Any 2011 Ford Ranger Owners On This Forum

patekatek

My Thai wife and I are going to be relocating from the US to Thailand this fall. We are building up near the Kaeng Krachan dam area and I am considering getting one of the new Ford Ranger four door(two wheel drive)pickups. I was hoping to maybe find someone who may have one of these and might be willing to share their experience with it. I believe there is a Ford dealer in Petchaburi but correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

i have the ranger and it is faultless. as an ex car dealer i expected to be back and forward with warranty claims but to date, 16K Kms, non. its a great vehicle and the 4 doors give great access. if I had a peeve it would be that the music system doesnt accept memory sticks or Iplayers, but I guess that life. acelleration is excellent ( using the o/d swtich on the stick) and handling is terrific. you only get one remote which is a pain, but I like aftermarket dealers ( cheaper0 and got an alarm/immobiliser fitted with 3 remotes for the same price they wanted for just an extra remote.

I was gonna get the toyota, but you cant get auto without 4x4 and leather, non of which i wanted ( thai leather sags after a year and leather in a hot country will burn your legs). The nissan has guts but is not as tough a vehicle ( IMHO)

you will enjoy it :)

If you're talking about the all new Ford Ranger T6 it hasn't been released yet, it should be available sometime in October.whistling.gif

If you're interested in the T6 there's loads of info on it in the motoring forum on ThaiVisa, topic; New Ford Ranger T6.wink.gif

I have A 206 ford ranger "XLT" the rear doors open up from the inside.I have the 6 cylinder 3.0 ltr.I bought it from my sister with 24000 miles on it.It's A nice truck.I imagine the new ones are probably even better.

I hope it is relevant but the organisation i work with here in Australia have been using the Ford Ranger series for about 4-5 years as have many other fleet buyers and they have all seemed to be good except for the 4x4 and 4x2 that have the high body as they have a huge amount of body roll. The NSW Police Force had them and apparently banned them from traveling faster than 80 kph because of the instability at speed and on maneuvers . The 4 x2 don't have the problem and are much more comfortable . All our Ford Rangers are made in Thailand so would be similar to what You would be buying there i guess.

Thanks for your responses. I would be most interested in waiting the model referred to as T6. I believe this has improved performance and fuel economy. I hope they offer some buyer incentive for the new model when it comes out.

To the one responder stating that I shouldn't move: Why are you still there?

I have A 206 ford ranger "XLT" the rear doors open up from the inside.I have the 6 cylinder 3.0 ltr.I bought it from my sister with 24000 miles on it.It's A nice truck.I imagine the new ones are probably even better.

both the 2,5 and 3,0 are 4 cylinders, developed by Italian VM Motori

present Ford Ranger still uses frame/chassie and floorplan from mid 80s Mazda, and are really dated on driving dynamics/traction

New Ford Ranger (codename T6) is likely to be available from November. Its a totally new design from scratch, larger than any other pickup in TH, and comes with very high spec. Engines are presently used in Europe, a 2,2/150hp 4 pot, and a 3,2/200hp 5 pot. 6 speed manuals or 6speed autos

Pictures and more info in ThaiVisa Motoring

Thanks, again, for the insight regarding the Ranger pickups. I think it best if I wait until the new T6 models hit the market and hopefully come with some sort of incentive plans. Only time will tell. In the mean time, since we will definitely need some type of vehicle ( we can't keep using the in-laws vehicles )I suppose I should try checking out rentals. Although from what little research I've done, it seems that monthly vehicle rental programs are pretty high cost. We would be traveling a lot between Chonburi where our town house is, and to Kaeng Krachan where we will be building.

• 3 months later...

i have the ranger and it is faultless. as an ex car dealer i expected to be back and forward with warranty claims but to date, 16K Kms, non. its a great vehicle and the 4 doors give great access. if I had a peeve it would be that the music system doesnt accept memory sticks or Iplayers, but I guess that life. acelleration is excellent ( using the o/d swtich on the stick) and handling is terrific. you only get one remote which is a pain, but I like aftermarket dealers ( cheaper0 and got an alarm/immobiliser fitted with 3 remotes for the same price they wanted for just an extra remote.

I was gonna get the toyota, but you cant get auto without 4x4 and leather, non of which i wanted ( thai leather sags after a year and leather in a hot country will burn your legs). The nissan has guts but is not as tough a vehicle ( IMHO)

you will enjoy it :)

hi guys, bought a ford ranger. no complaints except i dont understand the warranty. theere is a poster at the foed service centre and online that states the price excl. vat at 7 percent but they always charge me at least a 1000 more baht. anyone any experience of this with their ford dealer ? and if so why is the price different. while still cheap , it sounds like they are charging for labour. the guy tried to tell me that they use different oil etc., than is stated online and so it is more expensive. any help appreciated.