World Class Hamburger Review

Finlaco

La Cuisine, International Food is set to open 1st February at 3 of the 4 locations of WCH Hamburgers following the split between Barry and his investor (Frank). WCH continues at the old air force golf course and LC at Funny House, Night Bazaar and PTT station halfway to Chiang Mai. I have tasted half a dozen or so of their proposed dishes (pizza's, pasta's, steaks, burgers, chicken etc) and it was good. Prices are expected to be cheaper than all competitors as they are aiming for volume, rather than premium. Also likely to be a discount scheme for local Farang's & Thai's to keep it busy in low season.On the other hand, Barry said he was going to stop his SAM (Small Appetite Menu) which means prices going up at WCH.

If you are going to spam your new restaurant Brucey7, try a little harder to make it look like it is not spam, (ie vary the posts a little) and also try to avoid taking a pop at former partners because it is not likely to win you friends.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any relation to "Cousin Brucey" !

Too bad WCH closed downtown. Was nice to get western food 24 hours.

Should have seen the closing coming with the Pop Corn machine taken out and a number of other niceties gone.

If the end time there is any indication of what's coming, they better get their game on.

La Cuisine, International Food is set to open 1st February at 3 of the 4 locations of WCH Hamburgers following the split between Barry and his investor (Frank). WCH continues at the old air force golf course and LC at Funny House, Night Bazaar and PTT station halfway to Chiang Mai. I have tasted half a dozen or so of their proposed dishes (pizza's, pasta's, steaks, burgers, chicken etc) and it was good. Prices are expected to be cheaper than all competitors as they are aiming for volume, rather than premium. Also likely to be a discount scheme for local Farang's & Thai's to keep it busy in low season.On the other hand, Barry said he was going to stop his SAM (Small Appetite Menu) which means prices going up at WCH.

If you are going to spam your new restaurant Brucey7, try a little harder to make it look like it is not spam, (ie vary the posts a little) and also try to avoid taking a pop at former partners because it is not likely to win you friends.

Paul,

Can I suggest you engage your brain before your mouth! It helps to stop you looking like an imbecile.

I have no connection with WCH or La Cuisine, other than I used to eat at WCH's various restaurant's half a dozen times a week which is why I was probably asked to sample the new menu at LC. I am not aware I am taking "a pop" at anyone, only repeating what my friend Barry told to me about the SAM menu/pricing at WCH golf course and the strategy told to me by the new CEO at LC.

As for winning friends, I prefer to select my friends from the more intelligent amongst us Paul!

Kind regards

Bruce

KimoMax,

I also have a cousin called Bruce, and you can still eat at the sole remaining WCH restaurant at the Air Force Golf Club.

According to one of our elustrious eccentric residents who hails from New York had told me in the past that "Cousin Brucey" was a Radio disc Jockey similar to "Wolfman Jack".

Will have to check out the old WCH at Air Force Golf again since they have retreated to that location.

The best food at WCH has always been at the golf course restaurant, I think it's because Barry is there and it get's extra special supervision. The buns are toasted that little bit more and the pizza's are superb. It's better at lunchtime than evening unless you are well anointed in mozzy repellent, it's an outdoor restaurant. His burgers are superb, especially the one stuffed with mozarella.

I have only eaten at the airport location and the last time I was there for what used to be a wonderful, tasty hamburger, was this....sh*tty, red looking, (I guess someone would call it a patty), awful tasting, sorriest excuse for a hamburger, I have ever encountered, anywhere. And to be honest, the two or three I had there before, were great. Don't know what happened...I do know that somedays its chicken and somedays it's feathers, for every situation and perhaps I was there for the feather day. But it did leave a very bad taste in my mouth and memory and I hope for Barry's sake and reputation it gets rectified. pg