Sugarefree Orange Juice

Travel2003

'No added sweeteners' means.... 'no added sweeteners'. :) It does not mean 'no added sugar'. Two different products.

MALEE have changed the packaging of their long life products. They no longer claim 'no added sugar' Only the chilled products still make that claim. I'm not sure if any TIPCO brand products make that claim.

Fruit juices are allowed to have some sugar added without having to change the '100% juice' description.

Again, if it doesn't say 'no added sugar', it has added sugar.

It doesn't say artificial sweetener, it just says sweetener. Doesn't that include sugar?

If you look at the Thai version of the Tipco page, it says "no added sugar" ไม่เติมน้ำตาล

http://www.tipco.net...duct.asp?cid=13

If it has sugar, I don't understand why they wouldn't have to list it in the ingredients when every other drink does

Checked my carton of Tipco 100% OJ this morning and the list of ingredients includes sugar 10g, written in both Thai and English.

Checked my carton of Tipco 100% OJ this morning and the list of ingredients includes sugar 10g, written in both Thai and English.

As I posted earlier, price is cheaper, the colour of carton is very slightly different + now has added sugar.

As I posted earlier, price is cheaper, the colour of carton is very slightly different + now has added sugar.

I know but I was responding to the post above mine that says

If you look at the Thai version of the Tipco page, it says "no added sugar" ไม่เติมน้ำตาล

If it has sugar, I don't understand why they wouldn't have to list it in the ingredients when every other drink does

to point out that the sugar is indeed listed in the ingredients on the carton even though the website says otherwise.

'No added sweeteners' means.... 'no added sweeteners'. :) It does not mean 'no added sugar'. Two different products.

MALEE have changed the packaging of their long life products. They no longer claim 'no added sugar' Only the chilled products still make that claim. I'm not sure if any TIPCO brand products make that claim.

Fruit juices are allowed to have some sugar added without having to change the '100% juice' description.

Again, if it doesn't say 'no added sugar', it has added sugar.

It doesn't say artificial sweetener, it just says sweetener. Doesn't that include sugar?

To be fair, that could refer to Carbohydrates in the form of Sugars. Expect around 9.6grams per 100ml. So it could be referring to the naturally occurring sugars.

They claim no added sweeteners, but I'm sceptical. Only one of the listed drinks claims, "no added sugar". :)TIPCO English

Interestingly, when it comes to their chilled products they explicitly claim "no added sugar" as opposed to "no added sweeteners" with the long life products..

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Re: drinking fruit juice if there is a concern for sugar. One tip I received was to dilute the juice with 50% water to reduce the sugar spike to your system. Granted the first few times you do it, you may feel like it is too weak. However, after a short time it "becomes" tasty and the full strength begins to feel too strong.

It's BS that the 100% fruit juices contain added sugar (or corn syrup). If you added sugar to grape juice it would probably make you puke because it's already naturally packed with fructose. Some posters here clearly don't know the difference between ingredients and nutritional information.

It's BS that the 100% fruit juices contain added sugar (or corn syrup). If you added sugar to grape juice it would probably make you puke because it's already naturally packed with fructose. Some posters here clearly don't know the difference between ingredients and nutritional information.

You simply know nothing of what you write..