Information Wanted On El Diablos

Awohalitsiktoli

I love this place. The girls that work there are fantastic too.

That about nails it. Beer bar ambiance, huge portions of low-grade food, and a heniously bad sounding stereo system that makes you wish that you were sitting out on the sidewalk listening to the traffic noise instead of sitting inside. But the girls who work there are thin and look good in padded bras, so what else could you ask for?

reply buttons grand sure didnt know those thin girls had the paddeded bras sure fooled your man sure not fair game in any place even a restro been once like but this news has put me off sure big is big like and small is not sure haha im just ticklering josh sure but really food ok like sure but not spicy like mexican food maybe i have to tell them sure

next time please ask for the spicey salsas. our Hellfire is about the hottest sauce in thailand ;)

I love this place. The girls that work there are fantastic too.

That about nails it. Beer bar ambiance, huge portions of low-grade food, and a heniously bad sounding stereo system that makes you wish that you were sitting out on the sidewalk listening to the traffic noise instead of sitting inside. But the girls who work there are thin and look good in padded bras, so what else could you ask for?

A couple of drunk, topless farangutangs sitting at the next table discussing last night's sexual encounter at the top of their filthy lungs?

No, just had a feeling that someone delivered a kilo of dog shit to my table and told me that it's food. A lot of calories for the money though, can't dispute that.

unfortunately, it is impossible to satisfy everyone. we cook things the way we like them, and hope that other people enjoy it as much as we do. since we opened, i dont think a day has gone by that i havent heard atleast 1 person say that our burritos were the best they've ever had. anywhere. it is also not uncommon for our customers to come back 2-3 times PER DAY. especially the folks from california, which we think is a pretty good sign

i have some family from springfield illinois who once came down and visited us in new orleans. we had a great chef at the time who cooked them a meal of barbecue shrimp raviolis, gumbo, jambalaya, and jalepeno cornbread. they couldnt eat a thing..... in case you were wondering, i here the new macdonalds right down the street has a great selection of hamburgers. perhaps that would be more to your taste ;)

unfortunately, it is impossible to satisfy everyone. we cook things the way we like them, and hope that other people enjoy it as much as we do. since we opened, i dont think a day has gone by that i havent heard atleast 1 person say that our burritos were the best they've ever had. anywhere. it is also not uncommon for our customers to come back 2-3 times PER DAY. especially the folks from california, which we think is a pretty good sign

i have some family from springfield illinois who once came down and visited us in new orleans. we had a great chef at the time who cooked them a meal of barbecue shrimp raviolis, gumbo, jambalaya, and jalepeno cornbread. they couldnt eat a thing..... in case you were wondering, i here the new macdonalds right down the street has a great selection of hamburgers. perhaps that would be more to your taste ;)

Now I understand. I've never had Mexican food in California! Just Arizona, New Mexico, New York and Mexico.

I was in a few weeks after you first opened and had a chorizo burrito. I commented here on TV on the long thread of mostly favorable reviews that it wasn't authentic Mexican chorizo, although I appreciated the free chips and salsa and water. The owner (your father?) seemed very offended and insulted me because of my opinion. I might have returned to try something else but there are plenty of restaurants where customers are treated with more respect. But then a few months ago I went with someone who asked me to go. I didn't tell her about my first experience. She ordered a chorizo quesadilla and she knows her chorizo. Half way through her meal I asked her what she thought. She said "It's good, but it's not real chorizo." I got a good laugh out of that. But neither of us has returned.

Obviously there's a need for people who are homesick for "California-style" Mexican food. I'm glad you're doing well.

yep, diablos is quite good, but not enough choice on the menu. more variation would be nice.

and the parking, man that sucks. impossible to come with a car and if i remember correctly it's difficult and illegal to park even a motorbike outside there.

Ive never even noticed the stereo. Maybe you guys are just too old ;)

They make an ok burrito. It is what it is. Mexican food in Thailand.

People who are raving about how good this place is have never eaten real Mexican food. There is no way you could possibly compare Diablos to a real burrito.

Sorry people from California coming back 2 or 3 times a day is not a good indicator of good mexican food. As with most ethnic food in the US its really not Mexican but a variation using flour and corn tortillas. I am from New Mexico and we call ours New Mexican Food ours is based more on the foods of our native american citizens using lots of green and red chili.

Then you have Tex-Mex which likes to think jalpenos are chile. These all have some things in common in that they are made to satisfy the local inhabitants. I lived in California for a few years and the mexican rest. where very bland and the owners where very honest out customers cannot handle hot we add chile at home not here.

Where is this house of culinary delight located in Chiang Mai I will check it out on my return in 2 months. The flour tortilas are they thin are thick both types have there afficinados usually depending on what they where raised on as kids. How about a good stuffed chili do they have these.

• 7 months later...

What a bizarre thread this has become!

Someone who is oblivious to his surroundings thinks the more observant people must be too old.

Ive never even noticed the stereo. Maybe you guys are just too old wink.gif

They make an ok burrito. It is what it is. Mexican food in Thailand.

People who are raving about how good this place is have never eaten real Mexican food. There is no way you could possibly compare Diablos to a real burrito.

And people talking about "real" Cal Mex, Tex Mex, New Mex, - in Thailand, yet. None of those styles are "real" Mexican but many people like them better. Innovation, anyone?

And then the owner who loves serving his fellow human beings - and posts the hateful screed above.

I like the food, the servers are very personable and efficient, the music is usually too loud, and the owner is to be avoided.