Pheu Thai Prodding EC To Endorse Red Shirts

webfact

Pheu Thai prodding EC to endorse red shirts

By The Nation

The Pheu Thai Party on Wednesday heaved a sign of relief following the endorsement of balloting outcome for its prime ministerial candidate Yingluck Shinawatra.

"The Election Commission should take a next step by endorsing Pheu Thai's 11 red shirts as MPs," party deputy leader Plodprasop Suraswadi said.

Plodprasop said the EC had no justification to delay the balloting endorsement. Unlike other red shirts, MPs-elect like Apiwan Wiriyachai and Jaruphan Kuldilok were not facing any legal proceedings, he said.

He urged the EC to speed up its work so as to fill 95 per cent of seats and achieve the quorum for convening the first session of the House of Representatives.

In another development, Plodprasop said a group of Pheu Thai MPs will on July 26 attend the birthday party of ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra in Bali, Indonesia.

He said the planned trip was private without linkage to the party.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-20

MFA to Liaise with Indonesian Authorities on Thaksin's Scheduled Birthday Party in Bali

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has revealed that it will contact Indonesian authorities after learning that former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is scheduled to host a birthday party on July 26 at the resort town of Bali in Indonesian. Thai authorities will explain that Thaksin is wanted for a two year sentence from Thai courts and is considered a fugitive.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-07-20

footer_n.gif

OK!! so two of the 11 aren't facing legal proceedings. That means that 9 are and the 2 that are not must have done something dubious in their electioneering to prevent them from being endorsed by now.

The planned visit by a bunch of Pheu Thai's will vist Thaksin in Bali for his birthday - this is unconnected and has no linkage to the party, mmmhhh!!!! As another source states "he is still a fugitive" (on the run from Thailand). The whole thing becomes more and more unbelievable by the day, just who are they trying to kid??:)

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

OK!! so two of the 11 aren't facing legal proceedings. That means that 9 are and the 2 that are not must have done something dubious in their electioneering to prevent them from being endorsed by now.

The planned visit by a bunch of Pheu Thai's will vist Thaksin in Bali for his birthday - this is unconnected and has no linkage to the party, mmmhhh!!!! As another source states "he is still a fugitive" (on the run from Thailand). The whole thing becomes more and more unbelievable by the day, just who are they trying to kid??:)

Ah yes but you forgot. Taksin doesn't consider himself a fugitive, - so it doesn't matter. Wonder if the birthday cake will have a file hidden inside.

Ah yes but you forgot. Taksin doesn't consider himself a fugitive, - so it doesn't matter. Wonder if the birthday cake will have a file hidden inside.

Whether he does or does not doesn't come into it as its what the courts of Thailand have decided that counts.

They certainly know that they take NO risk in doing so, and that their party, as well as elected MP and soon to be PM will face NO consequences. It becomes more and more obvious that 1) Taksin runs the country 2)There will be no legal attempt to prevent it from happening 3)Lots of official talk a lot, make noise about this matter, but no action is taken or will be taken. 4) Once again, law will simply be ignored

They certainly know that they take NO risk in doing so, and that their party, as well as elected MP and soon to be PM will face NO consequences. It becomes more and more obvious that 1) Taksin runs the country 2)There will be no legal attempt to prevent it from happening 3)Lots of official talk a lot, make noise about this matter, but no action is taken or will be taken. 4) Once again, law will simply be ignored

I don't think so.

Thaksin is starting to lose his popularity and hold on PT as a whole. His sister will bungle everything on account of her inexperience and abundance of useless MP's surrounding her that haven't got a clue about what it takes to be an MP.

Just as I predicted, they would come to regret all of these "sweetener" pre-election promises that they don't have a hope of implementing as they are simply unaffordable and will be the death nell for SEM companies and the tourist industry. It may not have escaped you that there are louder and louder stirrings of dissatisfaction at their backtracking on literally all of their policies. The warnings given by industry and business leaders were not heeded and this will come back to haunt them in the near future.

She may not last as long as Brian Clough did at Leeds (44 days I think). Her followers have shown what spirit they have and will fight for their cause - I bet she never expected that her worshippers might turn against her but this is what I think will happen unless she is a magician and someone provides her with a hat and a white rabbit!!!

Alas Khun Yingluck, I fear for you (no wonder she was a bit apprehensive about taking on this task) - she should have stuck to her initial feelings about this and kept out of politics!!!

I don't think so.

Thaksin is starting to lose his popularity and hold on PT as a whole. His sister will bungle everything on account of her inexperience and abundance of useless MP's surrounding her that haven't got a clue about what it takes to be an MP.

Just as I predicted, they would come to regret all of these "sweetener" pre-election promises that they don't have a hope of implementing as they are simply unaffordable and will be the death nell for SEM companies and the tourist industry. It may not have escaped you that there are louder and louder stirrings of dissatisfaction at their backtracking on literally all of their policies. The warnings given by industry and business leaders were not heeded and this will come back to haunt them in the near future.

She may not last as long as Brian Clough did at Leeds (44 days I think). Her followers have shown what spirit they have and will fight for their cause - I bet she never expected that her worshippers might turn against her but this is what I think will happen unless she is a magician and someone provides her with a hat and a white rabbit!!!

Alas Khun Yingluck, I fear for you (no wonder she was a bit apprehensive about taking on this task) - she should have stuck to her initial feelings about this and kept out of politics!!!

How do you justify saying that Thaksin is losing his popularity and hold on PT and that his sisters inexperience is an impediment to a PT government?

It is normal that warnings appear after any change of ruling party from those "business leaders" whose interests are understandably not the same as those of the voters

Have you ever thought about keeping out of politics which, as an alien, are none of your concern? Your predictions are no more valuable than the opinions of the self-glorified Brian Clough

I don't think so.

How do you justify saying that Thaksin is losing his popularity and hold on PT and that his sisters inexperience is an impediment to a PT government?

It is normal that warnings appear after any change of ruling party from those "business leaders" whose interests are understandably not the same as those of the voters

Have you ever thought about keeping out of politics which, as an alien, are none of your concern? Your predictions are no more valuable than the opinions of the self-glorified Brian Clough

A recent poll carried out after the election implied that two thirds of those polled didn't want him to come back to Thailand. His exile is going to prevent or at best minimise his involvement or supposed control of PT (according to article 97 of the constitution) which is effectively the laws of the land as far as the governing of the country is concerned, he is not allowed to interfere in matters anyway whilst suspended from politics.

You will agree. I'm sure, that plunging someone into the deep end is fraught with danger and doing this for such a powerful and responsible job is never a good idea which is why she is not a suitable candidate in any way shape or form for prime minister. Buiseness'es were showing massive concerns about the populist policies of all the major parties (but PT in particular) BEFORE the election and this has put Yingluck in one hell of a dilemma now as the people (mugs who voted for her) are saying 'where is our 300 baht minimum wage' whereas industry and business are pleading with her not to introduce it and most of her policies all at once but to instead, bring them in gradually as and when they can be afforded. Now what has Yingluck decided to do?? Bring it on baby!! which has dismayed and alarmed the very same people that employ and provide for the nation's wealth.

I'm not in politics my friend - I'm just commenting on your misguided views.

I moved to Thailand from England ie: I wasn't beamed down from Mars and on account of my being domiciled in Thailand I'm afraid that is my concern and business to follow what happens in the political world despite the fact that I cannot vote

I agree that Brian Clough was self-opinionated, self-glorified, and many other things but he could sure as hell get the best out of a football team (well that is those that listened to him and his ideas) that is!!!

MFA to Liaise with Indonesian Authorities on Thaksin's Scheduled Birthday Party in Bali

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has revealed that it will contact Indonesian authorities after learning that former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is scheduled to host a birthday party on July 26 at the resort town of Bali in Indonesian. Thai authorities will explain that Thaksin is wanted for a two year sentence from Thai courts and is considered a fugitive.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-07-20

footer_n.gif

It would seem the PT propaganda minister is writing news articles now.

Bali is a island there is no city called Bali. Indonesian is not a place it is a adverb.

The article should have read on the Island of Bali in Indonesia.

The article was written with the same care and attention that the PT wrote their promises.

And I thought the Nation was bad.

As for the EC being prodded by red shirts well the red shirts do tend to think of themselves as gods.

I don't think so.

An alien may not be able to vote but to say politics in Thailand are "none of your concern" shows how uninformed you are. Any foreigner living in Thailand has to abide by the laws of the country which are passed by politicians. They are also affected by the economic circumstances of the country which are partly a consequence of politicians actions. Even though I don't live in Thailand at the moment it still affects me in terms of exchange rates and the fact I have to pay my gf money so she can buy land for us to live on but we cannot own as a couple. Lastly of course it all affects my gf so it is a concern of mine. You might like to try thinking before you start all of the "it's nothing to do with you foreigners" ranting.

Sorry about that but sometimes people need to be told the facts. I think I'll go to bed now.

Election Panel Urged to Endorse Red-Shirt MPs-Elect

Core leader of the red-shirt group and Pheu Thai Party MP-elect Nuttawut Saikuea says his group is considering further moves, as the Electoral Commission is still withholding the endorsement of MP status for red-shirt elected candidates.

Nuttawut Saikuea, a Pheu Thai party-list MP-elect and a core leader of the red-shirt Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship, voiced disappointment over the delay in the endorsement of MP status for red-shirt MP-elects, and said he will speak with his group about what action to take should the Election Commission fail to endorse the red-shirt candidates within 30 days.

Nuttawut noted that seven of the twelve red-shirt candidates who have yet to have their MP status endoresed are not serving jail term, and some did not even face prosecution, and so they cannot be stripped of their party membership.

He claimed to have been told by foreign diplomats that they do not understand what the election panel is doing.

Meanwhile, Pheu Thai party-list MP Khattiyaa Sawasdipol expressed confidence that all red-shirt MP-elects will be endorsed, as there are still ten days before a crucial deadline.

According to the Constitution, Parliament must convene its first session within 30 days after the General Election day.

She also voiced support for red-shirt MPs to be appointed to ministerial posts and does not expect they will become the Cabinet's weakness.

Yesterday, soon to be Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said she's happy that her MP status has been endorsed as she can now officially start her work.

However, the Pheu Thai top party-list MP said she will wait until the rest of her party's MPs, including the 12 red-shirt leaders, have their status endorsed before reporting for duty at Parliament.

Yingluck insisted she will not pressure the poll panel, which she believes is considering the endorsements in a fair manner.

She reiterated that she will not form the Cabinet until the endorsement process is complete, but she will invite coalition partners to discuss policies in the meantime.

Yingluck said she particularly wants to push forward the proposal for the daily minimum wage to be increased to 300 baht, considering that wages have not increased in line with rising inflation.

She has agreed to talks with the private sector and relevant agencies about the impact of the wage hike.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-07-21

footer_n.gif

Natthawut reminds EC of deadline to endorse 12 reds

Pheu Thai MP-elect and red leader Natthawut Saikua has reminded the Election Commission to endorse the balloting outcome of 12 red shirts within the 30-day deadline.

"The EC should work in a straightforward manner so as to enable the country to advance forward," he said, hinting about repercussions from delayed endorsement for the 12 red shirts.

Natthawut said he could not see the justification for EC chairman Apichart Sukhagganond to form a panel last Thursday to scrutinise the red shirts' qualifications.

had even reapplied for the Pheu Thai banner after being granted bail, he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-21

EC to deliberate on 11 reds, except Jatuporn

The Election Commission is scheduled Thursday for deliberation on the balloting outcome of 130 MPs-elect, including 11 red shirts.

Today's deliberation will focus on the 11, except MP-elect Jatuporn Promphan who is under remand and has yet to give his statement on legal technicalities related to his qualifications to hold office.

Thus far the EC has endorsed the votes for 370 MPs in two separate batches and ordered two revotes in Nong Khai and Sukhothai.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-21

Related topic:

Election Commission To Deliberate On 11 Red Shirts, Except Jatuporn

Foreign Affairs Ministry to Thwart Thaksin from Birthday Party in Bali

The Foreign Affairs Ministry has vowed to urge Indonesia to block former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra from holding his 62nd birthday party in the famous tourist island of Bali.

The Deputy Spokesperson to the Foreign Affairs Ministry Chetsada Katawetin has revealed that his ministry will seek cooperation with Indonesia to thwart ousted former Premier Thaksin Shinawatra from entering Indonesia and attending his 62nd birthday party in Bali.

The move came after a report claimed he is scheduled to hold a birthday party on July 26 in Bali, Indonesia.

But Chetsada noted that it's difficult to arrest Thaksin, as many of his trips, such as his trip to Brunei, were secretly organized.

Meanwhile, Thakin's legal adviser Noppadon Pattama denied the birthday party rumor.

He said Thaksin will only spend time with his children and pay respect to Buddha images somwhere far from Thailand and Asia.

Noppadon added that Thaksin will not be in Dubai either over the next week, so those who want to meet him will be disappointed.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-07-21

footer_n.gif

I don't think so.

People like you predicted that Mr. Thaksin would be a spent force years ago. They were wrong, he regained some of his popularity.

People like you predicted that the soon to be PM Yingluck would run a poor campaign. They were wrong, she ran a solid campaign and won the election.

People like you predicted the collapse of the financial markets if the PTP won the election. they were wrong, the markets strengthened.

People like you claim one day that a PTP victory will be the death knell for tourism and industry, but will claim on another day that businesses will run roughshod over the populace. Which doomsday scenario is it? For the sake of consistency, please pick one.

You now predict that her "worshippers" will turn against her. Well, in politics, the electorate is allowed to change its voting intentions. SHould the electorate dislike the PTP policies it can vote the PTP out of office. That is not something the electorate had a chance to do last time because of the illegal military coup d'etat.

Mme. Yingluck has not even been sworn into office or named ministers or announced final implementation strategies for policies and yet you pass judgement.

How about you take a deep breath, sit back and see what happens without the cathartic release of anxiety? So far the investment markets reacted favourably to the PTP victory. key trading parties and allies have expressed their support and more importantly, many of the presumed opponents of former PM Thaksin have either already met with the gentleman or sent their emissaries to discuss the situation. Many of the issues were decided upon two years ago. If you think everything is happening all of a sudden, you haven't been keeping a close eye on the comings and goings of Thailand's "special" people.

Pheu Thai MP-elect and red leader Natthawut Saikua has reminded the Election Commission to endorse the balloting outcome of 12 red shirts within the 30-day deadline.

"The EC should work in a straightforward manner so as to enable the country to advance forward," he said, hinting about repercussions from delayed endorsement for the 12 red shirts.

Natthawut said he could not see the justification for EC chairman Apichart Sukhagganond to form a panel last Thursday to scrutinise the red shirts' qualifications.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-21

'Reprocussions'?! &lt;deleted&gt;, common criminals and accessories to arson threatening menaces unless they are confirmed as MP's. I don't think the title of world's oldest fledgling democracy is under any threat whatsoever. <_<

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-21

'Reprocussions'?! &lt;deleted&gt;, common criminals and accessories to arson threatening menaces unless they are confirmed as MP's. I don't think the title of world's oldest fledgling democracy is under any threat whatsoever. <_<

The problem (accepting possibly Jatuporn) is in the detail. The EC accepted their candidacy accepting them as qualified to stand. Now they are saying they may not be qualified to stand in the first place, but they accepted they were originally. This is why even the Nation editor described it as "mind boggling". Anyway it seems highly likely that all or nearly all of them bar possibly Jatuporn which is a somewhat different case will be seated.

I don't think so.

People like you predicted that Mr. Thaksin would be a spent force years ago. They were wrong, he regained some of his popularity.

People like you predicted that the soon to be PM Yingluck would run a poor campaign. They were wrong, she ran a solid campaign and won the election.

People like you predicted the collapse of the financial markets if the PTP won the election. they were wrong, the markets strengthened.

People like you claim one day that a PTP victory will be the death knell for tourism and industry, but will claim on another day that businesses will run roughshod over the populace. Which doomsday scenario is it? For the sake of consistency, please pick one.

You now predict that her "worshippers" will turn against her. Well, in politics, the electorate is allowed to change its voting intentions. SHould the electorate dislike the PTP policies it can vote the PTP out of office. That is not something the electorate had a chance to do last time because of the illegal military coup d'etat.

Mme. Yingluck has not even been sworn into office or named ministers or announced final implementation strategies for policies and yet you pass judgement.

How about you take a deep breath, sit back and see what happens without the cathartic release of anxiety? So far the investment markets reacted favourably to the PTP victory. key trading parties and allies have expressed their support and more importantly, many of the presumed opponents of former PM Thaksin have either already met with the gentleman or sent their emissaries to discuss the situation. Many of the issues were decided upon two years ago. If you think everything is happening all of a sudden, you haven't been keeping a close eye on the comings and goings of Thailand's "special" people.

Well you have hit on some good points others you made up

Thaksin has not regained his popularity he bought it.

Yes you are right the electorate is allowed to change their voting intentions.

I doubt that they will. The reality is they will still want all of the promises the PT gave them. The PT is the ones who have changed their promises.

Yes Yingluck ran a solid campaign wild promise and no information on how to make them happen. Refuse to git in to a debate where she would be blown away. Yes that is a solid campaign. Not a honest one but solid.

It is all rhetoric now they are in and as you say sit back and watch the show.

Now if I was to predict the future I would maybe base it on a you say a parade of visitors to see the pay master. What would happen if he suddenly went broke?

Maybe you did not make them up you just decided to hold back information that would take away from your view of Thaksin being a hero.

I don't think so.

Well you have hit on some good points others you made up

Thaksin has not regained his popularity he bought it.

Yes you are right the electorate is allowed to change their voting intentions.

I doubt that they will. The reality is they will still want all of the promises the PT gave them. The PT is the ones who have changed their promises.

Yes Yingluck ran a solid campaign wild promise and no information on how to make them happen. Refuse to git in to a debate where she would be blown away. Yes that is a solid campaign. Not a honest one but solid.

It is all rhetoric now they are in and as you say sit back and watch the show.

Now if I was to predict the future I would maybe base it on a you say a parade of visitors to see the pay master. What would happen if he suddenly went broke?

Maybe you did not make them up you just decided to hold back information that would take away from your view of Thaksin being a hero.

I have made nothing up.

Do you deny that Thaksin is more popular now than he was several years ago? People's disdain and anger dissipated with time. That is a typical scenario. It was reflected in the polling and it was reflected in the election result.

Do you deny that the Thai bourse strengthened subsequent to the election result? There was no meltdown of financial markets following the election. The baht has not collapsed, nor have there been any negative announcements from foreign investors.

Do you deny that various presumed opponents of Thaksin have either met or sent emissaries to meet with him? I can assure you that one of the ladies was not in need of a payoff but did so because of her love for the country and a desire that reconciliation take place. use your friend Google and read some of the foreign press and journal articles. I cannot name names because of forum rules on certain subjects. The Nation has already referenced a presumed meeting with the former head of the army that was implicated in the coup. Do not assume that the meetings were held for profit. The meetings were intended to find a way out of the mess, to broker peace and to get Thailand back on its feet. There are people in Thailand that do care about the nation's future and if it means dealing with a man like Thaksin they will do so.

Show me where I made up something. And here's a tip. Don't make the false claim that Mr. Thaksin is my hero. He is not. You and some other sore losers have this need to label anyone that sees the big picture and the need to break the logjam as a blind devotee of the former PM. Sooner or later more revelations will eventually appear in the local papers. Keep an eye onthe month of December. It is the last chance Mr. Thaksin has to sort out his legal problems.

I take it that all those criticising the PTP and red leaders for applying pressure to the EC will also be criticising Tul for his threats to take all forms of legal action against the EC if they dare seat Jatuporn.

I for one didn't think the PTP should have put pressure on the EC. Nor do I think Tul should be making threats against them, which I think is every bit as bad, or even worse, than demonstrations outside their building. Let the EC do their job. If you don't like what they've come up with, then use the court system, and let the judges decide. But don't make threats, just do it if you feel it is called for.

I take it that all those criticising the PTP and red leaders for applying pressure to the EC will also be criticising Tul for his threats to take all forms of legal action against the EC if they dare seat Jatuporn.

Taking "Legal Action" is just that legal recourse for a perceived grievance.

What the Red Shirts are indicating is public unrest and intimidation of the EC.

Not even slightly the same thing.

Do you deny that the Thai bourse strengthened subsequent to the election result?

Actually, the SET is around the same level now, as it was in Apr 2011. :whistling:

Key word I used was SUBSEQUENT.

Thai stocks on Monday skyrocketed, rising 4.7% with a trading turnover of Bt63,110 million after the opposition Pheu Thai Party won Sunday's election by a clear majority.

- Thailand Business News July 4, 2011.

That sir is a strengthening subsequent to the election result. Had the markets been worried the bourse would have dived.

Yes, the bourse is steady now.

The negative gang of TVF predicted that the bourse would crash and that the financial markets following an election would be in disarray.

What was seen was that the bourse reacted positively and has remained steady.

Thank you for backing my up my point, although that was not your intent.

Do you deny that the Thai bourse strengthened subsequent to the election result?

Actually, the SET is around the same level now, as it was in Apr 2011. :whistling:

Key word I used was SUBSEQUENT.

Thai stocks on Monday skyrocketed, rising 4.7% with a trading turnover of Bt63,110 million after the opposition Pheu Thai Party won Sunday's election by a clear majority.

- Thailand Business News July 4, 2011.

That sir is a strengthening subsequent to the election result. Had the markets been worried the bourse would have dived.

Yes, the bourse is steady now.

The negative gang of TVF predicted that the bourse would crash and that the financial markets following an election would be in disarray.

What was seen was that the bourse reacted positively and has remained steady.

Thank you for backing my up my point, although that was not your intent.

The bourse was in a waiting mood before the elections, which mostly results in a downward trend. The clear election result helped stabilise the bourse and regain what it had lost in the 'wait-and-see' mood. At the moment the fluctuations seem more related to what's happening in the world, USA debt 'crisis', 'Euro fun' and the like.

The bourse was in a waiting mood before the elections, which mostly results in a downward trend. The clear election result helped stabilise the bourse and regain what it had lost in the 'wait-and-see' mood. At the moment the fluctuations seem more related to what's happening in the world, USA debt 'crisis', 'Euro fun' and the like.

That's been mentioned to GK a number of times. It doesn't fit with his agenda, so he just ignores it.