Electricity Charge Increase

davehowden

Since i moved into my small bungalow 6 months ago the monthly usage was below 90 units and hence free, a move by the government aimed at helping the poor (like me).

This month there is no free allowance, on ringing the "man" we were told that the free allowance now only applied to houses with a 5amp supply and that our supply of 30 amp no longer qualified for the relief, however low the usage was.

Anyone else had the same experience?

David (Cheapskate)

We have the low amp in our orchard for the pump, its free of charge indeed. It's a policy for the farmers and poor people my wife told me. Watching tv is possible with it.

Edited by Joop50

Got the new style water bill this month - looks quite like the electric bill now - was pleasently suprised by the 98Baht fee - until I realised it was NOT the leccy bill (which cae later at b1,735.96) - short lived!. You guys with your 8k plus bills - do you live in a department store?

Yo Dave, do you have Storm's number, maybe he can pop round and take my meter out too!

Edited by wolf5370

Got the new style water bill this month - looks quite like the electric bill now - was pleasently suprised by the 98Baht fee - until I realised it was NOT the leccy bill (which cae later at b1,735.96) - short lived!. You guys with your 8k plus bills - do you live in a department store?

Yo Dave, do you have Storm's number, maybe he can pop round and take my meter out too!

I suggested we didn't mention it until we'd recouped the cost of replacing the various electrical items that also got trashed.... through Surge Protectors!

It must have been really close, no one elses power even went off at the time!

D

I suggested we didn't mention it until we'd recouped the cost of replacing the various electrical items that also got trashed.... through Surge Protectors!

It must have been really close, no one elses power even went off at the time!

D

I too lost a number of electrical items from the storm around the same time. Also had surge protectors that were worthless. I lost a computer power supply, UPS back-up battery, DVD player, expensive wifi modem router, light bulbs all over the house....but the dam_n meter still works!

The subsidized power is aimed at the poorer Thai community NOT freeloading Farang, the OP and some of you other guys really need to take a good look at yourselves and start paying your way!

The subsidized power is aimed at the poorer Thai community NOT freeloading Farang, the OP and some of you other guys really need to take a good look at yourselves and start paying your way!

Ooooooooooooo! Get you!

So if you are given something for nothing, I take it you always refuse???? Strange.

[somepeople]

When I received my free electricity bills, I took them to 7-11 and demanded that they process the payment in full, because I'm not a CHEAP CHARLIE. They couldn't do it, so I went to the PEA and gave them 5000Baht, because I wanted to pay my way, because I'm not a CHEAP CHARLIE.

[/somepeople]

[semper]

:rolleyes:

[/semper]

My new bill was just delivered and I don't see a change at all. In fact it is less than it has been for the last 4-5 months. 1084 Baht total amount due. That is with running 3 fans all day and one of the A/C units for about 5 hours at night. No complaints here!

The property is owned by a Thai so being a Farang does not come into (does it?), thier rules not mine.

Edited by davehowden

[somepeople]

When I received my free electricity bills, I took them to 7-11 and demanded that they process the payment in full, because I'm not a CHEAP CHARLIE. They couldn't do it, so I went to the PEA and gave them 5000Baht, because I wanted to pay my way, because I'm not a CHEAP CHARLIE.

[/somepeople]

[semper]

:rolleyes:

[/semper]

Well good for you then.:blink:

if I live in a house owned by a Thai and get bills of 00.00 baht on her name (used to, not anymore), should I go and bang at the gates of the electricity company and insist that I want to pay those 150 or so baht a month or what? actually, you may have been able to convince me to do that if 1, I hadn't had to take time off work to go to the company 2, I had known it actually does help a poor family. but I don't even think their computer systems would have allowed me to pay even if I insisted.