Tot To 3Bb

Jebhead

Just recently switched from TOT to 3BB and the speed + reliability so far has been a 1000 times better than the crap supplied by TOT. I had nothing but head aches from TOT and their call center is crap, service is crap and technicians close to useless.

3BB were in and out the house in about 20 mins, free modem as well....

JH

I have been with TOT for years in Jomtien Beach and seldom have any problems. When I have had a problem, their call center had been very helpful. We do only get about 3.5 MB out of our supposed 5 MB connection, but it is consistent.

I've never had a problem with ToT's support. They've been responsive and when needed came to our house to resolve some problems. Even the call center was easy to deal with.

But lately, it seems to be up and down....everybody in our village is saying the same thing. So...will have to see what's up with 3BB!

I have been with 3BB for 4 years in Pattaya Tai and seldom have any problems.

Great service and I clock 2,8 MB on a Premier 3/1 MB. I pay 3.499 B/3months.

Do they bill you 3 monthly? I have the same service but pay 1166 per month. BTW, this service is no longer available to new customers. The only premier service now available is 5/1 Mb for 2500 per month (excluding tax).

Do they bill you 3 monthly? I have the same service but pay 1166 per month. BTW, this service is no longer available to new customers. The only premier service now available is 5/1 Mb for 2500 per month (excluding tax).

I'm paying 990baht a month, 6MB. Why you all paying so much?

JH

It’s my idea to pay every 3 months. It’s more convenience for me.

I think it is far to expensive to pay 2.675 baht/month, incl. for 2 extra Mb.

JH

That’s probably 3BBs Indy pack. Good for domestic not international.

JH

My question to you is why are you paying so much for a 6Mb service? I have the 6Mb TOT service for 590 per month. For 880 you can get 9Mb with TOT and 3BB.

I pay for a premier service with a lower contention ratio (less sharing). CAT and 3BB both have them - I have premier services with both.

There's a lot more to Internet connectivity than raw speed. Start here for a fairly comprehensive education.

It's my idea to pay every 3 months. It's more convenience for me.

I agree, but if you let your 3Mb service lapse you'd have no choice. New customers have no choice. We'll probably be at a disadvantage in the future when they increase the speed of the 5Mb/1Mb and leave us in the dust.

How do you find it? I've also been using it for a long while - over 5 years.

It's my idea to pay every 3 months. It's more convenience for me.

I agree, but if you let your 3Mb service lapse you'd have no choice. New customers have no choice. We'll probably be at a disadvantage in the future when they increase the speed of the 5Mb/1Mb and leave us in the dust.

How do you find it? I've also been using it for a long while - over 5 years.

I signed up for Indy pack late 2006 but found it shitty so upgraded to Premier when it was available.

I find it hard to believe that 3BB just ´´leave us in the dust´´, we are after all old customers, so my guess is if they increase the speed of the 5Mb/1Mb they upgrade us to 5/1Mb for free as a bonus, they’d done it before.

I signed up for Indy pack late 2006 but found it shitty so upgraded to Premier when it was available.

I find it hard to believe that 3BB just ´´leave us in the dust´´, we are after all old customers, so my guess is if they increase the speed of the 5Mb/1Mb they upgrade us to 5/1Mb for free as a bonus, they'd done it before.

I too was on the cheaper service before I switched to premier. I hope you're right about that, but I don't feel any loyalty toward us. After 5 years I still had to pay for my transfer to another address. I believe the company changed hands as my original contract was handled by TT&T... so we were just hand-me-downs.:)

There seems so many different plans with BBB just which one is the best.? I have to subscribe but do not know which to order after reading about Premier, Indy etc ?

Help please !

The current premier plan is expensive - 2500 baht excluding tax. I would suggest trying the cheaper services first. You can always upgrade at any time. I would suggest the 9Mb (or is it 8) service - I think it's around 880 baht/month.

There seems so many different plans with BBB just which one is the best.? I have to subscribe but do not know which to order after reading about Premier, Indy etc ?

Help please !

The current premier plan is expensive - 2500 baht excluding tax. I would suggest trying the cheaper services first. You can always upgrade at any time. I would suggest the 9Mb (or is it 8) service - I think it's around 880 baht/month.

My friend's 3BB plan costs 660 baht/ month and is quite fast and usually reliable. Occasionally, on Saturday afternoon's, it goes in and out for a while and then goes back to normal; must be heavy useage period. He like it a lot and recommends.

B)

Help please !

Try the 6mb 'indy' package first. 631.30 Baht all in per month. I have had it for 2 years and it is absolutely fine & fast enough for me. Try it first and upgrade if necessary.

Help please !

Try the 6mb 'indy' package first. 631.30 Baht all in per month. I have had it for 2 years and it is absolutely fine & fast enough for me. Try it first and upgrade if necessary.

Many thanks for all the recommendations - will try the Indy first then work up

Cheers

Help please !

Yes! That's the plan my friend has and likes. Out of curiosity, what are the reasons to upgrade & pay more with 3BB? Thanks.

Help please !

Yes! That's the plan my friend has and likes. Out of curiosity, what are the reasons to upgrade & pay more with 3BB? Thanks.

I also have this basic package. Had for several years now with no complaints whatsoever. I live out in the sticks in North Thailand. Does it depend on ones location on how well the package operates?

Help please !

I also have this basic package. Had for several years now with no complaints whatsoever. I live out in the sticks in North Thailand. Does it depend on ones location on how well the package operates?

Some people say that this package is designed for domestic websites and not so much international. I haven't had the slightest problem or noticed anything different when surfing around and downloading stuff. It's been a very reliable package for me here in Pattaya.

Edited by DMC1

All these plans are sharing bandwidth with your neighbors... that's why they can never guarantee your speed. In the sticks you may be lucky with how many people you're sharing with. It could change quickly if a bandwidth hog moves in next door.

I am about to move to Pattaya and I need a good stable internet connection and will be mostly using international websites. I used 3bb and ToT in Surin both of them seemed ok but now on catcom 3g out in the sticks and its unuseable. If I give an IP to anyone who is on the premier service could you ping it for me and tell me the response time and maybe someone on the basic package could do the same also? I want to see if there is actually any different in pings between the 2 services as the response time is what I need most for my work.

I am about to move to Pattaya and I need a good stable internet connection and will be mostly using international websites. I used 3bb and ToT in Surin both of them seemed ok but now on catcom 3g out in the sticks and its unuseable. If I give an IP to anyone who is on the premier service could you ping it for me and tell me the response time and maybe someone on the basic package could do the same also? I want to see if there is actually any different in pings between the 2 services as the response time is what I need most for my work.

Sure, I can check that for you on 2 premier services and one basic service.

I can second that. I've been with 3BB in Phuket for 6 months and now in Pattaya for another 5 months and no problems whatsoever. Best service I ever had in Thailand

Thank you very much

The IPs I use for my work are 77.87.179.116 and 169.232.55.224

Dont worry about them being public, its from a public company who show them to everyone and their security is very tight.

Cheers

Al

Thank you very much

The IPs I use for my work are 77.87.179.116 and 169.232.55.224

Dont worry about them being public, its from a public company who show them to everyone and their security is very tight.

Cheers

Al

Here's some results taken at around 1pm today:

CAT through Sophon (2Mb/1Mb Premier):

Ping statistics for 77.87.179.116:

Packets: Sent = 37, Received = 37, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 374ms, Maximum = 402ms, Average = 388ms

Ping statistics for 169.232.55.224:

Packets: Sent = 32, Received = 32, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Minimum = 232ms, Maximum = 253ms, Average = 239ms

3BB (3Mb/1Mb Premier):

Packets: Sent = 38, Received = 38, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Minimum = 383ms, Maximum = 434ms, Average = 402ms

Packets: Sent = 34, Received = 34, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Minimum = 249ms, Maximum = 259ms, Average = 251ms

TOT (6Mb/0.5Mb Standard):

Packets: Sent = 35, Received = 35, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Minimum = 436ms, Maximum = 451ms, Average = 442ms

Packets: Sent = 92, Received = 92, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

Minimum = 253ms, Maximum = 264ms, Average = 256ms