Peripheral Vision.

Shot

Semper - peripheral vision is not included in the tests for a Thai driver licence.

Yes, it is. There is the test where you look straight ahead and from the corner of your eyes have to see different colour lights illuminating.

Semper - peripheral vision is not included in the tests for a Thai driver licence.

Yes, it is. There is the test where you look straight ahead and from the corner of your eyes have to see different colour lights illuminating.

Definately wasn't included the day I did my test (bumped into Ping at the licensing place), maybe the machine was out of order or they have stopped using that test.

Definately wasn't included the day I did my test (bumped into Ping at the licensing place), maybe the machine was out of order or they have stopped using that test.

Would not be surprised if they stopped using that test since I did mine in don't know when, it is not on the license. Many people were failing that one, I also had problems with it.

Yeah last time i was there i copped the test, maybe they stopped using it because so many people failedsmile.gif

Yeah last time i was there i copped the test, maybe they stopped using it because so many people failedsmile.gif

No, they replaced it with the talking on the hands free while driving test.

No, they replaced it with the talking on the hands free while driving test.

Damned, I'd fail that one, don't have a hands free set, I can drive very well while talking on the normal mobile, or internetting.

I did the test 4 years ago.Bit of a farce really as the girl who was doing it was preoccupied with an old guy who could not see the different colours on the colour blindness test, so she just kept moving him closer until he could make them out.Was only about 2 meters away in the end.

So how long ago did they stop it.

I do think the tests are just whatever they can be bothered doing on the day. The pre-test video had the reaction, depth perception and peripheral vision tests. however after the video we only did the reaction test and a normal colour vision test (which wasn't on te video). The equipment was there for the depth perception test. But I didn't see the machine for the peripheral vision.

are we talking about on the road? That's not a lack of peripheral vision, it's just called "ignorance", and "I'm in front of you I can do what I want to do" :D

pls note, there is a smilie there!

No way in hell I would let the Mrs. get behind the wheel. Two reasons: 1. She can't ride a motorbike for sh#t. 2. She is too dam_n short to see over the steering wheel. I would have to fit it with one of those seats you see for babies on motorbikes. And then, how would she reach the pedals?

There seem to be a lot of drivers who have a problem with depth perception. Witness how wide they swing out to pass another vehicle or refuse to go through a gap that is obviously wide enough.

That's just a general lack of driving skills and confidence.

There seem to be a lot of drivers who have a problem with depth perception. Witness how wide they swing out to pass another vehicle or refuse to go through a gap that is obviously wide enough.

And why when they are turning left,have to pull over to the right to make the turn

And why when they are turning left,have to pull over to the right to make the turn

And why when m/bikes turn right do they always drive on wrong side of the exit road and continue on the wrong side of the main road until they eventually get on the correct side of the road. Countless times I have had to stop when confronted with a bike coming straight at me, and look annoyed that I am in their way.

And why when m/bikes turn right do they always drive on wrong side of the exit road and continue on the wrong side of the main road until they eventually get on the correct side of the road. Countless times I have had to stop when confronted with a bike coming straight at me, and look annoyed that I am in their way.

Or on the shoulder.

Coming up the hill on my way home, I have to stay as far left as I can, because the cars are gearing up for the hill and going fast. Everyday, I get some moron on the shoulder going the wrong way. And, I get that same look. Like, <deleted> are you doing on my shoulder while I'm going the wrong way? It's a game of chicken, with a ditch the size of the Grand Canyon on one side, and a concrete truck doing 90 on the other.:o