Information Wanted On El Diablos

Awohalitsiktoli

THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT

I would like answers to these questions:

1) What do you think about the Mexican food at El Diablos in Chiang Mai?

2) What Mexican food items can you get there?

3) Is there a branch of El Diablos in Bangkok? If so, where is it, exactly?

4) Does El Diablos have a website (I can't find it)?

Thanks.

1) What do you think about the Mexican food at El Diablos in Chiang Mai?

2) What Mexican food items can you get there?

3) Is there a branch of El Diablos in Bangkok? If so, where is it, exactly?

4) Does El Diablos have a website (I can't find it)?

1) Excellent burritos. I'd say they are the best in town though I haven't been there for a year or more as it is not a hospitable location for locals driving cars to visit. Were I a walking tourist I'd probably eat there once per day while i was visiting Chiang Mai.

2) Beef, Pork, Chicken Burritos as i recall. May have a breakfast burrito as well, but I don't remember.

3) I don't think so.

4) I don't think so as a Google search of "El Diablo's Burritos Chiang Mai" did not show one. It did show lots of references to El Diablos in various travel websites.

Edited by lannarebirth

Someone recently opened a quickly closed thread touting the new El Diablos Burritos in Bangkok. It's the same name so it is a very legit question to ask if this Bangkok location is related to the CM location.

But what's really important? How about one in PATTAYA!?!

We are still waiting patiently for ANY half decent Mexican place here. Come on, it would be a gold mine!

Edited by Jingthing

Someone recently opened a quickly closed thread touting the new El Diablos Burritos in Bangkok. It's the same name so it is a very legit question to ask if this Bangkok location is related to the CM location.

We are still waiting here patiently for ANY half decent Mexican place here. Come on, it would be a gold mine!

Why don't you open it JingThing? You're a foodie and famous in our little expat cyberspace. I'd bet you could make a go of it it some low rent. hole in the wall location.

We are still waiting patiently for ANY half decent Mexican place here. Come on, it would be a gold mine!

Let me say thanks for the preliminary (hopefully) responses. I would love to try El Diablos in Chiang Mai, but I do not live in Chiang Mai and spend my time in Jomtien/Pattaya and Bangkok. I agree with Jingthing that Pattaya-Jomtien really needs a good Mexican place. I would prefer a taqueria-style place. But, back to the topic, I really would like to know, for sure, if El Diablos is in Bangkok and where it is located--precise address. I am always looking for good Mexican food and want to try the place. Thanks in advance.

I love this place.

My favorite right now is the chicken/ green chile burrito

The chips used to be very hard but they have gotten much better and I thoroughly enjoy the free chips/ salsa and large glass of water

Very good value in my opinion with the aforementioned chips/salsa + water combo

My favorite mex in CM. They have carnitas and good specials and make their own chips and put out a bowl of pickled veg just like in Mexico!

Well, I am not sure how to get the address. It appears that a place called El Diablos has opened in Bangkok on Soi Suk 22 near the President Park Hotel. I am assuming it is there and near that location. I am also assuming it is associated with the El Diablos in Chiang Mai. Do us a favor (i.e., those that live in Pattaya/Jomtien and/or Bangkok) and please ask the owner to start a website so that people can find his place and possibly give him money :) If people can find the "new place" in Bangkok and it is profitable, perhaps he will expand to Pattaya/Jomtien, a place with lots of farangs and no good Mexican food. Hint, hint, hint. Thanks.

Edited by Awohalitsiktoli

I doubt the owner will start a website. He's a bit of a quirky character and seems to be doing much, much better business than those that spend a lot of money on advertising and on fancy websites. The last 2-3 times I drove or walked by there thinking of having a burrito, the place was totally packed - no tables available.

Don't know about suggesting to others what to do, even as a 25 yr veteran of owning restaurants but will be happy to ask him next time I'm there if he is affiliated with any other places and post his response (and I will tell him about this thread here)

Don't know about suggesting to others what to do, even as a 25 yr veteran of owning restaurants but will be happy to ask him next time I'm there if he is affiliated with any other places and post his response (and I will tell him about this thread here)

Thanks......we need it "from the horse's mouth" as we say back in the USA. I am glad to know that his business is doing well in CM. There must be a good reason for that, like good food at a decent price (hopefully). The next time I am in Bangkok I am going to try to find the place.

Thanks......we need it "from the horse's mouth" as we say back in the USA. I am glad to know that his business is doing well in CM. There must be a good reason for that, like good food at a decent price (hopefully). The next time I am in Bangkok I am going to try to find the place.

Why don't you just send him a PM and put your questions to him directly?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/user/68450-dustyrhodes/

• 3 weeks later...

yes, we have just opened up a new location in bangkok and it is on sukumvit soi22, near the end of the soi. small shophouse comparative in size to chiang mai. we have no website now, but we do have a fb page with some pictures http://www.facebook.com/pages/El-Diablos-Burritos/188009641258603

hope this helps and c u at our new location in bangkok :)

also, as long as our new location is successful, we will continue to expand. however, since me or my father must personally train all of our staff(we want things done a certain way.. our way) the expansion might be slower than other businesses.

thank you so much for the support!

-Jack

I love this place. The girls that work there are fantastic too.

That about nails it. Beer bar ambiance, huge portions of low-grade food, and a heniously bad sounding stereo system that makes you wish that you were sitting out on the sidewalk listening to the traffic noise instead of sitting inside. But the girls who work there are thin and look good in padded bras, so what else could you ask for?

That about nails it. Beer bar ambiance, huge portions of low-grade food, and a heniously bad sounding stereo system that makes you wish that you were sitting out on the sidewalk listening to the traffic noise instead of sitting inside. But the girls who work there are thin and look good in padded bras, so what else could you ask for?

A couple of drunk, topless farangutangs sitting at the next table discussing last night's sexual encounter at the top of their filthy lungs?

If you open in Pattaya, and it's decent, which word from CM is that you do decent burritos, I'll promise to promote the hell out it! It hurts living in a city without access to one place with a passable burrito!

Totally agree. When I lived in Pattaya, the choices for Mexican food were either expensive or lousy. In CM we have Miguel's, El Diablos and Salsa kitchen. All very good and affordable.

The clientele at El Diablos is mostly young backpackers, families and a few expats thrown in. It definitely does not have a beer bar atmosphere that some have alluded to.

Edited by prism

reply buttons grand sure didnt know those thin girls had the paddeded bras sure fooled your man sure not fair game in any place even a restro been once like but this news has put me off sure big is big like and small is not sure haha im just ticklering josh sure but really food ok like sure but not spicy like mexican food maybe i have to tell them sure

I'm not disputing your claims. For sure Chiang Mai is great place to get shitfaced in the afternoon that you don't notice that you've just hooked up with Olive Oil. Party on dude.

A couple of drunk, topless farangutangs sitting at the next table discussing last night's sexual encounter at the top of their filthy lungs?

No, just had a feeling that someone delivered a kilo of dog shit to my table and told me that it's food. A lot of calories for the money though, can't dispute that.

No, just had a feeling that someone delivered a kilo of dog shit to my table and told me that it's food. A lot of calories for the money though, can't dispute that.

I am sure they had the same feeling about what was sitting in the chair

Anyone that I've ever taken there has thoroughly enjoyed it, including a few Thai buddies... There's also some great photography on the wall from Myanmar and even more next door... well worth a peak

There have been couple of moronic reviews so far... subjective and constructive criticism is fair enough but some are obviously incapable of that... I would say go and try it once... I'm sure far more people will return there than not

I am sure they had the same feeling about what was sitting in the chair

A lot of wishful thinking in this thread about the quality of this place, plus at least one person posting under more than one ID.

A lot of wishful thinking in this thread about the quality of this place, plus at least one person posting under more than one ID.

Interesting... I was thinking the same but in relation to the pitiful attempts at criticism

Edited by stumiller

In my opinion Diablos is a landmark for Chiang Mai. The food is fantastic. When friends visit I bring them there first. The only problem is the loud music. I always feel the need to apologize for it, because it is extremely difficult to have a conversation in there. But the food is good enough to suffer through it. Often I ask them to turn it down.