Koh Samet Doable In 1 Day Trip?

bkk1970

Hi Pattaya residents,

Would you tell me if there are daytrip tours that do Pattaya/Koh Samet?I'm keen to visit the island just for the day and get back to Pattaya in the evening.What are the prices for the day trip?Other than that,do you think I can do it on my own?If so,what beaches would you recommend me to visit on Koh Samet?

Many thanks.

Hi Pattaya residents,

Would you tell me if there are daytrip tours that do Pattaya/Koh Samet?I'm keen to visit the island just for the day and get back to Pattaya in the evening.What are the prices for the day trip?Other than that,do you think I can do it on my own?If so,what beaches would you recommend me to visit on Koh Samet?

Many thanks.

1 day trip u must be tired from travel ,more than fun .. (for sure you can do by your own)

Bus from Patter to Pan Pae should be 1-1.30 hrs

boat from peir to koh samet = 30-45 mins

- u have to add the time that the boat wait for other passenger till full thier quata

(boat trip From Ban Pae To Ko Samet every day since 06:00 - 17:00.)

anyhow .. Ao Pai-Silversand beach is ok (Quiet in day time and fun with party in night time) ..

Haad Sai Kaew is too much people and chaos

other beach , might too far for 1 day trip

have fun

Bambi

Edited by BambinA

If you go to Malibu Travel halfway down Soi Diana Inn they own the Malibu Resort (Von Deun beach) on Samet............they also have their own ferry and mini buses that do the trip, it used to be 350 baht/person return including ferry (thats going back a couple of years though).

They/ll take you and bring you back in one day.............they leave Pattaya at something like 7.30am with arrival on the Island at approx 11am...........however they leave the Island at 3pm for a 6pm (approx) arrival back in Pattaya, so you/d only have 4 hours or so on the Island itself.

One little drawback possibly is that they take 9 people on a mini bus so if you are first to be picked up at your hotel you could spend the next 30 mins travelling round Pattaya picking your travelling companions up.

Edit........heres all the info for you (i wasnt far out with the prices/times)

http://www.malibu-samet.com/malibu.htm

Although the sites says last bus back is 5.15pm dont forget youve got to get to Ban Phe on the ferry first so your probably looking at 3.30-4pm departure from Samed itself.

Edited by thaiflyer1

Ko Samed is definitely doable in a day. I make a Sunday trip from Bangkok once in a while. Fortunately I have a car, so I am not constrained for time by a tour bus. I leave Bangkok early, and take the last boat off the island at 5 PM.

If you have the time, I'd definitely recommend spending a night there (or two). Accommodations are cheap and easily available as long as it is not a Thai holiday or long weekend. I was there last weekend, and stayed 2 days. The beaches are great... so different from Pattaya / Jomtien with nice clean white sand, and the water was so clear that I could see the bottom when the water was up to my chin.

Many restaurants set up for dinner on the beach- very pleasant and relaxing to enjoy a good dinner under the stars.

post-18167-1129992961_thumb.jpg

post-18167-1129993316_thumb.jpg

post-18167-1129993038_thumb.jpg

Edited by bino

There is also the more expensive option of taking a taxi between Pattaya and Ban Phe. Each trip costs around 1000 baht, although you might be able to negotiate a cheaper price. It is a lot more comfortable and quicker than taking the minibus.

If you arrive at Ban Phe in time for the first ferry you should have ample time to tour the island in a day. Once you arrive in Samed, there will be plenty of touts offering you various tours etc..

I would also recommend staying overnight. The beach has a relaxed atmosphere at sunset as all the bars and restaurants start to light-up.

Just to echo whats been said here, it can be done in a day but it will be a bit of a dash if you haven't got your own wheels. With an early start though you can have a good few hours there, and still be in time for the last ferry back to the mainland.

One way to avoid paying the 200B entry fee is to walk from Na Dan and cut through the temple onto the far end of Had Sai Kaew. I usually never mind paying as its a low class backpacker trick not to pay but if you're in a party it may run to quite a bit so its worth thinking about.

One way to avoid paying the 200B entry fee is to walk from Na Dan and cut through the temple onto the far end of Had Sai Kaew. I usually never mind paying as its a low class backpacker trick not to pay but if you're in a party it may run to quite a bit so its worth thinking about.

If you're only on a day trip, and don't have any overnight sized bags with you, you can usually get away with walking through the gate like someone who is staying there / has already paid, and walked out to the shops. The park guys typically count on the songteaws with new arrivals to stop.

Also- if you are in a group, and going to stay / have baggage, you can hire a speedboat in Ban Phe for the trip across to the island for 800 THB. They will drop you on the beach in front of your resort.

Also, if you have any Thai ID (driver's licence, etc), show it to the gate guys, and ask for the Thai price. Works for me 90% of the time.

I suppose visiting Koh Samet only in the daytime is one way of not having your arms and legs sucked dry of blood by those vulture size mosquitos, but if you don't stay overnight you will miss out on having bacon and eggs on the beach as the sun rises.

I'd rather stay overnight. :o