I am having very poor luck to get producing bananas even after introducing varieties from Kaesetsart Ag Fair. All have been getting good water and some more fertilizer (small amounts of EM, Compost and manures but nothing excessive) than others and some none at all but all in good earth. Lots of growth but barely any flowering or fruit. Does anyone have names of varieties or places where they have bought good producing stock. I am open to buy from anywhere from Chumpon to Si Sa ket. Thanks our farm is in Burriram near Surin Border. Fruitless with a Ford Forever

FEF,

Dont know why I didnt think of this before. Stop in at Fruity's place next time and get some from Suphin. Theirs are great eating, we have some in the ground around the pig sty with some local ones we transplanted as well. No flowers or fruit yet on mine but they look pretty good so far. Got plenty of Culms already on the first lot. Our amazing N source has them jumping out of the ground.

Isaan Aussie

FEF,

Dont know why I didnt think of this before. Stop in at Fruity's place next time and get some from Suphin. Theirs are great eating, we have some in the ground around the pig sty with some local ones we transplanted as well. No flowers or fruit yet on mine but they look pretty good so far. Got plenty of Culms already on the first lot. Our amazing N source has them jumping out of the ground.

Isaan Aussie

Well you ol' Hog Daddy good idea and maybe will take her away for a lunch at our spot down the road or even into the big city if we both can coordibnate a little business with pleasure. Obviously half of the organic movement is about try to set up some kind of seed banks to continue to propagate some older varities that are good asnd consistent producers. I would think bananas would be an easy one but have got Diddly (without Bo) in response on this site. Sure iI can buy tons from assorted nuseries but as in the past that hasn't givien me success and i would prefer local successful "homegrown varieties like Fruity's and others so this is a start and I'll get in touch with Supeen. Coirn seed arrived and ready to plant. Hope you keep getting the rain. We haven't had any real heavy stuff inover 5 weeks now and lost a lot of the Takuu trees we planted, well over fifty per cent. Sun Hemp, pah teung is over head high interplante with the trees and nowhere even near two monthw old so won't green manure it and will be harvesting for seed as the last harvest won't give us aenough to multiple plant the 50 or so rai that will need it. Can believe August is around the corner. Well you sold nearly 4 dozen hogs a few days ago good luck with the next few dozen and litters of a dozen thereafter appears like a reasonable estimate so have fun being knee deep in the little squealers. that landrace boar may be a bit of a horny toad but he sure is beautiful. A nice cross with him and ayour durocs may end up getting you the ultimate boar someday. Can't blame the young monster from wanting to show you he's ready to "work" and do his job can you? Fruit Fords Forver

FEF,

Isaan Aussie

Well you ol' Hog Daddy good idea and maybe will take her away for a lunch at our spot down the road or even into the big city if we both can coordibnate a little business with pleasure. Obviously half of the organic movement is about try to set up some kind of seed banks to continue to propagate some older varities that are good asnd consistent producers. I would think bananas would be an easy one but have got Diddly (without Bo) in response on this site. Sure iI can buy tons from assorted nuseries but as in the past that hasn't givien me success and i would prefer local successful "homegrown varieties like Fruity's and others so this is a start and I'll get in touch with Supeen. Coirn seed arrived and ready to plant. Hope you keep getting the rain. We haven't had any real heavy stuff inover 5 weeks now and lost a lot of the Takuu trees we planted, well over fifty per cent. Sun Hemp, pah teung is over head high interplante with the trees and nowhere even near two monthw old so won't green manure it and will be harvesting for seed as the last harvest won't give us aenough to multiple plant the 50 or so rai that will need it. Can believe August is around the corner. Well you sold nearly 4 dozen hogs a few days ago good luck with the next few dozen and litters of a dozen thereafter appears like a reasonable estimate so have fun being knee deep in the little squealers. that landrace boar may be a bit of a horny toad but he sure is beautiful. A nice cross with him and ayour durocs may end up getting you the ultimate boar someday. Can't blame the young monster from wanting to show you he's ready to "work" and do his job can you? Fruit Fords Forver

Not much to do with bananas or squealers, or for that matter Aussie or Yank interests but certain things lead even sheep in the right direction, or so the Kiwi;s will tell you.

post-56811-0-53118700-1311302087_thumb.g

But be warned, those guys dont "shear" anything.

Edited by IsaanAussie

FEF,

Isaan Aussie

Yes they are jumping out of the ground. We don't do anything but cut them down after the first crop. I don't even know what kind that they are. My wife doesn't wait anymore for them to ripen as she cuts them down green,peels them,puts them in a solution,fries them adds sugar,puts them in the sun,bags them and sells them to a local store. We can't make them fast enough as the store keeps asking for more. We'd like to have a whole lot more trees but I don't have enough room for them.

FEF,

Isaan Aussie

Yes they are jumping out of the ground. We don't do anything but cut them down after the first crop. I don't even know what kind that they are. My wife doesn't wait anymore for them to ripen as she cuts them down green,peels them,puts them in a solution,fries them adds sugar,puts them in the sun,bags them and sells them to a local store. We can't make them fast enough as the store keeps asking for more. We'd like to have a whole lot more trees but I don't have enough room for them.

I think I have the solution to polution. When you are ready to thin out and remove the suckers get in touch with me I'll supply the labor and do it for you and bring some rice if you need it and return something like 10% of the first crop (if you are somewhere near Burriram or Surin or.... hey where are you ol' RossaDavid? FF

FEF,

Isaan Aussie

I think I have the solution to polution. When you are ready to thin out and remove the suckers get in touch with me I'll supply the labor and do it for you and bring some rice if you need it and return something like 10% of the first crop (if you are somewhere near Burriram or Surin or.... hey where are you ol' RossaDavid? FF

salt solution mate.??..wifey makes tons for our own consumption when she gets her head out'r her bloody books but says she don't soak 'em. ..fries 'em up, no sugar, then dries 'em same as you..(she says some people do salt solution).very nice all the same.

...to the OP our bananas planted from root stock "borrowed" from "aunties'".. seem to do best in apparently lousy rocky sandy soil ( well drained I guess) beside our road in the overflow of road base ...planted some in nice brown soft soil at edge of the rubber farm and they just sit there at 4ft tall or so...gonna dig 'em up move 'em.

...don't forget the flowers are great for cooking.."stuff"....and of course the leaves wrapped around a barra on the barbie!