World Class Hamburger Review

Finlaco

The place just past Mae Chan on the way into CR is called "Teak Cafe".

It is an orange building or orange sign.

It is just before you get to the Cosmo on the other side of the highway - so when you see the Cosmo on the other side of the road, start to slow down and look out for it.

I stopped at the "Steak House" on the western side of the highway yesterday for dinner.

They didn't have any beef burgers in stock (they are on the menu for 99B) so I had a pork burger (69B).

Was quite small, but for 69B was a decent portion.

The chips were average. Overcooked and not white and fluffy inside. They were hot and crisp though.

The salad was 3 slices of tomato, couple of onion rings, 4 slices of cucumber and some lettuce leaves.

Salad was nice and fresh.

The bun was average, soft and cake like and a bit too sweet for my taste. I prefer more bread like buns.

The burger had 2 thin pork patties which were tasty with a hint of garlic, but they were soft which suggests they were microwaved rather than cooked on a grill or fry pan.

Overall, not an amazing burger, but for 69B it's decent value and I'd eat it again, but wouldn't go seeking it out if I was craving a burger.

Oh and the Lung Ho iced black coffee was very good.

Finally. I may know where these places are. Thanks B)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK so I caught caught in a torrential downpour on the way to CR just now and am stopped at the Teak Cafe to get out of the rain and have a coffee and burger.

A big thank you to David for putting me onto this place as it is the best burger I've had in Thailand.

Taste was great, not too salty so you could taste all the individual ingredients.

Meat patty was a good size (about 1/4 pounder size at maccas, or slightly bigger) and juicy and solid mince (ie. not too much filler).

Salad on the burger was nice.

Only thing I would change is that the cheese was something like a Kraft single. A tastier real cheese would have been better, but it still tasted great and wouldn't stop me eating one again (which I definitely will).

Also they put mayo on the burger which I didn't mind, but might try it without next time.

Plus it has decent speed wifi. So I will definitely be coming back to eat and use the wifi instead of going all the way into CR to McDonalds for a burger fix and wifi.

Oh yeah the black coffee was really nice too.

Rich

post-121454-0-31581700-1312280436_thumb.

Kandahar never doubted that it existed. Kandahar doubted, based on your VARIOUS sets of directions, conflicting descriptions and your corrections of what you had written previously, that anyone could find the place in short order, which indeed was the case. Kandahar did liken your chase to "Where's Waldo". But of course, just as in your lost burger joint case, Waldo is always found in the end. So, I'll stick with the Waldo comment.

You chastised Kandahar for giving directions to the place when he did not give directions although KimoMax did and you said that wasn't the place. You later typed this- "And yes I would drive there to get one." Maybe you would drive there to get one but you wouldn't drive there to get exact directions to the place and an exact description of the place to keep from making yourself look like an awkward <deleted> that has led the thread into a train wreck. So, if you've got frustrations about this thread, have them with your own incompetence, not with me. If you want to have frustrations with me, I have plenty of other stuff written on this forum that would qualify for it. Go back to those threads and let us have a discussion. And bring your "hamburgler", beer drinking friend that has obviously been using you to do his dirty work. I'm not afraid of him, either. Soon enough, you'll find out you're a big boy and you really don't care to be his lacky. All the previous ones did. But you seem to be taking a bit longer to catch on.

Edited by sbk

and I thought this was a review of Barry's burgers.

No chance, just like a lot of old women prattling on about where something is or was or should be....I think it's over there, NO, its behind there, NO its around the corner.

Yes, it was , wasn't it. :(

But it became more than the Sum of its Parts. Probably two good places we have found with Similar names. So whats the Problem ?

And Maybe, Dave's not Pissed !? and maybe he's not right behind you :D

OK so I caught caught in a torrential downpour on the way to CR just now and am stopped at the Teak Cafe to get out of the rain and have a coffee and burger.

A big thank you to David for putting me onto this place as it is the best burger I've had in Thailand.

Taste was great, not too salty so you could taste all the individual ingredients.

Meat patty was a good size (about 1/4 pounder size at maccas, or slightly bigger) and juicy and solid mince (ie. not too much filler).

Salad on the burger was nice.

Only thing I would change is that the cheese was something like a Kraft single. A tastier real cheese would have been better, but it still tasted great and wouldn't stop me eating one again (which I definitely will).

Also they put mayo on the burger which I didn't mind, but might try it without next time.

Plus it has decent speed wifi. So I will definitely be coming back to eat and use the wifi instead of going all the way into CR to McDonalds for a burger fix and wifi.

Oh yeah the black coffee was really nice too.

Rich

Thanks Rich. When we get up that way, we will stop in and give them a try.

Guys , may I remind you, we're just talking about Burgers here. :o In the big scheme of things (In my world anyway), its nothing to get hot under the collar about.

The prize Burger was found in the end. with a bit of entertainment along the way. Thats how it is here, I couldnt find the <deleted> place either , although I won't admit to actually looking for it. Jai Yen Yen or something. :jap:

Edited by jubby

Splitz.jpg?t=1312339772

This is what a burger should look like

burger.jpg

Fantastic sauces as well

Splitztoppings.jpg

I have the secret to these burger and wild horses couldn't extract my secret.

Is the airline ticket from CR included in the price of the burgers?

Sorry One Eye but that Buggler looks like something out of a "Soggy Bottom Boys" nightmare.

Juicy does not mean soggy. And what is that greenery on that thang ? Clippings from mowing the yard and trimming the weeds.

It is probably good, other than the very apparent Soggy Bottom bun.

Will have to give the Teak House (or Cafe') Buggler a try (East side of Super Hwy opposite the Cosmo Gas station, north of Mae Fa Luang Univ.)

Cheese is'nt the easies thing to get here in CR. I perfer the Singles that are Smoked cheddar and Orange colour to the white cheddar singles.

More similar what is called American Cheese in the US.

WCH Barry's is still a pretty good place most of the time. Just think he needs to work on consistancy and ease of ordering.

No beetroot either...

Yes when are they going to introduce the McOz here.

Well seeing as Maccas doesn't do a quarter pounder here, chances are slim slim to none...

I'd like them to do breakfast first... I've sat in Mcdonalds at Central and heard the pre-recorded propaganda telling me how wonderful their breakfast is and I should try one today.... only they don't make it in CR!!!

Seen it before and we eill hear it zgain..Jubby h r do right! fuc_ked up.Kandahar!

Whats your native language David ? .

Want to try putting this through Google Translate but need a hint of the language. Vee hav Vays of Making you Talk :lol:

I like to know that one too. That last one was VERY cryptic.:D

Sorry One Eye but that Buggler looks like something out of a "Soggy Bottom Boys" nightmare.

Juicy does not mean soggy. And what is that greenery on that thang ? Clippings from mowing the yard and trimming the weeds.

I would never say it on a Public forum, but that Burger actually looks like a Fur Burger to me :D

No beetroot either...

Yes when are they going to introduce the McOz here.

Well seeing as Maccas doesn't do a quarter pounder here, chances are slim slim to none...

I'd like them to do breakfast first... I've sat in Mcdonalds at Central and heard the pre-recorded propaganda telling me how wonderful their breakfast is and I should try one today.... only they don't make it in CR!!!

Strange that, I have a little ritual when I'm waiting for the morning flight to CR at Swampy, I always have a breakfast at Burger King, consisting of a pork patty, an omelette and a few little crispy potato thingies.

I was stuck in Chiang Mai for breakfast last week and went into BK there and they never had anything resembling it.

I'd complain to the junk-food standards bureau if there was such a thing.

I would never say it on a Public forum, but that Burger actually looks like a Fur Burger to me :D

You must have been to some ROUGH places :D

Not sure that one looks good enough to eat....a bit sloppy.

I would never say it on a public forum but I can see Fur burgers in all those 'shape pictures' that the Shrinks use. I always passed with flying coulours, afterall, thats what your supposed to see , Innit :D

A Fur Burger can be eaten with or without Soggy Buns. :cheesy:

A Hambuggler should be eaten before the Buns get Soggy and it being abused like in the picture.

Think a Taco is a Fur Burger without the fur.

Can eat a taco either the fillings first, or dive in and eat the Whole Thang.

If it wasn't meant to be eaten, God wouldn't have shaped it like a Taco. :clap2:

Strange that, I have a little ritual when I'm waiting for the morning flight to CR at Swampy, I always have a breakfast at Burger King, consisting of a pork patty, an omelette and a few little crispy potato thingies.

I was stuck in Chiang Mai for breakfast last week and went into BK there and they never had anything resembling it.

I'd complain to the junk-food standards bureau if there was such a thing.

I do the same in BKK and at Sydney airports waiting for early morning flights :)

I did notice that McDonalds in CM has breakfast when I was there a couple of months ago...

Surely they can ship the stock the few hours extra up the highway....????

Aren't Maccas privately owned under a franchise agreement?

Maybe the management doesn't consider they would get the morning trade in a place like Central.

Central deals for the elite who do not rise till 11 am. No time for breakfast.

Maybe the management doesn't consider they would get the morning trade in a place like Central.

You've led a sheltered life if you weren't aware some people eat breakfast at 11am... or even later!!! :o

:lol:

You've led a sheltered life if you weren't aware some people eat breakfast at 11am... or even later!!! :o

:lol:

Maccas rules end breakfast at 10.30

Thats why I never ate it in OZ

hmmm I'm pretty sure I was eating at Maccas in Central before 10am.

Because, if I remember right, I got there too early and the store (and whole mall) wasn't open til 10am. But Mcdonalds was open so I went in and at a Big Mac for breakfast as there was no breakfast menu...

I think I was in Mcdonalds about 9 or 9:30 as I had time to eat my breakfast and then move my bike to the undercover parking (which wasn't open when I first got there) and still had to wait for the mall doors to open at 10.

Anyway, I doubt any of this analysis is going to change the fact that we can't get a mcdonalds breakfast in CR :)

• 4 months later...

La Cuisine, International Food is set to open 1st February at 3 of the 4 locations of WCH Hamburgers following the split between Barry and his investor (Frank). WCH continues at the old air force golf course and LC at Funny House, Night Bazaar and PTT station halfway to Chiang Mai. I have tasted half a dozen or so of their proposed dishes (pizza's, pasta's, steaks, burgers, chicken etc) and it was good. Prices are expected to be cheaper than all competitors as they are aiming for volume, rather than premium. Also likely to be a discount scheme for local Farang's & Thai's to keep it busy in low season.On the other hand, Barry said he was going to stop his SAM (Small Appetite Menu) which means prices going up at WCH.