Telegraphic Transfer Of Money

I have just had 2 T/T money transfers from Australia to my Kasikorn bank here in Pattaya from my A.N.Z account in Australia for some reason no one can explain to me why Citibank can get hold of my money and take a commission then on a 2nd leg document forward it on to Kasikorn bank.

In 2 transaction i lost 8,500 Baht just from Citibank.

Citibank will not supply a foreign exchange transaction form, Kasikorn cannot supply the document either because they did not clear the money directly.

So hence i legally i have no documentation to take my money out of Thailand...

Is this the beginning of get more money out of the farang??

lesson learnt no more T/T

Sounds like ANZ is using Citibank as an intermediary bank to transfer funds and Citibank is taking a slice of your money (i.e., charging a fee as it flows through them). ANZ could tell you if they are using Citibank as an intermediary bank and the associated fee. Sounds like ANZ and their funds transfer arrangements are the sources of your problem (fees).

Sounds like ANZ is using Citibank as an intermediary bank to transfer funds and Citibank is taking a slice of your money (i.e., charging a fee as it flows through them). ANZ could tell you if they are using Citibank as an intermediary bank and the associated fee. Sounds like ANZ and their funds transfer arrangements are the sources of your problem (fees).

The intermediary bank will always take a fee and nothing you can do about that other than change banks and work directly with the likes of a Citibank or HSBC. TT's are fast, secure and not overly expensive. It must have been a very large sum for the intermediary to sting you that much ! I get charged about AUS35 per throw for about US15k transfer (and that includes the intermediary).

Why would you have trouble getting the money back out of Thailand? You have documentation from the ANZ showing a transfer to Kasikorm I imagine. That should suffice. Even though it came via an intermediary, you should still be OK.

I just transferred money from Bank of NZ to my Kasicornbank account.

While I am in BKK, I instructed BNZ for a TT one day, and the money received the same day!!! I was told it would take 3 to 5 working days.

The intermediary bank for this was Bank of America in Sydney, Australia.

I dont know if the commission charge depends on the amount you want to TT.

In my case, the charges are 25NZD by BNZ, about 22NZD (by Bank of America?) and 500B by Kasicornbank. So total charge is 1675B approx. 8500B charge for 2 TTs by Citibank is outrageous! (but why 2 TTs though, suppose you had to)

I know BOA(?) charge because they actually transferred 22NZD less than my requested amount.

It is annoying that BNZ didn't tell me about the charges by the intermediary bank.

I also have an ANZ account in NZ.

but now I will not use ANZ for TT, as they would use Citibank.