3 In 1 Laser Printer Scanner

astral

For several years I have been struggling with ink jet printers and their thirst for expensive ink.

It seems to me that laser is the way to go?

I only need B/W for business use, I take my photos to the local shop for printing.

I am looking for recommendations, or a link to a web site that gives comparisons

and relative running costs for different models.

What do you suggest?

Thanks

If you do enough printing to actually use up inkjet cartridges often then you should probably consider getting tanks fitted to your existing inkjet all-in-one. Or even buying a new inkjet all-in-one if your existing one cant be fitted with tanks (I think most can).

This will be the cheapest option for anyone who prints a lot. Total cost for printer and tanks: starting around 3000B and up.

If however, like me, you hardly ever do any printing and when you do it is only in black, then a laser all-in-one will do very nicely.

All the usual brands have all-in-one laser printers for around 4000B to 6000B, but be aware that an official toner cartridge may cost 2500Baht or more.

So it all boils down to how much you use it.

If you do enough printing to actually use up inkjet cartridges often then you should probably consider getting tanks fitted to your existing inkjet all-in-one. Or even buying a new inkjet all-in-one if your existing one cant be fitted with tanks (I think most can).

This will be the cheapest option for anyone who prints a lot. Total cost for printer and tanks: starting around 3000B and up.

If however, like me, you hardly ever do any printing and when you do it is only in black, then a laser all-in-one will do very nicely.

All the usual brands have all-in-one laser printers for around 4000B to 6000B, but be aware that an official toner cartridge may cost 2500Baht or more.

So it all boils down to how much you use it.

But a toner cartridge is refillable at a fraction of that cost of course.

I have been using a Samsung SCX-4200 . Good MFP but next time i would buy one with a auto feeder because i scan and store digitally all important paper items and using a manual flatbed is a pain if there are multiple pages.

Also i would look for a Brother MFP as their toners are much cheaper than the Samsung.

Also i would look for a Brother MFP as their toners are much cheaper than the Samsung.

All toner cartridges do not always contain the same amount of toner. So this is worth checking when comparing costs.

Also some brands use a single toner/drum system that replaces all the parts subject to wear in one go. Other brands may require you to change a drum periodically and it is usually cheaper to buy a new printer than to change a drum.

In Thailand where tanks are readily available, anyone using a printer extensively for domestic printing would be better off with a tank ink system, I think. Unless they never want to print colour or they require the very high quality/speed that a laser printer provides.

True, but some can't be refilled without also resetting a chip on the cartridge.

The nice thing about toner is that it never dries out through non-use.

But a toner cartridge is refillable at a fraction of that cost of course.

My usage is eratic so the longlife is useful.

I will watch the chipping issue for refills