Ebay Postage

Due to my apparently futile quest to find a job out here I'm now selling a few things on eBay and need to post them from Bangkok to the UK. What are my postal options and what do you think would be the best way to send them? I recently sent a letter to England via the standard Thai post office here in Thong Lor and it took nearly a month to arrive!! Where are the air-mail companies located in BKK, and does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to send say a t-shirt with these companies?

Many thanks for any info.

Due to my apparently futile quest to find a job out here I'm now selling a few things on eBay and need to post them from Bangkok to the UK.

Where are the air-mail companies located in BKK, and does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to send say a t-shirt with these companies?

How many t-shirts are you sending at a time?

Up to 20kilo can go via EMS. Check here for all postal options and prices: http://www.thailandpost.com/search_ems_en.asp

You might also enquire with some of the shipping agents at jj market who specialize in larger parcels.

My Thai wife sells a lot of thailand stuff from her website and in less than 2 months online she's earning more than I, and I'm an IT pro. She's fully into this though. She works harder than me too!

She had one package arrive in Australia sans contents, but otherwise EMS has been good for her. One thing to note is the price for the first kilo with EMS is the priciest so encouraging your customers to buy more and then maybe offer some sort of deal might be practical.

thanks for the reply... as each auction is for a single t-shirt i was planning to send them individually to each winner. however it seems that the postage cost will almost wipe out my profit so i will look into sending them in larger amounts and then have someone in the UK forward them on individually.

cheers

To send t-shirts, use standard air mail W/O registry.

That way it isn't possibly for someone to trace it back to you.

For a normal t-shirt, i say it will cost appx. 150-200baht/parcel.

The freighttime is from 5 days up to 2-3 weeks, much depending on how long the custom in youre homecountry is holding the package.

Remember to send it as "small package" with no letter or typing inside the package. If you send it as standard mail it will cost too much.

thanks for the reply... as each auction is for a single t-shirt i was planning to send them individually to each winner. however it seems that the postage cost will almost wipe out my profit

True, you cannot send cheap items in small quantities.. To make it worth while, quantities should be BIG :o

so i will look into sending them in larger amounts and then have someone in the UK forward them on individually.

Better, but did you take into consideration the painful issue of import duties and VAT for the importer? The United Kingdom of England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland will expect to take its share in your lucrative business!

the uk will want some cash but not if it is under £20 approx - so there is still good prospects...

The declared value is £18 including shipping costs. If the goods are declared as a gift this rises to £36 but Customs decide what constitutes a 'gift.

To send t-shirts, use standard air mail W/O registry.

That way it isn't possibly for someone to trace it back to you.

I guess these are the illegal variety of goods then. It's not too difficult for customs to track these folks down (that happens at about the point when you are doing the best sales.... because it's a waste of time to catch the small fish). Postmark indicates post office... that's how they caught those Brit idiots shipping pot by mail. They just send a couple of cops down to the post office with the seized package from outbound customs... "any idea who sent this?"...... "yeah, it's this pasty fellow...oh, there he is in queue #2 right now."

:o

well the tshirts i am selling are not designer name knock-offs, they are just simple plain tshirts with unique designs on them that can't be found in the UK.

I'm pretty new to this so I'm only selling a couple at the moment as an experiment to see how successful it could be...

^ That's good.  I wasn't suggest you were dealing in illegal goods.    Just responding to the comment by theviking about t-shirts that required avoidance in being traced.

There can be numbers of reason to why ppl dont want a shipment to be traced. Illegality (?) doesent have to be one of them.

If you sending a few parcels through the week, it will allso save you 20B pr. package to not register it.

well, anyway, the best way is to send as "small package"....it's allmost the same price as send domestic in europe(north).

The best way to send small parcels is by SAL this is a bit cheaper than Air mail and it takes 10 to 14 business days for delivery. When at the P.O. make sure you tell them you want to send it SAL. FORGET EMS in my opinion its a rip off. If its a large parcel Fedex do a special deal on their 10 Kilo box, it will cost 4,000B where EMS for the same parcel will cost 6,000Baht.

^ That's good.   I wasn't suggest you were dealing in illegal goods.    Just responding to the comment by theviking about t-shirts that required avoidance in being traced.

There can be numbers of reason to why ppl dont want a shipment to be traced. Illegality (?) doesent have to be one of them.

I believe you. And I'm just saying it can be traced anyway.

:D

Small Packet Airmail, with the Registered option (extra 30 baht) - I have sent out over 50 small parcels around the world and they all arrive within 2-3 weeks, apart from one which got returned to me.

Small packet is nearly half the cost of normal air mail, It has to be under 2 kg's and you are not allowed to tape up the box, just string.

SAL (Surface Air Lifting) generally takes 3-4 weeks.