Ext Of Stay With Non-Imm B

Have been advised that I can not now get an extension of stay on my new Non-imm B multi entry visa (foreign issued) I must leave the country every 90 days, or change the visa over to a Thai issued one - which will allow me to process the ext of stays without leaving the country. (already have a work permit) In the past I was able to get the extensions of stay without leaving the country - is this is a recent thing or I have missed something? thanks for your help!

If you can get an extension of stay based on your work depends on several factors. However, the reason you were told is nonsense. (You can't even get a visa in Thaland). With a valid non-B you can ask for an extension of stay for 1 year during the last 30 days of any 90 day entry. You will need a work permit, but depending on your job you might also need a minimum salary and the company itself need to show tax documents over the last 2 years.

All visas for Thailand are Thai issued so not sure what you are saying. If you qualify for extension of stay it does not matter what Consulate issued the visa.

If you are talking about an immigration issued non immigrant visa entry (conversion or issue in place of visa exempt) that is only done for tourist visas/visa exempt entry. Your non immigrant B visa allows work permit to be issued and for one year extensions of stay if you qualify.

You you obtained work paperwork and made application at Immigration for one year extension of stay? As long as you are within the last 30 days of current permitted to stay it should be processed if meeting normal requirements.

All visas for Thailand are Thai issued so not sure what you are saying. If you qualify for extension of stay it does not matter what Consulate issued the visa.

If you are talking about an immigration issued non immigrant visa entry (conversion or issue in place of visa exempt) that is only done for tourist visas/visa exempt entry. Your non immigrant B visa allows work permit to be issued and for one year extensions of stay if you qualify.

You you obtained work paperwork and made application at Immigration for one year extension of stay? As long as you are within the last 30 days of current permitted to stay it should be processed if meeting normal requirements.

Yes, my Non-imm B was issued by an overseas Thai Consulate (all Thai consulates are overseas aren't they!)

In the past had no problem getting the 90 day extensions with the necessary paperwork & visit to immigration...but never applied for the 1 year extension... i think there was some requirement holding me back.

This time around - a new employer, so I suggested they use sunbelt to process the work permit, no problems very fast & efficient but then when I asked them to process the extension of stay - well they were very certain that I could not do it with my I quote " foreign issued non-imm B visa" have to cancel it & appy for a new visa issued in Thailand. ..I didn't even know they issued Non-imm visa in Thailand...but this is sunbelt so they should know what they are talking about...but I'm reluctant to cancel a perfectly legit visa & fork out more money unless I really must do so. ..not to mention the time wasted,

anyway, I appreciate your quick response!

If you can get an extension of stay based on your work depends on several factors. However, the reason you were told is nonsense. (You can't even get a visa in Thaland). With a valid non-B you can ask for an extension of stay for 1 year during the last 30 days of any 90 day entry. You will need a work permit, but depending on your job you might also need a minimum salary and the company itself need to show tax documents over the last 2 years.

Mario that was exactly my belief until yesterday, but I am dealing with sunbelt so I presume they know what they are talking about.

Where and on what basis were you getting 90 day extensions of stay previously? Normal work extension of stay is one year.

Yes, my Non-imm B was issued by an overseas Thai Consulate (all Thai consulates are overseas aren't they!)

You were the person making the point of visa being "foreign issued". I was trying to point out that is normal for any non immigrant B visa.

Mario that was exactly my belief until yesterday, but I am dealing with sunbelt so I presume they know what they are talking about.

Without knowing the case, I can only surmise but can come up with this scenario:

The member is married to a Thai national and his company has been open less then two years. He cannot get an extension of stay based on business as he does not meet all the criteria required.

He can, however, meet the criteria of extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai national. They need to convert the non 'b" to a non "O' and then apply for the extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai national by showing with the income option:1. A copy of work permit 2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt.

Please send a Personal Message to Sunbelt Asia with your name, email address and who you spoke to and the MD will look into it and advise you on your particular case.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]

Extension of Thai Business Visa

The Thai "B" or Business Visa can be extended to a one year visa in country as follows.

The extension of the visa is normally based on employment and as such there are certain regulations governing the company who is employing you.

These are the regulations for the extension of the "B" Business Visa:

1. The business must be registered in Thailand.

2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.

3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.

4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

Duration of the Extension

- One year at a time.

Documents required for the extension:

1. Application form (T.M. 7 )

2. Passport or document used in lien of passport and its copies .

3. The applicants 4 x 6 cm. photograph .

4. Extension fee Baht 1,900.-

5. The company letters certifying as follows ;

- Nature of business

- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.

- Number of Thai and foreign employees.

6. Copies of work permit or receipt of work permit application.

7. Company's annual balance sheets.

8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.

10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

11. The official letter that certify the registration of such juristic person.

12. Business Registration or Business License.

13. Value Added Tax Registration and list of share holders.

14. A map that indicate location of the Company.

15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.

16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

N.B. In case of necessity , documents No.7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 can be substituted by the company letters stating its reason.

It appears there was some confusion regarding the member's extension of stay. The member wanted to apply for a one year extension of stay shortly before it expired but due to the long holiday weekend, it could not be processed in time. He was advised to leave the country and obtain another 90 days.

Immigration will generally not issue the one year extension on a new 90 day entry as that 30 day stamp will cancel out the new 90 day visa. So, it is better to apply after about 2 months so that the expiry date of the 90 days is closer.

This is what our staff tried to explain, that once the member left the country and obtained a new 90 day stamp in his passport, he needed to wait and come back to Sunbelt Asia in about 2 months. From there, we can start the document certification and get the extension applied for. Once the extension is applied for a 30 days "under consideration" stamp permit is given.

Staff explained that if he needed to travel while the extension is "under consideration" during that 30 days he would need to get a re-entry permit so that the extension and visa are not lost. A single re-entry permit for 1000 Baht or multiple re-entry for 3000 Baht is valid for ONLY the 30 days under consideration. The reentry is on the 30 day permit as the 90 day has already been cancelled.

The staff further explained that once the extension is obtained, if the member planned to travel, he would need to get another re-entry permit (its easiest to do it the day you receive your extension, just hand your passport back in with the required photos and forms after the extension is stamped in your passport).

The member was told that Sunbelt Asia had another client who did not show up at the Immigration office on the 30 day due date and he had to pay an overstay fine of 500 Baht a day as the 90 day visa had been cancelled, so they wanted to make it clear to the client the importance of returning to Immigration. They then further explained the importance of a re-entry permit. He was told that if he left on a 30 day "under consideration" stamp without a re-entry permit, he would lose his visa and have to apply for a new one outside the country.