Wine

CMwanderer

Try the Australian Shiraz/Cabernet called "The Pump" at Makro, a very sound drinker for under 300 baht.

The Wine Connection has a couple of reds I like, the "Rare Vineyards" Cabernet/Syrah (Vin de pays D'oc, France)at 499 baht and is almost a cross between an old world/new world red, and the Italian wine Primitivo/Zinfandel at 449 baht.

Have enjoyed on many occasions, however everyone has their own personal tastes/likes/dislikes.

My four local 7/11s, my local Tesco Express and a little shop on the Suthep Rd. side of Payom Market all have Aussie and other imported wines on the shelf, there is also a large liquor store with loads of imports, on Huai Kaeo Rd. just east of Canal Rd on the north side.

If you buy from the air-conditioned 24/7 shops, the temperature has probably been fairly constant, at least while it's been in the shop.

It's not hard to find... but as previously mentioned, the import duties and taxes make them all pretty expensive, compared to the price in the country of origin and there's no way around that. (or if there is, somebody, PLEASE tell me!)