Rate For Electricity On Koh Tao

Hi,

We have had govn electric for several years on Koh Tao now,

I guess how much you pay for it all depends on if you are paying direct to the supplier or through a landlord!

I pay just over 3baht a unit for govn. electric.

The killer is when that goes off for a long period and you have to use Namsung -the private provider- thats 31baht a unit!

Luckily thats not very often.

Hi,

I guess how much you pay for it all depends on if you are paying direct to the supplier or through a landlord!

The killer is when that goes off for a long period and you have to use Namsung -the private provider- thats 31baht a unit!

:wacko:

So you don't live on Koh Tao then.

Definately a statement the unqualified company employees try to claim as they sit amongst the 12 or so broken generators while drinking and playing cards.

Hi,

:wacko:

So you don't live on Koh Tao then.

Definately a statement the unqualified company employees try to claim as they sit amongst the 12 or so broken generators while drinking and playing cards.

Ok, maybe I was a being a bit optimistic with that statement.

I was just thinking about the last 3 months, where at my house I've only been without govn on a few ocassions and then not for long periods - normally no more than an hr or so at a time.

The last time I had to use a lot of Namsung was in March n April

Yes it is annoying but I still think its not bad seeings though we are on a small island - and my water bills cost more than my electric!

Now that I've said that it will probably go off for the whole weekend!