Upgrading My Car To A Fortuner, Any Experience?

Im at a Loss. Weve got a Prerunner 4 Door down the yard,and i cant tell any difference between that and the Sportivo, jeez they are just bloody Trucks,face the fact.A Pigs still a Pig, no matter how much lipstick its wareing. No Match a PJS as far as ive found .If you go too far you sound as daft a Mr Cruze, Whats wrong with it being a Posh Truck Anyway..:)

Now let me see last time I looked I thought that a pick up was a chassis with a cabin on the front 2 or 4 door with a tray on the back. Just been out and look at my Fortuner and would you believe it had the same set up. Hadn't noticed it before, thank's for bringing it to my attention. Maybe I can now get cheaper insurance..... Just had another look and realised I was talking out of my bum. Sorry about that.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im at a Loss. Weve got a Prerunner 4 Door down the yard,and i cant tell any difference between that and the Sportivo, jeez they are just bloody Trucks,face the fact.A Pigs still a Pig, no matter how much lipstick its wareing. No Match a PJS as far as ive found .If you go too far you sound as daft a Mr Cruze, Whats wrong with it being a Posh Truck Anyway..:)

Now let me see last time I looked I thought that a pick up was a chassis with a cabin on the front 2 or 4 door with a tray on the back. Just been out and look at my Fortuner and would you believe it had the same set up. Hadn't noticed it before, thank's for bringing it to my attention. Maybe I can now get cheaper insurance..... Just had another look and realised I was talking out of my bum. Sorry about that.

Possibly you are, you can feel one big difference between my daughters Spivo and the Prerunner. The Runner handles better on undulating B roads due to they haven't sawn the Chassis down.I tried all the tire pressure stuff but the Spivo is a crap ride, and noisey. Hands up to never tried a Tuna though.The Lights are now excellent, thanks to a mere few thou Bht, on an already expensive cart. Bahh gime a Base 2 Door anyday, thats value..No Pretence, it just does its Job.:D

Possibly you are, you can feel one big difference between my daughters Spivo and the Prerunner. The Runner handles better on undulating B roads due to they haven't sawn the Chassis down.I tried all the tire pressure stuff but the Spivo is a crap ride, and noisey. Hands up to never tried a Tuna though.The Lights are now excellent, thanks to a mere few thou Bht, on an already expensive cart. Bahh gime a Base 2 Door anyday, thats value..No Pretence, it just does its Job.:D

and there we have it ladies and gentlefolk

''Hands up to never tried a Tuna though.''

now that speaks volumes..........

Same Thing, just more crap on our Spivo.

Well I thought that the Sportivo is the latest Fortuner? If yes that should be the best/latest from that model line-up. Wandrinstar don't seems too impressed with it.

If I change vehicle next year, I will try any brand/model I am interested in before doing any shopping, but I am leaning mostly to-wards PJS because of the price tag ( I am sadly not wealthy).

Having tried both and own Vigo 4x4 there is not a vast difference in handling or performance. If one is impressed by the electric controlled stuff in the Fortuna then so be it, but for me there is little difference except the tuna's leather seats were uncomfortable for

'' me ''. :)

Let me just inform the peep's that think that a Fortuner is the same as a Vigo pick up they are nothing like each other. Having had a Vigo 3lt 4 door 4x4 for nearly 3 year's and a Fortuner for over 2.5 I can tell you they are both chalk and cheese. From the bottom up. EG not the same wheel's, tyre's, suspension, shock's, brake's, one has leaf one coil spring's, chassis the Vigo is much longer. Light's the Fortuner has a double set up the Vigo has one bulb one's. Then we get to the interior all the bit's are electric on the Fortuner, on the Vigo it's got manual switch's, the rest I wont go into electric leather seat's ect, suffice to say go look. How dose it handle one like a big car and the other like what it is a pick up. Do/Did I like both yes. But please don't tell me there the same. Because someone will be talking out of their Bum and it wont be me.

I thought they had the same road wheel dimensions, both made of alloy, same tyres, same brakes, same engine and transmission, only real difference is a bit shorter chassis and rear coil springs. ;)

Same engine now same auto box so that make's it the same thing A. 16" rim's Vigo 18" on my Fortuner. Not sure what tyre's the Vigo has buy mine have Bridgestone H/P Sport P265/60R18 109V so not the same. Shock's VSC C/Control Vigo body 46cm longer, My brake's on the Vigo not a patch on the Fortuner. Vigo higher. Do you want me to go on. As stated have did own both, and I can tell you you cant throw the Vigo about same as you can a Fortuner.

Suppose l should have mentioned that the Fortuner l drove was of the same year as my 4x4 auto Vigo. 2007, and had the same size wheels. :)

Well Guzzi, the PJS wins hands down except on Bling. Doesn't feel truck like and a nice stable ride.Transam and me are of much the same opinion, theres nothing much wrong with Toyota Trucks, but some posters blow them up to Epic Cruze Posts.:D.

T/A So you don't like the seat's. May I just inform your that the seat's on the Fortuner have a 2" 50cm longer base than the Vigo, and come right up to my knee joint. On long run's I used to get leg ache on the Vigo don't on the Fortuner.

As far as the being impressed with the electric bit's I happen to think that VSC, TRC, BA, EBD, might be a life saver maybe you don't.

Speed/Handling. I think the Vigo might be just a shade quicker than the Fortuner due to weight. Not sure leave that to more knowledgable peep's.

As far a handling go's please don't make me laugh, The Vigo's Rear at speed jump's about all over the place, due to the leaf spring's, even if you put a rear cross shock on won't help much, stop's a bit of the tramping on the axle but that's all, I did it so I think I might know. Both could do with a bit more power mid section, That's why I have upped mine big time. But a chip will help quite well if you don't want to go the full hog.

W/S

So you have had he light's sorted "improved" I think your time might have been better spent telling all us peep's what you had done cost ect, than just informing us you think Sportivo's are crap. If I remember correctly some week's ago I put you right on what tyre pressure and other bit's to use, and come back to me if you still have a problem. (Still waiting on that one) Not going to go into the I've never been in a Fortuner bit. Update on a PJS I don't think they have VSC or TRC come to that, but they do have LSD not that it's as good a TRC. But if you think it's better please tell us your reasoning. The OP I'm sure might then get some benefit from all your post's. To the OP the Sportive is their so called sport's model (now not available) Has much harder spring's shock's and does ride firmer that all the other Fortuner's. Please give the Fortuner a go it's nice so called PICK UP. Tip if you do have a go in a PJS look in the rear view mirror and see what vision you have. I will tell you now it's in some peep's word's CRAP. Oh and they lean bit time on corner's. What ever you get Enjoy.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

Well Guzzi, the PJS wins hands down except on Bling. Doesn't feel truck like and a nice stable ride.Transam and me are of much the same opinion, theres nothing much wrong with Toyota Trucks, but some posters blow them up to Epic Cruze Posts.:D.

T/A So you don't like the seat's. May I just inform your that the seat's on the Fortuner have a 2" 50cm longer base than the Vigo, and come right up to my knee joint. On long run's I used to get leg ache on the Vigo don't on the Fortuner.

As far as the being impressed with the electric bit's I happen to think that VSC, TRC, BA, EBD, might be a life saver maybe you don't.

Speed/Handling. I think the Vigo might be just a shade quicker than the Fortuner due to weight. Not sure leave that to more knowledgable peep's.

As far a handling go's please don't make me laugh, The Vigo's Rear at speed jump's about all over the place, due to the leaf spring's, even if you put a rear cross shock on won't help much, stop's a bit of the tramping on the axle but that's all, I did it so I think I might know. Both could do with a bit more power mid section, That's why I have upped mine big time. But a chip will help quite well if you don't want to go the full hog.

W/S

So you have had he light's sorted "improved" I think your time might have been better spent telling all us peep's what you had done cost ect, than just informing us you think Sportivo's are crap. If I remember correctly some week's ago I put you right on what tyre pressure and other bit's to use, and come back to me if you still have a problem. (Still waiting on that one) Not going to go into the I've never been in a Fortuner bit. Update on a PJS I don't think they have VSC or TRC come to that, but they do have LSD not that it's as good a TRC. But if you think it's better please tell us your reasoning. The OP I'm sure might then get some benefit from all your post's. To the OP the Sportive is their so called sport's model (now not available) Has much harder spring's shock's and does ride firmer that all the other Fortuner's. Please give the Fortuner a go it's nice so called PICK UP. Tip if you do have a go in a PJS look in the rear view mirror and see what vision you have. I will tell you now it's in some peep's word's CRAP. Oh and they lean bit time on corner's. What ever you get Enjoy.

You will notice l put ME in inverted comma's. Which means perhaps great for some but not for me. In fact l did a topic on uncomfortable leather seats in Fortuner a while back. :)

Tire Pressures, should be as Recomended. I blew em up, it bouced, now shes fed up with it, wants a Honda CRV. Ill be glad to see the Back of the Big White Slug. Id recomend any Non Hi Rise pickups from Toyo, but those Wriggle n Jiggle Wannabees, never.:D

Some of us can handle/drive ANY ride. :lol:

W/S

You will notice l put ME in inverted comma's. Which means perhaps great for some but not for me. In fact l did a topic on uncomfortable leather seats in Fortuner a while back. :)

Yes and I replied to it. If you look back on it if I remember correctly you and other's poo pood my idea's and told me that they were not Toyota leather one's that I had fitted in my Vigo even though they had been ordered from Toyota in BKK and fitted by same. Cant remember all that was said and cant be bothered to look it up now. But if I recall one bit was on you slipping about. Yes have had that on both my car's but that was because some plonker had put that shiny gunk on it took over a week before it stopped.

Tire Pressures, should be as Recomended. I blew em up, it bouced, now shes fed up with it, wants a Honda CRV. Ill be glad to see the Back of the Big White Slug. Id recomend any Non Hi Rise pickups from Toyo, but those Wriggle n Jiggle Wannabees, never.:D

Very True, i drove a Fire Engine in the Army,Same Ride.:D

Very True, i drove a Fire Engine in the Army,Same Ride.:D

:cheesy: Very good. :cheesy:

Id like to ask does anyone read peep's post's. Or are they so full of their own importance when they get a reply that doesn't suit them they just ignore them. And just carry on putting +1 or silly icon's in. Or is it just as I believe to get more post up. Someone said to me the other day that TV could be a great forum if it wasn't for some of the poster putting post on it that did nothing to add to the information that peep's seek. On that and I had agree or is that +1 "do I get an extra post for that" as that seem to be the norm here. I now see that the OP post has as usual turn into the usual drivel. No need for a reply I'll do it for you +1 +1 Dee, mar Dee mar do your own icon's. I'm not having a pop at any one person but if the cap fit's.

Edited by fredob43

Id like to ask does anyone read peep's post's. Or are they so full of their own importance when they get a reply that doesn't suit them they just ignore them. And just carry on putting +1 or silly icon's in. Or is it just as I believe to get more post up. Someone said to me the other day that TV could be a great forum if it wasn't for some of the poster putting post on it that did nothing to add to the information that peep's seek. On that and I had agree or is that +1 "do I get an extra post for that" as that seem to be the norm here. I now see that the OP post has as usual turn into the usual drivel. No need for a reply I'll do it for you +1 +1 Dee, mar Dee mar do your own icon's.

It's all about fun. Something to read. Loosen up :). Don't know where your pointing a finger but we all post and must accept responses whether good or bad. The greeny thing l thought was good. Made a point so now some, me, post +1 cos l have nothing to add but approval. Easy really. :)

Id like to ask does anyone read peep's post's. Or are they so full of their own importance when they get a reply that doesn't suit them they just ignore them. And just carry on putting +1 or silly icon's in. Or is it just as I believe to get more post up. Someone said to me the other day that TV could be a great forum if it wasn't for some of the poster putting post on it that did nothing to add to the information that peep's seek. On that and I had agree or is that +1 "do I get an extra post for that" as that seem to be the norm here. I now see that the OP post has as usual turn into the usual drivel. No need for a reply I'll do it for you +1 +1 Dee, mar Dee mar do your own icon's.

It's all about fun. Something to read. Loosen up :). Don't know where your pointing a finger but we all post and must accept responses whether good or bad. The greeny thing l thought was good. Made a point so now some, me, post +1 cos l have nothing to add but approval. Easy really. :)

Yes agree all about something to read and get educated, or even a bit of fun. It's Just at time's I see a post that is of some interest to me, and look forward to the reply's. Then the next day I look and what do I find, well I have to go through load's of Icon's and Drivel to maybe get one sensible reply. Maybe I have a question then have to got through all the same rubbish yet again. At time's it's like something out of Monty Python. Then the thing I cant stand is when some peep's ask me a question that I know something about, (Not to often must admit as I'm a bit thick) I answer it, and they don't even bother to reply. Just go on, on another tangent, because they don't really want to know anyway. Another waste of time. I'm not a grouch far from it. I could put in name's but not allowed but the same one's keep cropping up over and over again. RIGHT RANT OVER. Back to the drawing board. As one poster would say Note to self be nice to TV Peep's.

Yes agree all about something to read and get educated, or even a bit of fun. It's Just at time's I see a post that is of some interest to me, and look forward to the reply's. Then the next day I look and what do I find, well I have to go through load's of Icon's and Drivel to maybe get one sensible reply. Maybe I have a question then have to got through all the same rubbish yet again. At time's it's like something out of Monty Python. Then the thing I cant stand is when some peep's ask me a question that I know something about, (Not to often must admit as I'm a bit thick) I answer it, and they don't even bother to reply. Just go on, on another tangent, because they don't really want to know anyway. Another waste of time. I'm not a grouch far from it. I could put in name's but not allowed but the same one's keep cropping up over and over again. RIGHT RANT OVER. Back to the drawing board. As one poster would say Note to self be nice to TV Peep's.

From my perspective your an OK guy. We have our discussions, perhaps disagreements but for me it's OK. ANY topic has crap and stuff must be dismissed but for sure if you have a motoring problem, between the jumble there is probably your answer. I skip stuff/info unless some resort to slagging me cos l am a Brit or l can't spell properly, so stay cool. :D

Wish there were more Pontiac tuning guys on here. :lol:

Ta why don't you open a Pontiac tread then you can put all your icon's on there, as Fredob is trying to say it's boring looking at the same silly icon time and time again.

I can change my avatar if you like, no problem. If the present is silly then l am sorry. Perhaps you can organize a vote. Could be fun. But as my user name is transam then you will have to suffer my Pontiac history and picy. :D

Pontiac thread, hmmmmmmmmmm, most are in their boxes :D so a none starter BUT l am always here to help the enthusiast. :)

Ta why don't you open a Pontiac tread then you can put all your icon's on there, as Fredob is trying to say it's boring looking at the same silly icon time and time again.

Good Idea you wont get me on it "good thing" as I know nothing about USA car's. Now if anyone want's to know about early Lotus car's I'm your man. About spelling. All I can get on my comp: (have had trouble with it) Is American, if I tap a post lot's come up underlined like Colour want's me to spell color Another is tyre must put tire Now getting used to it. But it still drive's me mad. As long as you know something of what your talking about who give's a Sh/t what your spelling/grammar is like. Oh by the way it's because not cos (JOKE)

Good Idea you wont get me on it "good thing" as I know nothing about USA car's. Now if anyone want's to know about early Lotus car's I'm your man. About spelling. All I can get on my comp: (have had trouble with it) Is American, if I tap a post lot's come up underlined like Colour want's me to spell color Another is tyre must put tire Now getting used to it. But it still drive's me mad. As long as you know something of what your talking about who give's a Sh/t what your spelling/grammar is like. Oh by the way it's because not cos (JOKE)

Same here but WE know how to spell in English when the PC says we are wrong. :D

Same here but WE know how to spell in English when the PC says we are wrong. :D

For all my Icon chum's +1