Not Receiving Calls And Sms From Cambodia?

tourround

Hello,

can someone tell me, how is it possible to receive SMS or phone calls from Cambodia in Thailand? I use in Thailand TRUE as operator and can receive SMS and calls from abroad, except of Cambodia. Do they have to call a specific number or add a specific prefix?

Cheers

Hey,

I don't have the problem calling Cambodia. What's not working is receiving a call. But I'm going to try with your suggestion for 165 66 . But I guess that's not the solution, why I don't receive SMS from Cambodia.

bye

i get SMS from Cambodia I use ais and last one i got was yesterday

calling Cambodia from Thailand its cheaper to use 009.

much cheaper is a calling card, I use Monkey Talk calls are 3 baht/min vs 12 baht using 009

from Cambodia to Thailand i use 166-66 number

Edited by phuketrichard

I still have the problem by receiving calls and sms. Last time I went to Cambodia I figured out, that having Mfone as roaming operator I didn't receive a call from someone, who uses Mfone (living in Cambodia). As I switched to Hello, I could receive the phone call, but still no SMS. Now also tried by predialing the 165, which is mentioned on the homepage of Mfone, but that also didn't work... I don't understand why I have the problems, as I could make calls, could send sms and can receive SMS from other countries without problems...

cheers

I still have the problem by receiving calls and sms. Last time I went to Cambodia I figured out, that having Mfone as roaming operator I didn't receive a call from someone, who uses Mfone (living in Cambodia). As I switched to Hello, I could receive the phone call, but still no SMS. Now also tried by predialing the 165, which is mentioned on the homepage of Mfone, but that also didn't work... I don't understand why I have the problems, as I could make calls, could send sms and can receive SMS from other countries without problems...

cheers

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly - you want to use your Thai Sim Card in Cambodia?..... If so what Thai Provider do you use - I know friends of mine use 12Call here without problems but I seem to remember them speaking about you needing to activate your number for overseas use to receive SMS....

Prefix numbers in Cambodia are determined by your choice of provider....... Hello is 166 , MFone is 165 and Mobitel is 177 and so on .... Straight 001 is the most expensive way to dial out...

I'm using True and had the activation for making calls abroad. I don't have the problem for making calls by my own when I'm in Cambodia. The Problem is, that I do not receive SMS when I'm in Cambodia nor when I'm back in Thailand from a MFone user. This person cannot call me either when I'm in Thailand, even though the operator says that everything is activated on their side to be able to call abroad. I also couldn't receive a call from the MFone user, when I was in Cambodia and had MFone as my roaming operator. As I switched to Hello, I could receive a call, but still no SMS.