Obtaining A Nanny

leo12345

I have had 4 nannies come into our family and have had problems with them all.

2 didn't want to care for our son and only clean, 1 came and missed her partner and 1 cared for our son but had very bad hygeine.

When we first intervied them they all checked out fine and were ok.

Now when I search for a nanny they are all taken and all at very high prices compared to before.

We contact agencies but thy want a finding fee and do not guarantee anything or return money if the nanny does not work out.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

Assuming live in, that really isn't going to get anyone to stick.

Yes, there are people out there who may have been lucky at that or lower price points, but I know many who are paying lots more than that. I would suggest 10 / 11k would get you the result you are looking for. For the sake of paying an extra 3k a month (which is USD3 per day more than you are paying now) isn't a great sum when you consider that she will be responsible for your child.

Just an opinion, don't shoot me down !

Edited by sbergin

I am not surprised. We have a Filipino Nanny and pay her 13K per month plus Bonus / Visa Fee's. She enjoys many other benefits, such a transportation allowance etc. She is not a live in and does not work weekends either. She is highly skilled and speaks a excellent english plus does she have tons of experience and always goes the extra mile to make our son happy. He is 4 years old now and learned a lot from her (being very polite etc). I can highly recommend, if you got the funds, to go for a Filipino nanny.

I think that 1/2 your problem is your attitude, as witnessed by your header "Obtaining" a Nanny.This is a rather derogatory manner in which to address your attempt in "Hiring" a Nanny.

"You Reap What You Sow"

(Viz. One 'obtains' a Visa or a Degree. 'Obtain' is associated with an 'Object' not a 'Person' and most certainly not a person who would/could/should be very influential in the shaping of one's child !)

If you are not an English native speaker; please beware -and if you ARE; you should be ashamed of yourself.

:jap:

Edited by jaapfries

I think that 1/2 your problem is your attitude, as witnessed by your header "Obtaining" a Nanny.This is a rather derogatory manner in which to address your attempt in "Hiring" a Nanny.

"You Reap What You Sow"

(Viz. One 'obtains' a Visa or a Degree. 'Obtain' is associated with an 'Object' not a 'Person' and most certainly not a person who would/could/should be very influential in the shaping of one's child !)

If you are not an English native speaker; please beware -and if you ARE; you should be ashamed of yourself.

:jap:

PARDON MY ENGLISH YOUR MAJESTY I BOW MY HEAD IN SHAME TO YOU!!!

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK THEN I SUGGEST YOU GO FIND SOMEBODY OR ANOTHER FORUM TO CAST YOUR NEGATIVE ATTITUDE.

I am looking only for assistance in how to find the right person, I did not know this is the human rights red cross website.

I disagree with the other posters here. I have tried paying our nanny anywhere from 5500 baht to 14,000 baht per month. In my experience, salary makes no difference. From talking with others, if you find the right person, they stay. You probably need to give a minimum of 7000 baht per month and at least 1 day off a week for an 8-10 hour working day. Everyone needs a break after all. It gives them something to look forward to. Anything becomes drudgery if you expect them to do it 24/7.

Beyond that, more money doesn't help. Either she likes taking care of the children or she doesn't. If she does, she stays. If she doesn't, she's going after a few months anyway.

You just have to keep trying. We've been through 6 so far. Longest one lasted 5 months. We have one right now I'm hopeful about.