Candida Cleansing

JohnLee

"Hydrogen peroxide is naturally produced in organisms as a by-product of oxidative metabolism. Nearly all living things (specifically, all obligate and facultative aerobes) possess enzymes known as catalyse peroxidases, which harmlessly and catalytically decompose low concentrations of hydrogen peroxide to water and oxygen."

http://en.wikipedia....drogen_peroxide

No idea where you get the idea H202 would NOT release oxygen into the digestive system.

Any references?

Standard chemistry, taught all over the world.

it's an oxidising agent, each molecule has only one atom of oxygen, the gas oxygen has 2! It's like saying Bleach is like salt. In addition, h2o2 would never reach the large intestine, it would hit the stomach first. It's the oxidising properties of both that give them their disinfectant qualities, but only in sufficient concentrations as to be hazardous to anyone ingesting them

BTW in the blood, haemoglobin is responsible for transporting oxygen, it is the essential limiting factor. , The contents of the colon are essentially anaerobic, and necessarily so, even with saturated oxyhaemoglobin, there will be no effect on the colon contents.

Maybe read this?

Enough, we will never agree so why not stop?

First of all that link has nothing to do with H202. Why offer such a vague and obtuse link?

Second. The H202 protocol is to consume the solution on an empty stomach which would quickly get the solution to the small intestine. The properties of the chyme and bacterial environment of the small intestine would have an effect on what happens in the large intestine. Any evidence to the contrary?

Where is it ever concluded that only the large intestine is the domain of fungi and yeast? Excluded the small intestine?

Third your trying to limit H202 effects to oxidation and side stepping the enzyme reaction of peroxidation.

Have you changed your position already from H202 therapy is wildly dangerous to now it's benign and doesn't do anything?

Aren't there a lot of parameters that would affect this analysis?

Beginning H202 solution strength?

Purity of water medium to avoid early reaction with suspended organic particles?

length of time from H202 addition to water before consumption?

Resulting PPM strength of consumed solution?

Stomach contents?

Frequency of doses?

Duration of doses?

I notice the protocol of doses begin a few drops and progress to up to 20 drops. I was in error about the doses only being 1 or 2 drops. That was a starting level.

I am agnostic on whether H202 is effective for XYZ but unsupported close minded opinions offer little insight.

There is a heck of a lot of research at Pubmed on H202. It's a lot to sort thru and much of it over my technical level.

Still it's a very interesting subject and I am challenged to understand why it works for a lot of people.

'

OK here you go again Do you actually read what I say or just adapt it? I'm not willing to enter into a futile argument on issues I did not raise. You make assertions then expect me to provide evidence to the contrary. So here goes.mon'I think there is a flying spaghetti monster that is responsible for all creation, any evidence to the contrary?'. Can you see the fallacy in your position? Assertions have to be justified with validated evidence

This is truly boring and non scientific. I' m stopping and will let you just ramble on with your unscientific claptrap. Cheerio

Try to convince the world of your view of the large intestine. I don't care.

I will not repsond any more, I have more interesting things to do, like cutting my toenails

Paging Dr Moe; paging Dr Larry; paging doctor Curly.....:rolleyes: Never realized there were so many doctors on TV.

Paging Dr Google...

Thank you Sheryl for an spot on post which most seem to have ignored, forging full-speed ahead in their bid to provide the OP with the best misinformation available today.

Hopefully the OP won't pay them more attention than they deserve.

BTW: Seems like most "ailments" on the internet today have the same symptoms. And, whata shocker, all the websites about them just happen to sell something to cure it. Usually a handy pill or powder that does not require one to change diet or modify lifestyle.

Paging Dr Moe; paging Dr Larry; paging doctor Curly.....:rolleyes: Never realized there were so many doctors on TV.

Paging Dr Google...

Thank you Sheryl for an spot on post which most seem to have ignored, forging full-speed ahead in their bid to provide the OP with the best misinformation available today.

BTW: Seems like most "ailments" on the internet today have the same symptoms. And, whata shocker, all the websites about them just happen to sell something to cure it. Usually a handy pill or powder that does not require one to change diet or modify lifestyle.

laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

Agree with this but isn't that our fault for seeking 'magic bullets'?

Misleading Marketing is a fact of life, whether mainstream or alternative. It's called the 'Free market' and part of the capitalist system. I would be wary of a system that regulates everything.

A positive Candida diagnosis can be very difficult to obtain and I'm not sure any labs in Chiang Mai are equipped to test for it (but I may be wrong there). I used a German laboratory who sent me a swab and sample kit that I sent back to them and results were with me in a couple of weeks. Turns out that I had aspergillus niger in the gut and not candida, but symptoms were almost identical and as they're both fungi, treatment is the same.

I took the following every day based on their purported anti-fungal properties:

Garlic (be careful because it's high in sulphur and may upset your stomach)

Turmeric

Extra virgin coconut oil by the teaspoon (available at Rimping, Aden Shop and others)

Apple Cider Vingear (Rimping, Aden etc)

Neem powder (available from the Indian stall at Warorot Market

Houttuynia Cordata a.k.a. Yaa Plu Kao (available in capsules from the shop at the Vegetarian Society on Mahidol Road and also from Aden I think and maybe from Suan Pak)

Asiatic Pennywort (you can buy the raw herb from markets)

Pysillum Husk (GNC have it)

I wouldn't trust colloidal silver because it's very overpriced here and as there's little in the way of quality control in Thailand, you have absolutely no way of guaranteeing its potency or PPM.

Additionally I followed a rigid diet alkaline-based diet (fungi thrive in an acidic environment) with no fruit, very few carbohydrates (and then only complex ones) and lots and lots of vegetables. I don't eat meat or dairy anyway but since these both promote acidity in the body, they are best kept to small quantities. Nuts (except peanuts) are okay but avoid buying them by the kilo from markets where they've been sat and had chance to develop mold.

Hope all that helps.

Fascinating post. Can you say what made you send off for a test? You didn't actually say if it worked or how long it took. I think with such a strict regime you've cured every ailment you've had.

You also seem to have decided on a kitchen-sink approach. i.e. thrown everything at it. Was this your own idea?

Pennywort is used a lot by the massage ladies. It's also known as 'Bua Bok'. They sell the leaves and bottled juice, sweetened, in local markets. Thais also eat alongside their meals.

Yaa Plu Kao is not in my Thai Herbal. I read now it's used in TCM and is a gardeners nightmare. So, I'll resist planting it.

Neem is easy to find by the road. Grab some leaves dry them out, put them in your coffee grinder and bob's your uncle. Likewise Turmeric Root. I know someone who used Neem to replace their Warfarin. The Thai Doctor, to my surprise, approved. But you DO need work with your Doctor. Since Warfarin is rat poison I know which option I would go for. :o

I sent for a test because I'd spent a fortune already on gastroenterologists who weren't able to come up with anything better than "You've got IBS, live with it".

My approach to the problem, once I had a firm diagnosis, was based on information gleaned from candida sites and forums. There aren't many sites dedicated to aspergillus niger itself, since this is a mold that tends to effect the lungs rather than the digestive system and is actually more prevalent in animals. However, on the basis that they are similar pathogens, an anti-candida regime seemed appropriate.

Anyway, things got better for a while but then reverted back a while later. It wasn't until I removed myself completely from the damp environment that Chiang Mai presents that I experienced relief for any significant period of time.

My guess is that fungal-related illnesses are probably much more common than we realise in Westerners who've chosen to live here; we just haven't had the advantage of our bodies adjusting to the humidity gradually like the locals have. I remember once pulling a shirt that I hadn't worn for a few months out of a wardrobe and seeing mold spores on it and thinking that it was no wonder I'd gotten mold in my body.

Paging Dr Google...

laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

WOW! A TV member who can take a poke and laugh about it! How refreshing.

I need to think of some kind of special award and nominate you for it.

Paging Dr Google...

laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

WOW! A TV member who can take a poke and laugh about it! How refreshing.

I need to think of some kind of special award and nominate you for it.

?? Think you've got the wrong guy, I'm the one who doubts most or all or these so called remedies I think Sheryl was pretty accurate. so was the guy that suggested, if the OP really has Candida, taking Nystatin ( hopefully under medical supervision). ( BTW you don't have to be a medic to know about microbiology!!)

I'm really getting bored now, back to cutting my toenails ( none left soon!)

A positive Candida diagnosis can be very difficult to obtain and I'm not sure any labs in Chiang Mai are equipped to test for it (but I may be wrong there). I used a German laboratory who sent me a swab and sample kit that I sent back to them and results were with me in a couple of weeks. Turns out that I had aspergillus niger in the gut and not candida, but symptoms were almost identical and as they're both fungi, treatment is the same.

I took the following every day based on their purported anti-fungal properties:

Garlic (be careful because it's high in sulphur and may upset your stomach)

Turmeric

Extra virgin coconut oil by the teaspoon (available at Rimping, Aden Shop and others)

Apple Cider Vingear (Rimping, Aden etc)

Neem powder (available from the Indian stall at Warorot Market

Houttuynia Cordata a.k.a. Yaa Plu Kao (available in capsules from the shop at the Vegetarian Society on Mahidol Road and also from Aden I think and maybe from Suan Pak)

Asiatic Pennywort (you can buy the raw herb from markets)

Pysillum Husk (GNC have it)

I wouldn't trust colloidal silver because it's very overpriced here and as there's little in the way of quality control in Thailand, you have absolutely no way of guaranteeing its potency or PPM.

Additionally I followed a rigid diet alkaline-based diet (fungi thrive in an acidic environment) with no fruit, very few carbohydrates (and then only complex ones) and lots and lots of vegetables. I don't eat meat or dairy anyway but since these both promote acidity in the body, they are best kept to small quantities. Nuts (except peanuts) are okay but avoid buying them by the kilo from markets where they've been sat and had chance to develop mold.

Hope all that helps.

Fascinating post. Can you say what made you send off for a test? You didn't actually say if it worked or how long it took. I think with such a strict regime you've cured every ailment you've had.

You also seem to have decided on a kitchen-sink approach. i.e. thrown everything at it. Was this your own idea?

Pennywort is used a lot by the massage ladies. It's also known as 'Bua Bok'. They sell the leaves and bottled juice, sweetened, in local markets. Thais also eat alongside their meals.

Yaa Plu Kao is not in my Thai Herbal. I read now it's used in TCM and is a gardeners nightmare. So, I'll resist planting it.

Neem is easy to find by the road. Grab some leaves dry them out, put them in your coffee grinder and bob's your uncle. Likewise Turmeric Root. I know someone who used Neem to replace their Warfarin. The Thai Doctor, to my surprise, approved. But you DO need work with your Doctor. Since Warfarin is rat poison I know which option I would go for. :o

I sent for a test because I'd spent a fortune already on gastroenterologists who weren't able to come up with anything better than "You've got IBS, live with it".

My approach to the problem, once I had a firm diagnosis, was based on information gleaned from candida sites and forums. There aren't many sites dedicated to aspergillus niger itself, since this is a mold that tends to effect the lungs rather than the digestive system and is actually more prevalent in animals. However, on the basis that they are similar pathogens, an anti-candida regime seemed appropriate.

Anyway, things got better for a while but then reverted back a while later. It wasn't until I removed myself completely from the damp environment that Chiang Mai presents that I experienced relief for any significant period of time.

My guess is that fungal-related illnesses are probably much more common than we realise in Westerners who've chosen to live here; we just haven't had the advantage of our bodies adjusting to the humidity gradually like the locals have. I remember once pulling a shirt that I hadn't worn for a few months out of a wardrobe and seeing mold spores on it and thinking that it was no wonder I'd gotten mold in my body.

Lorddude

Something else cheap and locally available you might want to play with is Sodium Tetraborate. Often just called Sodium Borate or it's commercial name Borax.

DO NOT CONFUSE BORAX WITH BORIC ACID!

DO NOT TAKE BORIC ACID IN PLACE OF BORAX!

It's used extensively in many industries like agriculture, mfg and pharmaceuticals to control mold, yeasts and fungi.

It can be used a few different ways.

Can soak with it in the bath water or foot bath.

Can use it as an additive to your laundry detergent (some use it as their only household detergent). This would provide a low but fairly constant transdermal dose.

Body soap in a water solution

With a food grade Sodium Tetraborate a small amount can be added to drinking water supplies.

Food grade Sodium Tetraborate can be obtained at medical supply houses in Thailand. It costs about 500 baht for 500 grams powder.

The less pure grades for agriculture etc are dirt cheap. A huge sack of the stuff is maybe 100 baht. I don't think the Borax brand detergent is available in Thailand. It is reported to be quite pure.

Sodium Borate is also used as a preservative in many cutting edge pharmaceutical drugs like Gardasil

"What are the ingredients in GARDASIL?

The ingredients are proteins of HPV Types 6, 11, 16, and 18, amorphous aluminum hydroxyphosphate

sulfate, yeast protein, sodium chloride, L-histidine, polysorbate 80, sodium borate, and water for injection. "

Note: many detractors of the Gardasil vaccine point out that Sodium Borate is used as a pesticide. This is true as it kills ants and other select critters who eat it. Of course it also kills some yeasts, fungi and molds species.

My guess is if its okay to inject into your veins then its probably okay for bathing, laundry, water treatment etc.

Gardasil Info

Sodium Borate wiki

Might be something to play with and see if your cocktail of fungi respond to it.

There are a lot of problematic fungi in Thailand agriculture. Many crops like Onions, Peanuts etc have no business being grown in SEA but they douse them with commercial fungicides to prevent damage. Those high exposures could be problematic for humans over time if it changes the immune system or evolves more aggressive fungi species.

Other potential natural anti fungals include

Tea Tree Oil

Cinnamon, oil and extracts

Neem (as mentioned before)

Jojoba oil

Rosemary oil

Garlic

Likewise, the idea that candida overgrowth in the gut or elsewhere in the body causes a multitude of vague symptoms is totally unfounded. Candida is normally present in small amounts in some parts of the body, and is harmless. It may overgrow if the other bacteria that normally keep it in check are wiped out (commonly occurs with antibiotics) at which point it causes annoying things like thrush in the mouth or vaginitis. Still doesn't cause the long list of symptoms that several fad books aqnd web sites (most of them selling something) have attributed to it. In immunsuppressed people, such overgrowth can occur even without antibiotics. Candida in the blood stream (candidal sepsis) is virtually nonexistant in immunocompetent persons and is a life threatening condition.

Sheryl, I'm sorry but your argument is based on your support for western medicine's denial that gastric or systemic candidiasis is a genuine medical condition and, as history indicates, there are plenty of time when western medicine just doesn't get it right.

I did have a long list of ailments and I was given a positive diagnosis for mold in the stomach (by, I might add, a company not selling or promoting cures or treatments) and, after more than 5 years of suffering with it, I finally cured myself by leaving behind the damp air of Chiang Mai. I agree that the internet is awash with quackery but here in the real world I've met others who've suffered from systemic mold/fungal infections and have also had them positively confirmed by independent sources.

Yet another flamefest has been deleted in its entirety.

As this thread seems to lead to little else it is now closed.

Posters should note that some of the substances advocated (e.g. hydrogen peroxide and borax) are dangerous if taken internally altthough they have many good topical applications. Very minute amounts well diluted may be safe but please, if you intend to go that route, be sure you carefully research first and know what "adequately diluted" means. And, of course, the various claims made for the internal use of hydrigen peroxide in thise thread have not been scientifically proven and in some cases run contrary top known science (i.e. the idea that hydrogen peroxide would yield oxygen into the small or large intestine, when in fact it would immediately react with the HCL in the stomach, mainly yielding water and chlorine: 2HCL + H2O2 ---> 2H2O + 2 CL)