Corner Bar Rawai

terak69

Probably something to do with the big arrogant guy who owned it.

Rubbed quite a few people up the wrong way..

As far as the curries are concerned good riddance to them.Started very good then turned into over priced slop obviously cooked by someone who has no idea what they are doing.Strange how many people think they can cook a curry.

If you want a good well priced curry head on down to The Curry Shack at Roxanne bar in Rawai.Had a Tikka Masala there the other night.Superb.Cooked by someone who knows what they are doing.

This Corner Bar. Is it the one that was next to the Rawai 711 (don't remember any curries), or, are you talking about the DILLIGAF Bar in Rawai, where they did serve curries?

Samokee 2 on 90degree corner, next to a massage shop!!! and opposite the Swedish Samokee Village jap.gif

This Corner Bar. Is it the one that was next to the Rawai 711 (don't remember any curries), or, are you talking about the DILLIGAF Bar in Rawai, where they did serve curries?

Samokee 2 on 90degree corner, next to a massage shop!!! and opposite the Swedish Samokee Village jap.gif

Righto. The guy who ended up with the British Curry Company.

I believe he went broke.

I believe he went broke.

That was him - thought his curries were making him a fortune ?

I believe he went broke.

No. He had a falling out with the original cook (Rich Starkey) and the cook left to make his original curries at the Curry Shack.

The curries that ended up under the British Curry Company label he cooked himself and were complete <deleted>.

I believe he went broke.

No. He had a falling out with the original cook (Rich Starkey) and the cook left to make his original curries at the Curry Shack.

The curries that ended up under the British Curry Company label he cooked himself and were complete <deleted>.

Good cheap bar for someone then ??? Zero Baht jap.gif used to have some good nights there and with previous owner as well

I believe he went broke.

Good to know. I tried one of those brit indian curries earlier this year, I had a takeaway korma. It was like a bowl of manky, watery, soup with a couple of tiny bits of chicken swimming in it, They forgot to give me rice and the nan bread was rock hard. I was in disbelief that they were selling that <deleted> at villa where I discovered it. Anyway, if he's gone bust he deserved too. I'll be sure to try the curry shack when i get back!

I can definitely recommend the Curry Shack.

I've had the vindaloo and the madras - both excellent. Prices are very reasonable too!

They also have a range of Indian spices for sale in case you want to have a go at making your own curries.