Sell Gold In Thailand, Found Shop That Buys All Types Of Gold 8K-24K

Found a shop on the 2nd Floor of the Ploenchit Centre, Sukhumvit Soi 2 that buys all types of Gold from 8k-24k.

When I went in they said they had just opened and also had a shop at Chalong Circle Phuket.

They said they buy all types of Gold including coins, broken jewelry etc to recycle

Their website is www.goldtomoney.co.th

Hope this helps as it is the only place I have found that will buy non Thai Gold as well as Thai Gold and I am going to get my old Gold together and take it there..

their rates are not in your favor.

they pay E28 for a 99%gram the actual price now is E35/gram 99%

ok, thanks for the info.

Where can I find the shop in Thailand with the prices you mention please.

I am in Bangkok but do go to Pattaya and Phuket sometimes.

Uhh, newbie, 1 post, bet gold to peanuts he's the owner.

Checked em' out too, they give a lousy exchange rate!

Something like one of those "send us your old gold and we'll send you the money" scams.

They are paying (approximately) $1,160.00 per once. Current market rate today is $1,603.00 :bah:

Do people fall for this kind of scam? :lol:

Edited by Livinginexile

Yep, he's the owner allright :whistling:

Something like one of those "send us your old gold and we'll send you the money" scams.

It will fail for sure, all Thai's know exactly what the current value of gold is.

My first post and wow what a response.

Not sure what the etiquete is but happy to prove you are wrong about me.

Maybe repected mediators can guide me as to how and deal with this to show who is right and who is wrong about me.

As far as the shop and a scam accustaion is concerned, they said that you have to call in person with ID and they give you a price, if you are happy with it they pay you there and then. If you are not happy with the price you dont sell it. Perhaps time and responders who actually visit the shop will tell the true tale rather than someones supposition.

I have to say I find this very funny a bit like last time I was herea nd on the forum when Foodbyphone and Chefs XP were the topic, or perhaps I own both of them as well !!

And the next one please, its fun

Yep, he's the owner allright :whistling:

It will fail for sure, all Thai's know exactly what the current value of gold is.

My first post and wow what a response.

Not sure what the etiquete is but happy to prove you are wrong about me.

Maybe repected mediators can guide me as to how and deal with this to show who is right and who is wrong about me.

As far as the shop and a scam accustaion is concerned, they said that you have to call in person with ID and they give you a price, if you are happy with it they pay you there and then. If you are not happy with the price you dont sell it. Perhaps time and responders who actually visit the shop will tell the true tale rather than someones supposition.

I have to say I find this very funny a bit like last time I was herea nd on the forum when Foodbyphone and Chefs XP were the topic, or perhaps I own both of them as well !!

And the next one please, its fun

Prices paid are on the web site. No need to visit the shop and waste your time.

You should delete the "what we pay" section. That way the poor suckers are more inclined to sell when they get to your shop. :lol:

BTW...you say it's "my first post" at the top of your reply and then you go on to say "a bit like last time I was herea nd on the forum". :rolleyes:

So you have more than one Nik? :lol:

You're going to a lot of trouble to defend an obviously dodgy business. Is that you on the website with the grey beard? :lol:

If you are in Bangkok go to China Town. They list the prices for buy/sell for all to see. You can go to several places and get different bids. Are they buying the "gold" to be melted down which is at a set price each day or are they buying the piece which the price will vary? That's the question to ask.

I'm sure you'll get different answers but how important is it over a hundred baht? How much is your time worth? Some people will drive all the way across town to save 100 baht and yet pay the taxi 150 baht to get there.

These shops are popping up all over the USA too.

Same game....exchange at very low rates.

For instance ... Most around $15usd/gram

for 14k gold.

14k being the popular jewelry gold in the USA :bah:

Some buyers at these shops paying only $300/oz

14k gold is 585 gold or 58.5% gold

So their paying about half of what its worth @ $465/oz if your lucky.

When 14k should be about $931/oz

Yet it does not stop the lines from forming with crazy ladies

selling off their gold jewelry :rolleyes:

Edited by flying

Not that I am defending anything, but... realistically how are you supposed to smelt the metal and refine it yourself, so you get your buck worth... think about it people, 50% IS steep, but what service industry alternative is there??

Oz

Not that I am defending anything, but... realistically how are you supposed to smelt the metal and refine it yourself, so you get your buck worth... think about it people, 50% IS steep, but what service industry alternative is there??

Oz

Dont know about Thailand but in the US some refiners/refineries will pay 95%

Edited by flying

Thanks for the other responses.

Reckon I will go there this weekend with my treasure chest and find out as there seems to be no other place here for this farrang gold.

Will post back my experience.

Their posted prices don't match current prices set. Seller beware is all I can say.

I don't know how much you have but you might want to inquire here -

http://www.bkkassay....eng/service.php

Thanks for that, very helpful.

Just called them and yes they do buy gold but only problem is they charge minimum 4,000 baht and deduct 2% but biggest problem is they can only tell you value after smelting !! which for me is not too good.

I think that it may be interesting if you have kilos of gold so I need to try and work out some idea as to the value of my gold jewelry.

Sounded like a big operation and if you have lots of bullion (Many kilos) think this could be interesting.

Thanks again

when converting jewellery into gold, there is a loss which is usually borne by the seller; I am not sure but I think the loss is about 6%;

hence 1 kilo of jewellery equals 940 gm of gold (disregarding the purity of the gold)

Thanks for the other responses.

Reckon I will go there this weekend with my treasure chest and find out as there seems to be no other place here for this farrang gold.

Will post back my experience.

Why on earth go back there when you have been told you will get alot less for your gold compared to going to a normal gold shop.

Unless you are the owner or have interest in this business and are promoting it?

<br />
<br />Not that I am defending anything, but... realistically how are you supposed to smelt the metal and refine it yourself, so you get your buck worth... think about it people, 50% IS steep, but what service industry alternative is there??<br /><br />Oz<br />
<br /><br /><br />Dont know about Thailand but in the US some refiners/refineries will pay 95%<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Of course I am talking about in Thailand, the post revolves around Farang gold Karats scrap jewelery being sold here.

I don't know how much you have but you might want to inquire here -

http://www.bkkassay....eng/service.php

Thanks for that, very helpful.

Just called them and yes they do buy gold but only problem is they charge minimum 4,000 baht and deduct 2% but biggest problem is they can only tell you value after smelting !! which for me is not too good.

I think that it may be interesting if you have kilos of gold so I need to try and work out some idea as to the value of my gold jewelry.

Sounded like a big operation and if you have lots of bullion (Many kilos) think this could be interesting.

Thanks again

Because anyone with kilos of gold bullion is going to use this business, that pays less than any gold shop , with a website that looks like it was put together by a couple of ex english teachers? ;)

Actually it is not a bad business idea from the owners perspective as there are always some people who will fall for this type of service, so good luck to you; but you need to refine your viral internet marketing techniques- try and make your postings on forums like this less obviously promotional.

Of course I am talking about in Thailand, the post revolves around Farang gold Karats scrap jewelery being sold here.

Yep......& as I pointed out....The same rip off shops are popping up all over the world including the USA ;)

Fools & their $$$ are soon parted

Yep......& as I pointed out....The same rip off shops are popping up all over the world including the USA ;)

has anybody considered that these "rip-off" shops have overheads which have to be covered? rent, salaries, taxes, smelting, further handling?

and last not least they want to make a profit like all of us.

has anybody considered that these "rip-off" shops have overheads which have to be covered? rent, salaries, taxes, smelting, further handling?

It is quite possible to make a profit without cheating people. There are honest shops around that pay a fair price. No reason to give your business to the dishonest ones that swindle people who don't know the value of what they have.

Sure they have to scoop it up & take it to the refinery. Which is where the smelting takes place & goes no further as teh refinery buys it period.

The same refinery you can go to & get 95% instead of 50 or less % :)

Sure they have to scoop it up & take it to the refinery. Which is where the smelting takes place & goes no further as teh refinery buys it period.

The same refinery you can go to & get 95% instead of 50 or less % :)

please list some of these refineries in Thailand :whistling:

666 sukumshit road?

See Pa Somchai for expedited service :lol:

PS: as I said in my previous posts...I only mentioned all of this because of all these little rip off shops popping up all over the USA. Which is sad because there are many refineries here that pay fairly.

Edited by flying

666 sukumshit road?

See Pa Somchai for expedited service :lol:

PS: as I said in my previous posts...I only mentioned all of this because of all these little rip off shops popping up all over the USA. Which is sad because there are many refineries here that pay fairly.

please check e-mail Flying.