Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2.5 Vg

Briggsy

I think you would know as well as anyone you will be able to get 15km/l or 8km/l it just depends on driving style and so many other factors. For me if anything over 10km/l in a heavy SUV is acceptable.

agreed, 13km/l to 8km/l for this 2wd 2,5 auto suv, depending on driving

I think you would know as well as anyone you will be able to get 15km/l or 8km/l it just depends on driving style and so many other factors. For me if anything over 10km/l in a heavy SUV is acceptable.

agreed, 13km/l to 8km/l for this 2wd 2,5 auto suv, depending on driving

Have never been under 10KM/L in the wife's Pajero, and that was only with sustained ~160km/hr with 5 people and luggage on board. But yes, all down to driving - when I get in it, it struggles to do much better than 12KM/L, when the wife drives it, it pulls 12-14KM/L all the time - it could probably do even better, but she's been picking up on my driving style ;)

just brought pajero sport gt new. filled up with shell v power.been driving up a lot of very steep hills , done 4x4 driving, been driving in all conditions. just filled up again and got 620 klms from first tank . overtake anything up very steep hills.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. As I am relatively light on the accelerator and have another vehicle for city driving, which I try to avoid as much as possible any way, I reckon 12 km/l sounds very possible for me.

Diesel is currently 30 B/l so fuel costs would be about 2.5 B/km at today's prices. Thanks for helping me with that. :jap:

just brought pajero sport gt new. filled up with shell v power.been driving up a lot of very steep hills , done 4x4 driving, been driving in all conditions. just filled up again and got 620 klms from first tank . overtake anything up very steep hills.

I manage about 650kms for a full tank ( mostly city driving )

JH

Would appear all these new Oilers do the same as a 25Year old Big M Nissan,My 5 liter Oiler does the same as a Tuna...so do most big German Oilers like Porkers, and Audi.

Yep - the calorific value of diesel fuel hasn't changed, and better diesels are already able to convert almost 80% of the energy in the fuel, so there's simply no room for any major advancements in raw fuel effeciency to be made now (in diesels that is - petrol has a long way to go). So from here it's all down to reducing engine size, reducing weight, and improving aerodynamics to get better FE.

Your old Big M would have probably only managed 40-50% effeciency, but what it lost out there was probably made of for in weight and aero savings compared to current trucks.

As newer diesel trucks get bigger and bigger, and progress more towards car levels of comfort/NVH/safety they end up weighing more, and losing aerodynamic effeciency due to larger frontal area/increased ride height, cancelling out some of their engine's effeciency gains. But they make up for it by providing a helluva lot more HP per drop, and providing a much nicer driving experience and better safety ;)

Yes the imported Big M was thicker gauge steel, a true workhorse.Anyway im still furious my Daughter chose thet Bloody Awfull Sporivo. everytime i see a new Paj, i get hissed off.It could have bought 10 Ms at the original price and it still a tarted truck.:angry: .