Butter Is Better - Nim

udonguy

I think the OP was a short-term visitor, but for people who are resident in Thailand, the AIS 3G service would take care of this shortcoming. You stick a little dongle into a USB port on the side of your computer and you're good-to-go! I see people using them all over CM. I think they have good coverage elsewhere in Thailand, too.

However, I agree that wifi would be a nice upgrade for Butter is Better.

I think the OP was a short-term visitor, but for people who are resident in Thailand, the AIS 3G service would take care of this shortcoming. You stick a little dongle into a USB port on the side of your computer and you're good-to-go! I see people using them all over CM. I think they have good coverage elsewhere in Thailand, too.

Judging by the OP's name Udonguy he may be a resident that just visited CM, I was in Udon last week and the coverage for the aircard was not a problem, so it may even be of some help to him there as well.

Beg to differ. I look at Butter is better as a restaurant not as a coffee shop.

I know it is me but I see a restaurant as a place to eat and a Coffee shop a a place to hang out.

Butter is better really does not have the room for people to come in and do all there internet work there.

Just My Opinion.

I know it is me but I see a restaurant as a place to eat and a Coffee shop a a place to hang out.

Butter is better really does not have the room for people to come in and do all there internet work there.

Just My Opinion.

Absolutely!! Totally agree. Can't think of a much worse downgrade to places like B+B and "Bake and Bite" than allowing solitary technophobes to sit for hours peering into screens, littering the tables with their junk and one empty cup of coffee while hogging some of the more pleasantly placed tables. Almost as bad as answering your mobile phone while eating dinner with guests.

What do they serve that is really very good?

as opposed to okay farang food

I tried it the other day and 3 of the 4 things I ordered were not available "mot". So I just had a bagel, not special. The person I was with had a breakfast set and the only thing they found to be really good was the sausage patties. When asked if they would go back again they answered no and I felt the same.

Just My Opinion.

Absolutely!! Totally agree. Can't think of a much worse downgrade to places like B+B and "Bake and Bite" than allowing solitary technophobes to sit for hours peering into screens, littering the tables with their junk and one empty cup of coffee while hogging some of the more pleasantly placed tables. Almost as bad as answering your mobile phone while eating dinner with guests.

errr... you probably mean technophiles - the technophobe would be you?

I think those coffee shops with WiFi are awful and many of them probably regret jumping on to what they thought would be a money earner. As a previous poster said, people often take up the best seats for hours and the day B is B turns into a hangout for netbook users, that's the time to move on as I know it's gone downhill.

Although I think that WiFi is still not a requirement for a cafe/restaurant/retail store front, I think many of you are missing a key point. The OP is talking about the Nim City branch, which is in no way a restaurant. It is a retail store front or at best a cafe. It has 2 tables and 4 chairs.

There are no dinners, or ordering of something that is not in stock. You can see everything they have on offer.

BTW, to 'Semper'I know you were joking but having wifi while getting a massage wouldn't be such a bad thing.....

Yes it's really frustrating when one goes to a restaurant for a meal and can't use the internet. The same goes for visitin a massage shop, and no wifi. <deleted>. :whistling:

Agreed. (Tough for massage shops I would at most have a phone or tablet to use, so for those I don't really mind if there's wifi as GRPS/3G internet suffices)

Although I think that WiFi is still not a requirement for a cafe/restaurant/retail store front, I think many of you are missing a key point. The OP is talking about the Nim City branch, which is in no way a restaurant. It is a retail store front or at best a cafe. It has 2 tables and 4 chairs.

There are no dinners, or ordering of something that is not in stock. You can see everything they have on offer.

BTW, to 'Semper'I know you were joking but having wifi while getting a massage wouldn't be such a bad thing.....

I reread the OP and he did not say what branch he was at. I maintain a bakery is not a place for wifi either. Two tables being taken up by two people with their internet. Not a good business plan.

I know for myself if I was to do that I would be being rude and inconsiderate of others.

Just My Opinion.

correct

Yes it's really frustrating when one goes to a restaurant for a meal and can't use the internet. The same goes for visitin a massage shop, and no wifi. <deleted>. :whistling:

Actually, the Butter is Better Diner on Chang Klan road does have wi-fi.

IMHO, it is a bit much to expect a small bakery outlet for take-out pastry to have it. :blink:

I agree wifi at this location would not make business sense. BTW, the title of this thread reads as " Butter Is Better - Nim ".

and as UG points out, the main location actually does have wifi.

I reread the OP and he did not say what branch he was at. I maintain a bakery is not a place for wifi either. Two tables being taken up by two people with their internet. Not a good business plan.

I know for myself if I was to do that I would be being rude and inconsiderate of others.

I think those coffee shops with WiFi are awful and many of them probably regret jumping on to what they thought would be a money earner. As a previous poster said, people often take up the best seats for hours and the day B is B turns into a hangout for netbook users, that's the time to move on as I know it's gone downhill.

I wouldn't expected expect many of the regulars at BIB to be interested in WiFi either. The demographics are all wrong for that.

What do they serve that is really very good?

as opposed to okay farang food

I tried it the other day and 3 of the 4 things I ordered were not available "mot". So I just had a bagel, not special. The person I was with had a breakfast set and the only thing they found to be really good was the sausage patties. When asked if they would go back again they answered no and I felt the same.

I like to think that all the things we serve are really really good, but of course, I may be slightly prejudiced. Some of the may boil down to taste. Take our bagels. About a month ago we changed the recipe. Before that, I would say they were good but lacking something. We started using a more time-consuming recipe and it was judged by most a big success. I tried it out on several fellow new yorkers, including those who gave a resounding eh to our bagels before, and they loved. Said they now tasted like new york bagels. But new york bagels are just one style of bagels. They're kind of chewy on the outside. Definitely not soft. You may have grown up eating some other kind of bagel. I have them pretty often for breakfast so I don't think the quality has fallen off.

Since I don't know what the other people in your party had, it's kind of hard for me to give a useful response.

The finest bagel I have ever had is at the 24 hour bakery in Brick Lane, East London.

Their smoked salmon & cream cheese, salt beef and chopped herring bagels are out of this world!

I haven't found anything like them anywhere. sad.gif

The finest bagel I have ever had is at the 24 hour bakery in Brick Lane, East London.

Their smoked salmon & cream cheese, salt beef and chopped herring bagels are out of this world!

Then you haven't had bagels in NYC!

P.S. -- I didn't realize the OP was talking about the Nim branch of Butter is Better -- I thought he was talking about the Chang Klan store, which (as noted earlier) does have wifi.

salt beef and chopped herring bagels are out of this world!

Leave them there.:lol:

I sometimes like to surf if I have my laptop while I wait for my food but at B&B it's so nice that the other customers, often at the introduction of the owners, chat (kibbitz) w/each other. It's one of the reasons I love the place! I'll have to come in for one of the "new and improved" bagels and of course give one of my long and not sought after opinions on deli food!

Agree 100%. Could be the worst business model ever created--to have a place where non-spending, cheap charlie patrons can hang out and discourage actual spending customers from patronizing. Imagine a business where your place is always full but you never make any money.

well... thanks for the mixed replies! I come to CM often - and just would have liked to relax and do a couple of emails whilst enjoying the food - still think it's an 'uprade' to provide the facility! each to his own i guess