Sell Gold In Thailand, Found Shop That Buys All Types Of Gold 8K-24K

Thanks for the other responses.

Reckon I will go there this weekend with my treasure chest and find out as there seems to be no other place here for this farrang gold.

Will post back my experience.

Why on earth go back there when you have been told you will get alot less for your gold compared to going to a normal gold shop.

Unless you are the owner or have interest in this business and are promoting it?

Of course he's promoting it!

He's going to come back next week and post a glowing report of "his" little business and how he is very happy with the service and gold prices he got. :lol:

As one poster so rightly put it.

BUYER BEWARE!

Yep......& as I pointed out....The same rip off shops are popping up all over the world including the USA ;)

Fools & their $$$ are soon parted

has anybody considered that these "rip-off" shops have overheads which have to be covered? rent, salaries, taxes, smelting, further handling?

and last not least they want to make a profit like all of us.

Sure they have to scoop it up & take it to the refinery. Which is where the smelting takes place & goes no further as teh refinery buys it period.

The same refinery you can go to & get 95% instead of 50 or less % :)

please list some of these refineries in Thailand :whistling:

As reported earlier in the thread...BKK Assay is honest. Not quite 95% of melt value, but certainly better than the other options.

Several years ago, as I was getting ready to leave, I had a bit of money in my Thai bank account. I withdrew it and bought 5 10 baht gold bars in China town.

I found if you return to the same place you purchased these bars, the price with be a bit better than if you just walk into a random gold shop in China town.

Of course who want to sell?? I am quite happy just letting them sit in the safe, and every few months the wife likes to take them out and play....and ask "How much now??"

Could not have made a better investment, (unless I would have bought silver).

With this thread fresh on my mind, I was wandering through Carrefour (Big C Extra) on Rama 4, this week there is a new booth setting up in the foyer area, from goldbuyers.com.au. I had a quick chat, she was closing up, but she is already saying, yes, they buy foreign karats, AND the initial price she bantered was 600 a g for 18k, that's already 70Bht a g over the shop mentioned in the thread. FYI only, I don't own a gold shop...lol

Oz

With this thread fresh on my mind, I was wandering through Carrefour (Big C Extra) on Rama 4, this week there is a new booth setting up in the foyer area, from goldbuyers.com.au. I had a quick chat, she was closing up, but she is already saying, yes, they buy foreign karats, AND the initial price she bantered was 600 a g for 18k, that's already 70Bht a g over the shop mentioned in the thread. FYI only, I don't own a gold shop...lol

Oz

lol this is getting funny.

This type of internet marketing to promote a company of your own or your friends only works if its done in a non-obvious way- one poster, one of the onwers of the company, have already been busted for promoting the company here so at this stage your more likely to generate actively hostile views of the company if you keep posting faux real messages that are actually only to promote the company. :jap:

Edited by ExpatJ

Oz

lol this is getting funny.

This type of internet marketing to promote a company of your own or your friends only works if its done in a non-obvious way- one poster, one of the onwers of the company, have already been busted for promoting the company here so at this stage your more likely to generate actively hostile views of the company if you keep posting faux real messages that are actually only to promote the company. :jap:

He will be back on this thread soon to talk about what a great a deal he got for selling his old gold at this shop! lol

This is a classic internet marketing scam setup to gain readers confidence by pretending to be a very satisfied customer.

The OP will be back with a glowing report...wait and see :D

Edited by Livinginexile

Oz

ok maybe better I go and try there then, where in Big C Rama 4 ?

Oz

ok maybe better I go and try there then, where in Big C Rama 4 ?

Off you go :)

Amazing how a promotional thread has gotten so much traction. I can't recall anyone asking about selling their gold, so really the OP is nothing more than a promoter. OP should remove that promotional link to show us that it's not really in his interest. Funny also that OP informs us that there is also a shop in Phuket. Did anyone ask?

On a related topic, I have a friend that runs one of the bigger cash for gold operations in the states and he's doing quite well. One of those news shows like good morning america or 60 minutes did a spot about his biz and they gave it favourable reviews.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having read through this post, I'm convinced now of the decline in civility and intelligent banter on TV. But I never give up, so.......

My simple question is this: Can farang gold, such as Krugerrand coins, be sold for a reasonable price in Bkk? And if so, where would one do so, and expect close to spot prices?

Having read through this post, I'm convinced now of the decline in civility and intelligent banter on TV. But I never give up, so.......

My simple question is this: Can farang gold, such as Krugerrand coins, be sold for a reasonable price in Bkk? And if so, where would one do so, and expect close to spot prices?

I sold gold Mexican 50 peso coins (37.5 grams or 1.2 oz of pure gold per coin) to Bangkok Assay. Their commission is 2% of the gold, but they are very honest and paid then current spot on the correct weight minus 2% (even though gold prices shot up during the day). They pay after they melt down the coins and extract the gold (which took 2 days). .........website here--> Bangkok Assay

Their head office is in Samut Prakarn, but they have 2 branches (closest to me at 1230-32 New Road (at corner of Surawong Road) ) Bangkok riverside zone

Coin shops in the US buy recognized international gold bullion coins such as Mexican Pesos and S African Krugerrands without melting them down, but I havent found any shops like that in Bangkok doing that...