True Visions Ubc Changed Channels

nikster

I have UBC Gold + HD. For a while now, my HD channels weren't working anymore. Not sure how long, I don't watch that much TV.

Finally called customer service, and, indeed True shuffled channels, and the lady on the phone guided me through re-scanning the channels. Which I would have done myself but True password-protected that function on my box, I suppose they like hearing from their customers.

FYI - it's kind of weird such a change would require every customer to call in, but there you go...

When I originally got TrueVisions Digital Satellite TV (DSTV) (i.e., uses a dish) the manual that came with my TrueVisions set top box which was an ADB model identified the password of 2321. Different model boxes have different passwords. When switching to TrueVisions Cable TV (CATV) about a month ago (also signed up for cable internet) they gave me an ADB model set top box that externally looked just like the DSTV ADB box but is programmed for cable TV reception (frequency range used by DSTV and CATV is a little different). Anyway, I got two CATV boxes, neither box came with a manual, we asked the tech where is the manual, and he said they don't come with manuals anymore, but the Installation Password was the same as the DSTV ADB box (i.e., 2321).

Anyway, when going to the MAIN MENU, 4 SETUP, 3 INSTALLATION, CHECK PASSWORD (enter the password here), INSTALLATION, 1 MANUAL TUNING, and then go directly to "APPLY THESE SETTINGS," this will rescan the channels (only takes a few seconds) and this adds any new channels that should be there.

A TrueVisions web link exists that will walk you through this process for all the different TrueVisions set top boxes. Go to this Problem Solving From Relocation Channels link and then click the For Primary Problem Solving link just above the channel list.

Normally channels are automatically added/updated properly like the HD channel adds which occurred recently on 12 July 11, but sometimes it don't work right and requires the Manual Tuning as mentioned above. On the morning of 12 July I saw all the new HD channels were indeed added automatically but the channel sequence in relation to the channel name, especially on the RS (Reserved) channels, did not match. So, I ran the Manual Tuning (took about 2 seconds) as mentioned above for my particular set top box and problem solved....I then just rearranged/moved around a few channel numbers to my liking...good until the next channels add/update.