Immigration At Departure

Left the kingdom last night and was met with massive queues at immigration, all the way outside the glass screens and then some. Took about 40 minutes to get "processed". No direction from airport staff to keep the queues balanced, basically survival of the fittest!

One immigration drone in each booth, plenty empty. Ironically the guy that stamped my passport was by far the most pleasant immigration man i have met in 11 years, smiling, chatting and basically showings signs of being a normal human...

JH

Dropped my buddy off kerbside at 18:45 on Wednesday night replete with his excess baggage for his 19:30 THAI flight to LAX. After check-in, he sms'd me saying there was about 2000 people busting the walls in the Immigration halls so he took my advice and got himself 'fast-tracked' where he reported about 100 bodies waiting to get through. He was seated onboard at 19:20 and sms'd me to say they were still waiting for a couple of missing pax before closing up the tube and pushing back. I was in Pattaya by 8pm.

OK, he is Star Alliance Gold and knows the ropes at Suvarnabhumi but just goes to show that waiting in line and missing flights doesn't always have to happen. As the OP says, 'survival of the fittest'

How come it took 75 minutes from Sukhumvit Soi 6 to the airport in perfectly dry conditions is beyond me. I mean where were all these <deleted>' cars crawling to? It's the first time I seen the traffic cops actually doing traffic control on the merging tollway lanes. The jury is out on if they actually made a difference though!

Dropped my buddy off kerbside at 18:45 on Wednesday night replete with his excess baggage for his 19:30 THAI flight to LAX. After check-in, he sms'd me saying there was about 2000 people busting the walls in the Immigration halls so he took my advice and got himself 'fast-tracked' where he reported about 100 bodies waiting to get through. He was seated onboard at 19:20 and sms'd me to say they were still waiting for a couple of missing pax before closing up the tube and pushing back. I was in Pattaya by 8pm.

OK, he is Star Alliance Gold and knows the ropes at Suvarnabhumi but just goes to show that waiting in line and missing flights doesn't always have to happen. As the OP says, 'survival of the fittest'

How come it took 75 minutes from Sukhumvit Soi 6 to the airport in perfectly dry conditions is beyond me. I mean where were all these <deleted>' cars crawling to? It's the first time I seen the traffic cops actually doing traffic control on the merging tollway lanes. The jury is out on if they actually made a difference though!

How did he manage to sort out fast track while at the airport, i thought it all had to be booked online? do they have a kiosk there, open 24 hours?

JH

• 3 weeks later...

How did he manage to sort out fast track while at the airport, i thought it all had to be booked online? do they have a kiosk there, open 24 hours?

JH

Am afraid to say you brazen it out and walk straight through with a smile without looking back.It does help if you're 1.95 and 120 kgs and dressed smart....

Every time I do it.