Top 10 Misconceptions Farangs Have Of Thai Women

Berkshire

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally disagree. No woman is going to stay with a man if he does not offer her money. That is because women have no sex drive.

You would be correct if you substituted, "something she wants" for the word money.

In my case the sex drive lasted till she got a bigger house and a flasher car ( mine got traded a week after I moved in with her ). She also wanted a baby sitter for her kids. Took me 5 years to realise I was a sucker- was I ever naive!

In most cases however, the biggest sex killer is children.

^ Of course off tangent to the OP but this is probably the # 1 reason in any culture. Thais are not excluded. Things change both mentally and physically for her. As a man, you have done what you set your own trap into doing. You built the nest, surrounded the nest with all the acceptable trinkets to draw her in with. You displayed you could afford to support and protect her. Your mission is complete. You won your mate away the next available bachelor!!!!!!! . Now have your offspring and afford and support her. US humans are no different then any other animal on this planet. We like to think we are but we are not.

Us humans have made this an emotional scenario using LOVE as the main ingredient for it's success. The Cinderella story. The Knight in Shining Armor. The Protector. It just does not work. Olaf made some reasonable comments about Love.

As for marriage and the "Until death do you part"....well that is an unrealistic expectation that sets both parties up to fail, and most do. Most never make past 10 years, 25 tops.

What I find funny is the man who marries over and over. This totally dumbfounds me. Did they not learn anything?

Strong drink. Since I quit drinking I have not gotten married.

Women do have a sex drive and are generally more perverted than men. I could tell a story or 2laugh.gif

Right.

But you have to treat them accordingly.

All the White Knights here, who try to protect "pure" Thai women from us dirty farangs, will probably never know.

And that's why they are so bitter..... :D

I hear stickman is about to leave Thailand for good, after many years working here as an English teacher. Good luck to him, but really Thailand isn't the only country in Asia to reside in - Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia etc. all have their advantages and good sides compared to Thailand (and like all places disadvantages too, but that doesn't make Thailand a utopian paradise by comparison...Thailand has it's good and bad points and at the end of the day is just another country, not any more or less special than it's neighbors). The same can be said for their women. Certainly not all Thai women are bargirls and certainly not all Cambodian women are 14 year old child sex workers. Stereotyping like this needs to stop, because it doesn't reflect the realities of most people...however, like some posters have rightfully mentioned, it doesn't help that all one can find when searching for something general on the internet like "Thailand" or "Thailand AND tourism" all you see are either glossy exaggerated advertisements from the TAT or more commonly, pictures of Pattaya and Phuket with all their nightlife and bargirls etc.

I wish a general search for Thailand could reveal something like that of China. Type "China and tourism" or something of that sort into a search engine and you'll find pictures of beautiful mountains, modern cities and the Great Wall. Sure, this may be misleading because China is not perfect, but at least the impression that the place is worth visiting for its culture and thousands of years of history is what most first time prospective visitors get. It all looks good and there is rarely anything negative added to that perception (except perhaps some lousy rural toilets, LOL). Thailand really needs to shape up and change its image because otherwise nothing can be done to change those unfortunate stereotypes.

I hear stickman is about to leave Thailand for good, after many years working here as an English teacher. Good luck to him, but really Thailand isn't the only country in Asia to reside in - Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia etc. all have their advantages and good sides compared to Thailand (and like all places disadvantages too, but that doesn't make Thailand a utopian paradise by comparison...Thailand has it's good and bad points and at the end of the day is just another country, not any more or less special than it's neighbors). The same can be said for their women. Certainly not all Thai women are bargirls and certainly not all Cambodian women are 14 year old child sex workers. Stereotyping like this needs to stop, because it doesn't reflect the realities of most people...however, like some posters have rightfully mentioned, it doesn't help that all one can find when searching for something general on the internet like "Thailand" or "Thailand AND tourism" all you see are either glossy exaggerated advertisements from the TAT or more commonly, pictures of Pattaya and Phuket with all their nightlife and bargirls etc.

I wish a general search for Thailand could reveal something like that of China. Type "China and tourism" or something of that sort into a search engine and you'll find pictures of beautiful mountains, modern cities and the Great Wall. Sure, this may be misleading because China is not perfect, but at least the impression that the place is worth visiting for its culture and thousands of years of history is what most first time prospective visitors get. It all looks good and there is rarely anything negative added to that perception (except perhaps some lousy rural toilets, LOL). Thailand really needs to shape up and change its image because otherwise nothing can be done to change those unfortunate stereotypes.

Colorado is beautiful. East St Louis is not. Try as they may the people in East St Louis are not going to get much traction attracting tourists. Paris had Notre Dame Cathedral and it is an impressive church. A run down mound in the ground even if it is a thousand years old hardly seems to compare.

Stickman came to Thailand for the women. His left and he is going too. I have heard rumors that people come to Thailand for something other than the women. I searched for three years and could not find what it was. I went all over. Every time I saw something a bit impressive a Thai women would walk by and I would get distracted. Proving at least to me the priority of Thai attractions.

I think people should spend some time getting a real handle on the major attraction in Thailand, the women, that's why having the proper impression of Thai women is important. 9 out of ten women one sees in Thailand have nothing to do with the bar industry. Of course you could look at it, if there are twenty women on a bus two might...... I think that would be a good advertisement for TAT. One might as well build on strength.

I think people should spend some time getting a real handle on the major attraction in Thailand, the women, that's why having the proper impression of Thai women is important. 9 out of ten women one sees in Thailand have nothing to do with the bar industry. Of course you could look at it, if there are twenty women on a bus two might...... I think that would be a good advertisement for TAT. One might as well build on strength.

If 1 in 10 Thai ladies are available.

Those available go out 10x more than those not available.

So when go out 50% of woman you see are available.

I love logic!

I love logic!

Huh?

I love logic!

Huh?

I beg your pardon?

LOL, please Louise not another newbie quoting slick man.

My Buddah, actually if that guy would have taken his own advice maybe he would not have spent the most productive years of his working life wasting away as an English teacher wannabe and private detective hack ratting on bar girls. Sad really.

But I do hope he tricks ... I mean finds some buyer for that outdated website so he can finally escape the bar scene which he writes that he so loathes but cannot somehow break free. Maybe it is an addiction like Any Winehouse but then again slick man is far past the 27-years old club.

I was reading some topics about thai girls on another website. livingthai.org. You should read the crap that has been written on there.

For instance - How to get your girlfriend into bed with another girl. Why get to know a girl and manipulate them so much, as to get them into bed with another girl. What a complete head f%cker he is to do that to a person. Then go's out of his way to write about it, so someone else can do it or a visitor to Thailand can have the impression that Thai girls are just pieces of meat, that you can do what you like to them.

No wonder falangs have a bad name in Thailand, if thats the kind of sh_t that is floating around.

Sorry if i wasn't supposed to name the website. Not sure of the rules on that. But just makes me angry at the way some people think they can treat someone, just because they need money.

What are you on about? I looked at that site and can't find any reference to a threesome. I get your post from an anti sex attitude but what does it have to do with the OP? Are you just a Stick flamer? Do you agree with the OP or disagree with him? And what is the reference to poor women being easy to manipulate? Anyone knows it is easier to get a threesome with hi so ladies than farm girls.

http://www.livingtha...manipulate.html. Their you go.

If you knew me you would know i'm not anti sex. I just hate the way people write crap about Thai women; Then someone who has never been to Thailand, reads it and then he thinks there all the same. Whores or women that you can treat like sh_t as long as you give them some money.

You've got to be pretty misguided if you read one article off the internet and then think women are all the same, I read the article and it doesn't generalise at all, it's based of his experience with one girl. And what's wrong with treating Thai women like <deleted> anyway. If you want to be an a**hole then be one. I don't know where you live in Thailand but most people I know who travel to Thailand come for the girls, they may be nicer to them than that guy but in the end their just using them for s*x so what's the difference. I say to anyone who can teach other travellers to Thailand how to take advantage of Thai girls the better. And how to get the girl into a threesome, priceless!

• 2 months later...

Looking around Pattaya last month, I'd have to say numbers 2 and 3 are not myths.

If you're talking bargirls, you're probably right. I don't think he's talking about bargirls.

As if the non-bargirls in Thailand are any less scandalous? All Thai women are not available for a price but Id say a good chunk of them are. Farang culture also does not condone the "mia noi" thing you see that is so prevalent here in Thailand. Some of those things on that list are myths but much is not.

1. Thai women don't like Thai men

2. Thai women are not concerned about a man's age

3. Thai women aren't concerned how a guy looks

4. Thai women allow their husband to fool around

5. Thai women working as prostitutes in Thailand are sold into the industry by their family and are indentured slaves

6. A foreign man marrying a Thai woman has to pay a sin sot (dowry) and support her family forever

7. You pay for it with Thai women one way or the other

8. All Thai women are available for a price

9. Thai women don't have the same employment opportunities as men in Thailand

10. I know my Thai girlfriend / wife loves me because she told me

Not entirely true:

Marks out of 10

1.Probably not true (although they say so often)

2. Reasonably correct,statement.

3. I'm sure they would choose a good looking Guy,before the uglies......human nature prevails.

4. Some may do some don't ,but im sure any of them wouldn't like it,if they had a choice.

5. Perhaps some are, but certainly not all,or indeed the vast majority.

6. Usually,and for the most part,true, but not in every case.

7. For the most part true,but again not in every case.

8, Please anylise the term price,which excludes money.

9. Unless you are PM Elect!

10.Maybe she doe's,Maybe she doesn't,thats for you to decide,if she means it?

Reading the original 10 statements,one is inclined to easily agree with them Verbatum,

upon reflection,my answers agreeable or not are as above.

The title of the Stickman Article was: "The Ten Misconceptions Farangs Have Of Thai Woman." Or, more precisely, ten assumptions/viewpoints/opinions that foriegners have, regarding the way in which Thai woman think and their place in Thai society, which are actually incorrect.

Misconception #1: Thai woman don't like Thai men = Farangs think, or believe, that Thai woman don't like Thai men. Reality: Some thai women may not like Thai men but most do. Reason? They're Thai.

Misconception #2: Thai woman aren't concerned about a mans age = Farangs think, or believe, all Thai woman don't care about a mans age. Reality: Normal Thai woman are, bargirls/prostitutes aren't. Reason? Money is money no matter where it comes from.

Misconception #3: Thai woman aren't concerned how a guy looks = same as Misconception #2.

Misconception #4: Thai woman allow their husbands to fool around = Farangs think that all Thai woman don't mind if their husbands get a bit on the side. Reality: No Thai woman likes it but it probably occurs more with Thai husbands more than farang husbands. Particularly rich Thai husbands - they've usually got a mia noi tucked away somewhere. Thai wifes don't have any choice in this regard. It's tolerated as long as the Mia Luangs position isn't compromised.

Misconception #5: Thai women working as prostitutes in Thailand are sold into it by their families and are indentured slaves = Farangs think that all ladies working as prostitutes are enslaved and have no choice in the matter because they are there at the behest of their family. Reality: Maybe in the Thai on Thai prostitution industry but very rarely, if ever, in the Thai on farang prostution industry.

Misconception #6: A foriegn man marrying a Thai woman has to pay a sin sot (dowry) and support her family forever = Farangs think that they'll be up for a fee to marry a Thai lady and will have to provide ongoing financial support to her family. Reality: many get hoodwinked into this situation when marrying a bargirl/prostitute.

Misconception #7: You pay for it with Thai women one way or the other = Farangs think that sexual interaction with all Thai women will cost a certain amount of money. Reality: Prostitutes you pay directly, good girls cost you indirectly - dinners, movies, outings, parties etc.

Misconception #8: All Thai women are available for a price = Farangs think that getting a Thai women is simply a matter of handing over enough cash. Reality: Good girls - completely incorrect. Bargirls/prostitutes - probably right most of the time.

Misconception #9: Thai women don't have the same employment opportunities as men in Thailand = Farangs think that Thai women are a sub class and should be grateful that a farang has come along to help improve their lot. Reality: Lack of education and having the right connections reduces employment opportunities or gaining better paid, real jobs.

Misconception #10: I know my girlfriend loves me because she told me = Farangs believe it is true because she said so. Reality: there's alot of bloody naive farang out there.