Pheu Thai Could Be Dissolved For Not Acting On Poll Vows

webfact

yet again, my post is referring to the fact that mathematically there has to be a main social class that votes for ANY party, simple mathematics

Sorry if off topic, but having studied mathematics for a while I feel a need to react on this post.

Whether or not a party has a specific social class voting for them or not has NOTHING to do with mathematics. A political party may have started with a specific social group who both started the party and voted for them. Over time this initial setup tends to diffuse. A party may drift in ideal or may attract voters from other than the initial social class. This may lead to a point where there is no longer a clear, main social class on which a party relies.

Anyway, still looking forward to having enough MP's endorsed to get the new parliament convened and a PM elected. Most likely a Pheu Thai government with PM Yingluck. Wish them well, for Thailand's sake.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Comments on moderation issues have been removed. In future, if you have any questions about forum moderation, please take them up with board moderator concerned.

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

yet again, my post is referring to the fact that mathematically there has to be a main social class that votes for ANY party, simple mathematics

Sorry if off topic, but having studied mathematics for a while I feel a need to react on this post.

Whether or not a party has a specific social class voting for them or not has NOTHING to do with mathematics. A political party may have started with a specific social group who both started the party and voted for them. Over time this initial setup tends to diffuse. A party may drift in ideal or may attract voters from other than the initial social class. This may lead to a point where there is no longer a clear, main social class on which a party relies.

Anyway, still looking forward to having enough MP's endorsed to get the new parliament convened and a PM elected. Most likely a Pheu Thai government with PM Yingluck. Wish them well, for Thailand's sake.

it is simple mathematics, that when a general election is held there has to be more votes for a party from certain classes than others....ie mathematically there were more votes that came from 'x' class of person for this party

so yes, simple mathematics

god i wonder if i said most PTP voters are mainly from rural thai and working class backrounds, would i be quizzed so much ha ha :lol:

i feel i deserve to be able to counter any points made against what i say but anyway yes, back on topic....cos threads never go off topic

who knows if they will be dissolved, eh?

Edited by nurofiend

it is simple mathematics, that when a general election is held there has to be more votes for a party from certain classes than others....ie mathematically there were more votes that came from 'x' class of person for this party

god i wonder if i said most PTP voters are mainly from rural thai and working class backrounds, would i be quizzed so much ha ha :lol:

i feel i deserve to be able to counter any points made against what i say but anyway yes, back on topic....cos threads never go off topic

Simple mathematics would only say 'the majority of voters for a certain party come from the group of voters who voted for them'. It might be that numerically some groups ordered by class, geographics, gender, etc., have a higher presence, it might spread out evenly. That doesn't mean that 'mathematically there has to be a main social class that votes for ANY party'.

You're correct (I think) in assuming had you said something like 'most Pheu Thai voters seem to come from rural, poor or working class background' no one would complain as that seems to be correct. Unfortunately you said 'i think it's fair to say that the democrat party as it stands today is mainly backed by the urban middle class to upper class voters' which doesn't seem to be correct.

As for the topic, very unlikely Pheu Thai will be dissolved, main hurdles passed it seems. No idea what will happen with those UDD leader Pheu Thai possibly MP-in-waiting. Can go either way, but again no reason to dissolve the Pheu Thai. With Pheu Thai more than likely in the position to form the new government, they may have a need to distance themselves from the UDD in order to avoid the suggestion that all those actions prohibited to political parties are outsourced to the UDD.

Simple mathematics would only say 'the majority of voters for a certain party come from the group of voters who voted for them'. It might be that numerically some groups ordered by class, geographics, gender, etc., have a higher presence, it might spread out evenly. That doesn't mean that 'mathematically there has to be a main social class that votes for ANY party'.

You're correct (I think) in assuming had you said something like 'most Pheu Thai voters seem to come from rural, poor or working class background' no one would complain as that seems to be correct. Unfortunately you said 'i think it's fair to say that the democrat party as it stands today is mainly backed by the urban middle class to upper class voters' which doesn't seem to be correct.

As for the topic, very unlikely Pheu Thai will be dissolved, main hurdles passed it seems. No idea what will happen with those UDD leader Pheu Thai possibly MP-in-waiting. Can go either way, but again no reason to dissolve the Pheu Thai. With Pheu Thai more than likely in the position to form the new government, they may have a need to distance themselves from the UDD in order to avoid the suggestion that all those actions prohibited to political parties are outsourced to the UDD.

i said "most PTP voters are mainly from rural thai and working class backrounds", my point was that most democrat voters are mainly from middle class to the upper class end of voters and from urban areas

so i think that, in your words "that numerically some groups ordered by class, geographics, gender, etc., have a higher presence" and i think it would be mathematically impossible that it would "spread out evenly"

anyway, there's no point in my trying to argue with someone who seems to be nitpicking exact turns of phrase rather than the basic point i was putting forward....if you think my opinion about who the main voting base of the democrats is, is incorrect then there is no point in me debating with you any further on this issue

Edited by nurofiend

if you think my opinion about who the main voting base of the democrats is, is incorrect then there is no point in me debating with you any further on this issue

Finally something we can agree upon: no need to debate any further on this specific issue.

In post 176 you said you were through with this Nuro ----

The voter base for the Dems is NOT what you claim. It is not "class" based at all. The map shows it quite simply.

Back to the topic .............

In post 176 you said you were through with this Nuro ----

The voter base for the Dems is NOT what you claim. It is not "class" based at all. The map shows it quite simply.

Back to the topic .............

well i changed my mind

now back to the topic......