice for registering as 7 seater.

The cars we talk about here all have hp above 220 and engine above 3000cc, thus all are subject of same exciceatax (50%) except hybrids. To sell cheap, value is set low, reducing duty thus excicetax. As singleaproved vehicles, tax must be dispalyed in reg book age 18, inspected more and more frequently at road blocks and by revenue visits to garages and homes

Car can be picked apart prior to imort and then assembled again in TH, but I would in no way call that the same car. Same brand and model, no way same quality. All visible in reg book page 4 and page18, and in tax docs, and of course by inspecting car itself

Not true.

disagree

as an owner of a grey market car importer/exporter/dealer for 2 decades, I know how its done

When importduties and thus excise taxe have been set to low, TH revenue follows car and existing owner until it is settled

There is no discount on either duty or excice for registering as 7 seater.

The cars we talk about here all have hp above 220 and engine above 3000cc, thus all are subject of same exciceatax (50%) except hybrids. To sell cheap, value is set low, reducing duty thus excicetax. As singleaproved vehicles, tax must be dispalyed in reg book age 18, inspected more and more frequently at road blocks and by revenue visits to garages and homes

Car can be picked apart prior to imort and then assembled again in TH, but I would in no way call that the same car. Same brand and model, no way same quality. All visible in reg book page 4 and page18, and in tax docs, and of course by inspecting car itself

i agree...yhe rules now regarding importing cars are more stricter,even motorbikes..,import duty has to be paid before the car can be sold,,if not the cars can be taken by the authirities untill duty is paid,if not they are sold at auction