Chicken Bologna

Bought some chicken bologna from Tesco, as i do most weeks, got it home and it was covered in mold, bright green clumps of mold all the way through the slices.

Brought it back to Tesco and they claim that it was "Chicken with Spring Onions". Now i know they have plain chicken, or chicken with chili peppers, but has anyone ever seen chicken with spring onions at Tesco?

This looked nothing like spring onions, it was clearly mold, but it was just stunned that they came up with this spring onion story (oh and they no longer had any of this "chicken with spring onions" left in stock...

They even said there saw that it had "spring onions" when they cut it up and gave it to me!

Some Italian is no doubt rolling in his grave at the mere thought of chicken bologna. :) Makes me want to VOMIT!

Vomiting is most probably your saving grace.More please.Is it the only thing you have got going for you?, keep it going ,while we enjoy our chicken bologna. We had a German butcher in Oz, Made the most superb chicken bologna.That was over 20 years ago

Some Italian is no doubt rolling in his grave at the mere thought of chicken bologna. :) Makes me want to VOMIT!

Vomiting is most probably your saving grace.More please.Is it the only thing you have got going for you?, keep it going ,while we enjoy our chicken bologna. We had a German butcher in Oz, Made the most superb chicken bologna.That was over 20 years ago

I am making coq au vin today with fish. If you want some, please let me know. :) Enjoy the chicken bologna.

I am making coq au vin today with fish. If you want some, please let me know. :) Enjoy the chicken bologna.

I would, if only I could buy it. You keep on enjoying vomiting ,till death bring you release

I would, if only I could buy it. You keep on enjoying vomiting ,till death bring you release

You want me to die because I do not like chicken bologna. I think you have a serious mental problem.

if it's the same cold meat i get at the deli ( gai tamada ) it is the absolute bomb (delicious) and (just so u know) does NOT taste like "regular" bologna

i will continue to get the "regular" stuff , though (i.e., w/ out spring onion)

Edited by jackdawson

• 2 weeks later...

hope no one get offended if i ask "what is chicken bologna"... :whistling:

I know there is a huge literature on italian names given to not-real-italian-food... but chicken bologna is out also of my (large) understanding...

In Italy to cook meat "bolognese style" it mean something filled with cheese and ham (sliced), panfried, drop of white wine aand at least some tomato sauce... but is old fashioned coocking.

Is it something like this?

ciocco

I know there is a huge literature on italian names given to not-real-italian-food... but chicken bologna is out also of my (large) understanding...

In Italy to cook meat "bolognese style" it mean something filled with cheese and ham (sliced), panfried, drop of white wine aand at least some tomato sauce... but is old fashioned coocking.

ciocco

The subject is the deli meat, not a regional style of cooking..

It is bologna made of chicken instead of beef or pork and IMHO tastes pretty much the same - it is usually a cheap coldcut, lunch meat.

Run of the mill everyday bologna is made of beef, pork, chicken & turkey and cereal fillers.

Beef bologna is made of beef and cereal fillers of course.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110309120640AA4xE86

Edited by Ulysses G.

It is bologna made of chicken instead of beef or pork and IMHO tastes pretty much the same - it is usually a cheap coldcut, lunch meat.

Run of the mill everyday bologna is made of beef, pork, chicken & turkey and cereal fillers.

Beef bologna is made of beef and cereal fillers of course.

http://answers.yahoo...09120640AA4xE86

Ok, i seen also on wikipedia... a kind of imitation of the Italian Mortadella...

Thank you,

Ciocco

Edited by Ciocco

ciocco

The subject is the deli meat, not a regional style of cooking..

If i were from London may be reading "Chicken London" i'll be little curious if in my vocabulary this word have no meaning...

And also not being from Bologna (but not so far) this make me curious... i wasn't looking for recipes...

But thank you for to show me the way :jap:

Ciocco