Where To But Samsung Galaxy S2

orena

Hello , My sister is now in Thailand and will be in Bangkok for two days...

I want her to buy me Samsung galaxy s2 from Thailand ... But I am afraid that it will be fake.. Anyone can recommend a good shop in there that will not sell me a fake??

and what should be the price?

+ Can she get a VAT refund?

Thank you

Maybe go to a True, DTAC or AIS shop, in a major mall (Seacon, Central, Paragon).

Local price is 18,900 inclusive of 7 % VAT (17,663.55 + 1,236.45). Not sure about VAT refund; you'll have to ask about that in the shops. Another outlet like Power Buy might be more forthcoming with that VAT refund forms?

Note that there are two local models i9100 and i9100T, with potentially different 3G radios so make sure you get the right version for your intended use.

Maybe go to a True, DTAC or AIS shop, in a major mall (Seacon, Central, Paragon).

Local price is 18,900 inclusive of 7 % VAT (17,663.55 + 1,236.45). Not sure about VAT refund; you'll have to ask about that in the shops. Another outlet like Power Buy might be more forthcoming with that VAT refund forms?

Note that there are two local models i9100 and i9100T, with potentially different 3G radios so make sure you get the right version for your intended use.

Thank you man..

The bands in israel are

orange: 900/1800

celllcum : 1800

pele : no

UMTS:

orenage : 2100

cellcum & pele : 850/2100

I'm at Orange But I think to move to pele Because they have better internet speed what version should I get?

Edited by orena

I'd recommend the i9100T, maybe from a True or DTAC shop as this supports 850/1900/2100 3G, at a minimum.

Do you know where there is a DTAC or True shop that I can send me sister to??

You know if there are shops in siam paragon?

I think she is going there tomoorow.

I'd recommend the i9100T, maybe from a True or DTAC shop as this supports 850/1900/2100 3G, at a minimum.

There is a Samsung shop in Paragon which was selling them today.

I am 99.99% certain DTAC and True have large-ish shops in Siam Paragon. Additionally, True have a large shop in the "Digital Gateway" building at Siam BTS (kitty-corner: opposite side, opposite corner) from Siam Paragon, opposite Siam Discovery (I forget the BTS exit #).

Please understand this phone is quite new here, and there is massive pent-up demand, so it may well be sold out.

I bought mine (i9100) at Samsung shop in Fortune on Ratchada. Right next to MRT Rama 9 station.

I bought mine (i9100) at Samsung shop in Fortune on Ratchada. Right next to MRT Rama 9 station.

I doubt that any of the mobile operators will help you with the vat refund. A better bet is to go for MBK, and go for one of the larger shops. Or how it is about Jaymart and vat refund?? I'll try to pick one on Thursday or Friday, and post than the location, I picked mine and about vat refund, 18900 is a good quote anyway.

Had a brief wander around MBK today. Looked in 3 shops. 2 of them had them all packaged up in the box with the ais branding on them. They confirmed they were the thai ais version. Quoted 18500 at one and flat 18000 at the other. The third one quoted me 18900 and when I asked whether it was for true or ais she said it was for samsung. They are all over mbk anyway so don't think you will have any trouble there (although can't confirm the true version is)

Edited by lennois

I doubt that any of the mobile operators will help you with the vat refund. A better bet is to go for MBK, and go for one of the larger shops. Or how it is about Jaymart and vat refund?? I'll try to pick one on Thursday or Friday, and post than the location, I picked mine and about vat refund, 18900 is a good quote anyway.

The Samsung stall at TGFone (I think that is the name)in Central World had the SG2 on display yesterday and made a point of telling me about the VAT refund.

Had a brief wander around MBK today. Looked in 3 shops. 2 of them had them all packaged up in the box with the ais branding on them. They confirmed they were the thai ais version. Quoted 18500 at one and flat 18000 at the other. The third one quoted me 18900 and when I asked whether it was for true or ais she said it was for samsung. They are all over mbk anyway so don't think you will have any trouble there (although can't confirm the true version is)

Be careful when you buy at a discounted price from an MBK shop/stall. The box may be wrapped in plastic but when you take this off you may find that the paper seal has been carefully broken, meaning that the box has been opened by the shop already. Although you are unlikely to be sold a dud phone you may find that some of the original accessories have been removed or swapped for cheaper copies.

So, finally I got mine ;-). I returned only yesterday on a crappy Bus from Chiang Saen, so I first had to take a nap, and it was already around 6 pm. So not much time to shop around. Went straight to Phra Ram 9, as I wanted to go to TescoLotus anyway. Went up right to the 4th floor into the ITmall, as I knew from prior purchases, that the have the VAT refund. They had also a stock of SG2, to my surprise it was already discounted to 17900 Thb. I cashed out also the VAT already. (1171 THB). So I got it for 16729 THB. At the moment a great deal indeed.

GT-I9100LKATHL (whatever that means in the end)

Edited by jethro69

So, finally I got mine ;-). I returned only yesterday on a crappy Bus from Chiang Saen, so I first had to take a nap, and it was already around 6 pm. So not much time to shop around. Went straight to Phra Ram 9, as I wanted to go to TescoLotus anyway. Went up right to the 4th floor into the ITmall, as I knew from prior purchases, that the have the VAT refund. They had also a stock of SG2, to my surprise it was already discounted to 17900 Thb. I cashed out also the VAT already. (1171 THB). So I got it for 16729 THB. At the moment a great deal indeed.

That's a good deal indeed. Nice work.

Do you mean IT City on the fourth floor? Was there briefly today and didn't see any discount advertised?

Is that the version which supports true 3g?

Edited by lennois

In many malls are Samsung shops where they sell both models of the S2. I guess you can be pretty sure that it's not a fake that you buy there.

I bought mine in the Samsung shop in The Mall Bangkapi. The usual price though (18,900 THB).

It has one absolutely fabulous feature, a little app called "Kies air", which allows you to connect wirelessly to your PC (if you have a wireless LAN) and upload from your PC anything to your phone, pictures, music ... and so easy to use.

Now I just wait for 3G from AIS (I hate True :annoyed: )

That's a good deal indeed. Nice work.

Do you mean IT City on the fourth floor? Was there briefly today and didn't see any discount advertised?

Is that the version which supports true 3g?

Yes,it's IT City. They did display it for 18900, when I asked for it, I was quoted the 17900. The bill showed 17850 + 50 for the display protection foil.