Thaksin Could Accept Brief Imprisonment In His Reconciliation Plan

Lite Beer

3. Inmates whose remaining sentence is less than 2 years are allowed to engage in public work outside prisons. The number of working days are recorded as remission days.

In respect to points 2 & 3, I don't think it would be unusual to see an interesting use of the procedure in this case.

Hey that would fit Thaksin very well,though not sure if acting as a Prime Minister qualify's as public work outside prisons.

I would give Thaksin the job in on the Swampy(his airport) information desk, speaking English to all foreign arrivals directing them to areas, also his sister. Their spoken English is perfect for the job.:lol:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about he does his full stint in prison like everyone else 'convicted' of a crime! How about being banned from politics forever no ifs or buts. This would set an example to the rich that they can't do what they please. Rich or poor - you are the same and will be treated the same.

Agree totally. The man is a convicted criminal, and very likely would have been found guilty of numerous other serious crimes if the judicial processes had continued. But any discussion / action today should / must be based on the current conviction.

He must be treated like any other convicted criminal. Special consideration for this man is totally wrong and totally unacceptable.

Anything else makes a mockery of the intent and the process of the law and creates highly undesireable precedents.

Sage words scorecard ,with which only the mentally unstable would disagree with.

In Thailand, foreigners always seem surprised by events that they think are unexpected.

How very odd! They are surprised by things that they think unexpected?! Normally people ate only surprised at the expected stuff, right?

(BTW your implied superiority to most foreigners or those you speak of is noted and humbly acknowledged).

smile.gif

On the contrary, the most simple of backpacking kids is more clued in than the typical middle aged westerner living in Thailand. These foreigners consider some of the political twists and turns "unexpected", when the reality is that the events are standard M.O. in Thailand. Some people are so set in their ways that they really cannot see the forest for the trees. Younger people and older folks with a full set of life experiences are more likely to have a better grasp of what is going on.

In respect to superiority, I don't think that is a fair assessment. It is as if a one legged man with a wobbly gait is invited to a foot race with paraplegics. The one legged man man will post a better result while the paraplegics are still in their chairs., but he isn't necessarily superior.

It's a loss of face to be seen losing or having bad luck such as ending up in jail with all the trimmings such as the uniform and no shoes. An image of bad luck wouldn't fair well in Issan. I think this idea is a rather bitchy impression thought up by this Democrat MP. A bit of a false story published here if you ask me and rather weak journalism.

I don't see that Thaksin himself suggested that he serve any time as part of a national reconciliation scheme, and, quite frankly, I would be very surprised if he would agree to any such thing.

I suspect that groveling apologies from his opponents and the return of his confiscated money would be far more acceptable to him.<_<

:whistling:

None of that surprises me....just to let one poster on this topic understand that not every Farang is "surprised" by any developments in Thai politics.

Frankly, as I said before it's all one group of wealthy high-so crooks fighting another group of wealthy high-so crooks for whatever they can steal from the people who voted for them. (That's called Democracy in Thailand, you see).

The only people who will be hurt in this battle will be the poor....as always.

I very seiously doubt that Thaksin will have to do any real jail time. Maybe a brief period of restritions in exchange for the right to return to Thailand. And "Amnesty"...which in Thailand means the "roght o still more tax money from the people".

Since I am sure that if and when he does return, he intends to make it VERY profitable for his family and their business friends...I guess that brief period of restrictions would be in the nature of a "loss-leader" deal.

You know, rather like advertising a good deal on a used car...so that if a coustomer does show up to buy that used car...you can switch that customer to a better and more profitable deal for you later.

That is all Thaksin and family are...used car dealers.

:rolleyes: