Pheu Thai: 'We Can Keep All Our Election Promises'

webfact

I didn't see any asterix's and fine print when they clearly stated raising the minimum wage to 300 baht.

Then again, why focus on 1 promise they likely wont achieve. There were plenty. Actually...the last one they will probably do.

A

• national minimum daily wage of Bt300 ($10) nationally
  • Universal medical care with patients making a co-payment of Bt30 ($1) per consultation
  • Credit cards for farmers and a guaranteed price of Bt15,000 – Bt20,000 ($488 – $651) per ton for unmilled rice
  • A moratorium for household debt up to Bt500,000 ($16,285) per household, with emphasis on debt reduction for teachers, farmers and civil servants
  • A minimum monthly salary of Bt15,000 ($500) for university graduates and a "One Tablet-PC per Child" project for school children
  • A 23.3 per cent reduction in corporate tax rates in the first year (from 30 to 20 percent) with a further 13 percent reduction in its second year to a flat 20 percent.
  • Reduced taxes for first home and first car buyers
  • A standard Bt20 (65 cent) fare for all Bangkok's mass transit rail lines (MRT)
  • High-speed rail lines linking major provincial cities in the north, northeast, east and upper south regions
  • Rural village development funds of between Bt300,000 and Bt1 million ($9,770 – $32,573) per year
  • A welfare allowance of Bt600 ($19.55) per month for citizens over 60, increasing by Bt100 ($3.20) at 70, and 80, and rising by a further Bt200 ($6.40) at 90.
  • Free Wi-Fi and Internet access in public places
  • 30km (18.8 mile) of levees to protect Bangkok and satellite towns from Gulf of Thailand tidal surges.
  • Special administrative status for Muslim provinces in the violence-plagued southern provinces
  • A war on drugs
  • Amnesty for political offenses committed since 2006

source http://photo-journ.c...eneral-election

I would say probably the last two?

jb1

You did such a great job writing out that list of promices. Is there any way to put some figures down towards the bottom on what all this is going to cost. My calculator does not have that many numbers. Oh yeh where is that list of all the things that are going to generate the revenue to pay for all this. I cant find that anywhere.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic