Petanque/Boules

lannaman

At the River Kok Leisure Park, Koh Loy is an area set aside for Petangue, alternative name Boules (cannot understand why 2 French derived names). The leisure Park is where we've had Pot Luck gatherings.

Each evening there is quite a crowd of Thai characters on the piste (that's what they call the area of gravel that the metal balls are aimed about on).

How about some of us getting together for some hard practice, early morning is good as no others there to view our initial embarrasing efforts and it's cooler. The Thais are good! so we need a lot of practice, which will be good fun.

I have a set of 6 balls, I think they have them for sale at the new Sports Store at Central, but for now happy to share mine.

So let's get some founder members of the Thaivisa Petanque Club. Contact me by PM or post comments and suggestions, maybe alterative venue for practicing.

I'll email some other Crai contacts too.

Petanque is a part of Jeux de Boules. JdB is everything you play with iron balls. Petanque is one of the variations of "playing the balls".

Practise early... How early?

I used to be pretty good in this sport. Sorry to say I lost my balls.

Petanque is a part of Jeux de Boules. JdB is everything you play with iron balls. Petanque is one of the variations of "playing the balls".

Practise early... How early?

I used to be pretty good in this sport. Sorry to say I lost my balls.

Sorry about your Les Boules, sounds painful!

Had 6.30am in mind, but there play under floodlights evening so that might be better for most folks.

Bring them along to the PotLuck on Sunday, we can try the game out. Maybe I'll source some marbles too.

Having spend some time watching a Thai tournament yesterday maybe it would be better for us to stick to marbles! They are HOT!