Does My Wife Need New Visa

Just a quick question ,not wanting to spend out my hard earned ,wonder if any of you know

my wife and son lived with me for many years in the UK ,my wife has a national insurance no and both have leave to remain ,five years ago we came to live here ,and now when i go back for a visit they are coming as well this time ,if we all turn up together ,as they have been out of the country (with me) what would happen if they did not have visit visas? Its just i begrudge paying so much for them :angry: the visas that is :)

I dare say your wife's ILR has expired if she hasn't been back to the UK for 5 years. Did she not get a British passport before she left?

As for your son, he should be a dual Thai/British citizen. He'll just need a Thai passport to depart Thailand and a UK passport to enter him into the UK.

You did get him a Thai passport before you left the UK right (assuming he was born there..)?

Your wife's ILR will have expired if she's been living outside of the UK for a period of two or more years; in which case she will need a visa to enter the UK.

The way round this is to live in the UK long enough to be naturalised as British; three years for the spouse of a British citizen.

As Samran says, if your son is your son and not step-son, then he is British and presumably has a British passport. If not, get him one. If he is your step-son then he is in the same position as his mother.

As already said, your wife's ILR expired after being outside the UK for more than 2 years. She cannot enter the UK without a visa of some kind. In fact, she will not even be allowed to check in for a flight without a valid visa. The airline will refuse boarding.

Thanks for the info ,seems i will just have to shell out for visas,boo hoo. :crying:

even for your son?

He is my stepson ,although he lived with me in the UK from 5 years old to 12 . has leave to remain same as his mum ,we never got around to getting British passports . mores the pity.